Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 130 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 1936
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,198
    Makes sense. I gotta think theyll give Strip a longer leash (end of may) just to see.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,059
    Stripling has always been a good swing pitcher. I'm wondering if having an opener, if that would help his first inning struggles. Perhaps have Payamps open with Strips coming in after might help things a bit.

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,986
    To be fair, it was only the first inning that was terrible. The rest was fine.

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    To be fair, it was only the first inning that was terrible. The rest was fine.
    Now yes, you won't say that when things start getting serious

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Now yes, you won't say that when things start getting serious
    Strips numbers over 25 innings are epically bad, 7.2 era, 1.76 whip, .330 opponents batting ave., simply god-awful.

    For comparison, Roark pitched 7 innings, 6.2 era, 1.29 whip, .241 oba. and we punted him.

    Strips should not start another game for the Jays imo.

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Strips numbers over 25 innings are epically bad, 7.2 era, 1.76 whip, .330 opponents batting ave., simply god-awful.

    For comparison, Roark pitched 7 innings, 6.2 era, 1.29 whip, .241 oba. and we punted him.

    Strips should not start another game for the Jays imo.
    Agreed. Kendall better not pan out.

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,198
    Matz gave up 5 runs but ate enough innings.

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,198
    Thats tough. Not sure why we use Dolis to close when he's underperformed compared to like 3-4 guys in the pen.

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Thats tough. Not sure why we use Dolis to close when he's underperformed compared to like 3-4 guys in the pen.
    Not a fan of Dolis and his slow process, i think that hurts him more and it gives batters time to wait and see what's coming. Our BP is hurting right now. Need Hatch, Borucki and Merryweather to heal up fast.

    Also I want us our of FLA ASAP. It feel that even the home games there are all road games based on the crowd. At least in Buffalo, they are always supporting the Jays unless NYY or NYM are in. Was terrible vs Phi and BOS with all their fan base jeering us.

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,235
    might have to use more of beasley and bergen, castro is close to being activated

  11. #746
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Thats tough. Not sure why we use Dolis to close when he's underperformed compared to like 3-4 guys in the pen.
    Bullpen’s tired already. Dolis was fresh. He pitched in that role last year.

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,235
    Pitchers have to perform, can't always blame Montoyo

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,198
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Bullpen’s tired already. Dolis was fresh. He pitched in that role last year.
    I wouldve used Dolis in the 8th and Romano in the 9th.

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,198
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Pitchers have to perform, can't always blame Montoyo
    This is true. I have been a fan of his BP management for the most part.

  15. #750
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I wouldve used Dolis in the 8th and Romano in the 9th.
    I'd ease Dolis back into it and rely on Chatwood and Romano for the 8th and 9th.

    That was painful to watch last night.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

Page 50 of 130 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •