Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Pompey signs with Angels.

Glad to see him get another chance after his concussion history.
    Yes.

And in other news, Roark on a minor league deal to the Braves.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It is, but he hasn't been stretched out yet, that's on management. He had one start since February I believe. There's another kid that looks to be ready, let him come up and pitch.
    You mean Manoah?

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    You mean Manoah?
    Oh yeah.

Oh yeah.
    The more I look at Pearson the more I'm starting to think maybe he's being rushed. But I'm not necessarily blaming the Jays here - his age, prospect ranking and the fact that we only have 3 reliable starters is forcing their hand. Then again, it's no surprise we were thin on the mound - maybe should have pulled another deal for a good young starter. So frustrating

The more I look at Pearson the more I'm starting to think maybe he's being rushed. But I'm not necessarily blaming the Jays here - his age, prospect ranking and the fact that we only have 3 reliable starters is forcing their hand. Then again, it's no surprise we were thin on the mound - maybe should have pulled another deal for a good young starter. So frustrating
    I don't think he's being rushed. He just doesn't have the stuff to be a starter in the MLB. Some guys are just made to be relievers. This is like when Brett Cecil first came up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Yes.

AA swooping in for Atkins' sloppy seconds. Gotta love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

fine line between reality and excuses. Just saying it's time for him to show up.
    Both can be true. However if you only pitch one time between the end of March to May 5th, expectation ought to be tempered. Even Kershaw, Sherzer, Strasburg have had some stinkers coming from injury, difference is they don't rush him back (not comparing Pearson's ability to them, just their injury prone and how they aren't rushed back)..

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Both can be true. However if you only pitch one time between the end of March to May 5th, expectation ought to be tempered. Even Kershaw, Sherzer, Strasburg have had some stinkers coming from injury, difference is they don't rush him back (not comparing Pearson's ability to them, just their injury prone and how they aren't rushed back)..
    Which is why I flipped on this, I think given the circumstances (the need for another starter...etc) they may have rushed him back.

Yes.

Roark is done but it's a minor league deal though so not too bad.

Which is why I flipped on this, I think given the circumstances (the need for another starter...etc) they may have rushed him back.
    I still prefer he starts in the minors before being called up. We are stacked in the pen so still give him a longer leash as a starter before deciding whether he goes to the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I still prefer he starts in the minors before being called up. We are stacked in the pen so still give him a longer leash as a starter before deciding whether he goes to the pen.
    I think they made the call out of necessity, to take some pressure off the pen. Matz barely got through 5 in his last start. At this point it might be best to send him down.

A question needs to be asked, why aren't we developing pitchers? Most are FA signings and left overs

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't think he's being rushed. He just doesn't have the stuff to be a starter in the MLB. Some guys are just made to be relievers. This is like when Brett Cecil first came up.
    Well most relievers are failed starters so it could be the case, but not necessarily.

Maybe they should put him in long relief to see how he does then later in the year stretch him out and have him start. I don't know the whole thing is so frustrating

The dominant inning vs the Rays in the post-season was something

I think they made the call out of necessity, to take some pressure off the pen. Matz barely got through 5 in his last start. At this point it might be best to send him down.

A question needs to be asked, why aren't we developing pitchers? Most are FA signings and left overs
    We have had good pitcher prospects but we've been position player heavy, which I probably prefer.

Well most relievers are failed starters so it could be the case, but not necessarily.

Maybe they should put him in long relief to see how he does then later in the year stretch him out and have him start. I don't know the whole thing is so frustrating

The dominant inning vs the Rays in the post-season was something
    Which is probably why the bullpen talks are immature. We all understand he may end up in the pen, but regardless he hasnt failed as a starter yet. Once he fails as a starter then we can move him to the pen.

Pearson optioned to AAA

Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast