Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 130 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Merryweather throws smoke. Hit 100 today. Change up clocked in at 81. That’s incredible. Might have found some gold there.
    That slider he got Torres to look at was just mean. He really likes using that change up against lefties too.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Well I guess we found our closer.
    It does look like Merryweather will be closer, though I wouldnt be surprised if they just go with matchups. Possible they went with Romano against the top of the lineup.

Ultimately whatever gets more wins lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    It does look like Merryweather will be closer, though I wouldnt be surprised if they just go with matchups. Possible they went with Romano against the top of the lineup.

I just hope they don't overthink it. IMO both of them might do better with defined roles, Roman has had control issues and Merryweather health issues

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post

Nice to have Romano, Merryweather and Borucki at the back end of our pen.
    Phelps, Dollis, Mayza, Thornton and Chatwood can all be effective, definitely a strength for the team.

Grich with winning RBI's in both wins. Holdiing the Yanks to 8 er's over three games is pretty impressive, especially with our 8th/9th starters in two games.

Looking forward to seeing our top three break out. Hopefully we see our true offense in the next series .
    Last edited by Sasky05; 04-04-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I just hope they don't overthink it. IMO both of them might do better with defined roles, Roman has had control issues and Merryweather health issues
    We'll see as the season goes on. One may be more suited than the other in a specific role.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Phelps, Dollis, Mayza, Thornton all can be effective, definitely a strength for the team.

Grich with winning RBI's in both wins. Holdiing the Yanks to 8 er's over three games is pretty impressive, especially with our 8th/9th starters in two games.

Looking forward to seeing our top three break out. Hopefully we see our true offense in the next series .
    Bullpens are always tricky and streaky but 2 guys reaching 98 or higher is always nice. Could help stabilize the rest of the pen as the season goes on.

Its still early so the offense will probably take some time to get used to. Tellez is looking like the odd man out early on.

Phelps, Dollis, Mayza, Thornton and Chatwood can all be effective, definitely a strength for the team.

The pen is looking great to start the season. Atkins sure knows how to build a great bullpen. Dolis is the wild card though. If he can get his control down, he’s another solid arm. Surprised to see Thornton in there but I guess Stripling is the spot starter.

Good we kept Grichik. Gives us depth. Have a good bench when guys caliber of Gruchuk on it. Has good glove, can play all 3 outfield positions. Will hit 30hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Good we kept Grichik. Gives us depth. Have a good bench when guys caliber of Gruchuk on it. Has good glove, can play all 3 outfield positions. Will hit 30hrs.
    Agreed. Couldn't understand the posters who wanted him gone. To me, an .800 ops bat with above average defense, and 30 homer power is pretty valuable. If Rowdy doesn't come around soon, we can rotate our OFers through the dh spot until he gets back in a groove.

Looks like Tug cleared waivers. I'm sure most of the posters were pulling for him.

Looks like Tug cleared waivers. I'm sure most of the posters were pulling for him.
    I see what you did there.

Glad he did, keeps a veteran C with our pitching familiarity on the roster in case of injury. Also no Jay can beat out an infield dingle faster than he can.

Great start taking advantage of the struggling picture

Nice to get out of that.

I know that Rangers suck but Matz looks really good

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 130 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast