Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Still not buying into Grich but Ill take what he offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Still not buying into Grich but Ill take what he offers.
    Exactly. If he stays hot until Springer is ready, that would be perfect. But.... Dante Bichette saying he made changes. Weve heard that before though.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Yea. They have to make a call to ensure he's being challenged but at the same time ensure they don't move him up too quick. He's currently 23 and will be 24 the entire 2022 season. He will be here by 2022 for sure.
    If they call him to be part of the pen in Sept (and the playoffs), I'd be fine. But with the intention he is a starter again next year.

If they call him to be part of the pen in Sept (and the playoffs), I'd be fine. But with the intention he is a starter again next year.
    He'd be an awesome weapon out of the pen especially if we were to make that final push

He'd be an awesome weapon out of the pen especially if we were to make that final push
    He seems like he might be a potential stud next year (or this year if he keeps doing that) and by no means should we try to mess him up by changing him from a SP to a RP for one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    He seems like he might be a potential stud next year (or this year if he keeps doing that) and by no means should we try to mess him up by changing him from a SP to a RP for one month.
    I know. I go back and forth on this.

Definitely don't want to mess him up. I think he would be ok if they limit his relief innings and not treat him like a regular reliever. Probably can afford to do that with the expanded roster.

I mean who knows, he might end up starting this season. Watching the video of yesterdays game it looks like he can use the challenge.

Nice to see. Hope they don't rush him.
    But would it be? The kid looks ready to go, and by all accounts from ST, he is. Hes an olderish prospect. And it already looks like he makes the team better immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    But would it be? The kid looks ready to go, and by all accounts from ST, he is. Hes an olderish prospect. And it already looks like he makes the team better immediately.
    that's why I think he might need the challenge. I would hold him back if he was 21

It is only been 1 start so far for Manoah. With the strong ST, it is easy to get ahead of ourselves. But if he keeps doing this I'm fine with a call up prior to September. As a starting option too.

Its only 1 AAA start and I normally prefer prospects gets a years worth. He averaged 3 innings/game in A- and he probably built it up last year but would like to see it in live game.

ST stats I dont take too seriously.

I mean if hes putting up Clemens numbers in AAA then yea Id call him up earlier if there is an open rotation spot.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 05-07-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Its only 1 AAA start and I normally prefer prospects gets a years worth. He averaged 3 innings/game in A- and he probably built it up last year but would like to see it in live game.

ST stats I dont take too seriously.
    But Im the engineer of the hype train so those things dont matter to me

that's why I think he might need the challenge. I would hold him back if he was 21
    I agree on both points, plus his delivery is just so easy and repeatable.

I think we need to factor in his 108 IP's in college, his current age, maturity both physically and mentally, his stats and pitch repertoire.

Service time is not much of an issue this season so given that I'm sure Atkins and co. will make the right decision.

Would have to check but I'm sure there are pitchers that spent little time in pro ball before successfully making the jump. With the cancelation of last years minor leagues there might not be too many examples.

I'd like to see this question put to Atkins

I would sign Pujols. He could be this teams Dave Winfield. Even just as a mentor. He is widely regarded as an incredible human being. And we know how Vlad and Espinal feel about him.

I would sign Pujols. He could be this teams Dave Winfield. Even just as a mentor. He is widely regarded as an incredible human being. And we know how Vlad and Espinal feel about him.
    I'd be fine if he'd want to come over as a coach, as a player I'm not sold on this part of his career, especially since we would have to remove someone from the 40 man. As player he doesn't have much if anything left to give to the game, as a coach he might have a lot.

Page 35 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast