Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Adams was called up over the weekend already.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Adams was called up over the weekend already.
    right

Rough 5 innings for Matz.

ERA now 4.78 after a rough few games. I'll give him benefit of the doubt and say he can bring that down to 3.80 ERA within the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Rough 5 innings for Matz.

ERA now 4.78 after a rough few games. I'll give him benefit of the doubt and say he can bring that down to 3.80 ERA within the next few weeks.
    This is how he pitches, which is ok for a #4/5 starter but not a #2/3

Umpire with some terrible strike calls.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Umpire with some terrible strike calls.
    not really noticing but I have watched a few games this season - not blue jays - and the problem is league wide

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    not really noticing but I have watched a few games this season - not blue jays - and the problem is league wide
    Just frustrating to watch. Canít do much.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Just frustrating to watch. Canít do much.
    I know. imagine the how the players feel. The only solution to get competent umps or use robo umps. Robo umps are more likely.

Good game. Tough loss. Hopefully bounce back tomorrow

The Matz blow-up. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    This is how he pitches, which is ok for a #4/5 starter but not a #2/3
    I projected him 4-4.20ish. i'll give him a longer leash given he pitched relatively well oitside of a few ABs.

Take the good with the bad: Ray is pitching great. I'm eating crow.

This rotation really is ugly without Ryu in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Take the good with the bad: Ray is pitching great. I'm eating crow.

This rotation really is ugly without Ryu in it.

Tough luck for Matz. An unexpected 3 run HR to Josh Harrison (even when he is hot) ....and then a 2 run homer from a struggling Piscotty hitting down in the order (who I still can't believe produced a HR with the swing he took on that baseball). Laureano's was a bomb and not a surprise, but those other 2 really hurt. He isn't going to be a #1, but he could be a darn good #5 (....which is what they are paying him to be) and is pitching like a good #3.

It's ugly right now for sure, but as soon as they can get Ryu, Pearson and SWR/Manoah into the mix it could be really, really good. Right now I am very excited for this team in the second half. They have a good mix of young guys and vets who know how to be successful over a 6 month marathon. If they go out and add at the deadline they could have a scary and very complete 26 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Tough luck for Matz. An unexpected 3 run HR to Josh Harrison (even when he is hot) ....and then a 2 run homer from a struggling Piscotty hitting down in the order (who I still can't believe produced a HR with the swing he took on that baseball). Laureano's was a bomb and not a surprise, but those other 2 really hurt. He isn't going to be a #1, but he could be a darn good #5 (....which is what they are paying him to be) and is pitching like a good #3.

It's ugly right now for sure, but as soon as they can get Ryu, Pearson and SWR/Manoah into the mix it could be really, really good. Right now I am very excited for this team in the second half. They have a good mix of young guys and vets who know how to be successful over a 6 month marathon. If they go out and add at the deadline they could have a scary and very complete 26 man roster.
    We just gotta get healthy. Been a bad stretch of luck for injuries from the bullpen to the rotation to the lineup.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Opportunity here for Kay. He needs to throw strikes and show much better command of his pitches

Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast