Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    He should do better going forward but not sure if I'd label him a slow starter given the lack of sample.

I remember he was sent down in 2019 for being bad.

But in 2018 he started in the minor (hitting 350) was called up and hit .267 by end of April (14% of his games played in 2018).

Last year was too small a sample size (we started July instead of April so not sure if he had an effect too). But if we wanted to use lasr year, in his first 9 games (16% of his games played) he was hitting over .300.

He's at .197 with about 13% of games played (assuming he plays 150 games) so still a bit of a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I have no doubt they are just being cautious

Thats true. Long season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He should do better going forward but not sure if I'd label him a slow starter given the lack of sample.

I remember he was sent down in 2019 for being bad.

But in 2018 he started in the minor (hitting 350) was called up and hit .267 by end of April (14% of his games played in 2018).

Last year was too small a sample size (we started July instead of April so not sure if he had an effect too). But if we wanted to use lasr year, in his first 9 games (16% of his games played) he was hitting over .300.

He's at .197 with about 13% of games played (assuming he plays 150 games) so still a bit of a drop.
    I believe in the kid, but the worst thing that could happen this season is if they move him around the diamond or keep shuffling him around the lineup. Just give him the 150 games in left and please be able to walk away from the season with an understanding of what his ceiling is! Cant build around question marks. We need to know what these kids can do so we know what needs to be added in the offseason.

Well they cant exactly keep him 6th in the lineup hitting .200.

They are keeping him in LF though so that shouldnt be a problem.

Well they cant exactly keep him 6th in the lineup hitting .200.

They are keeping him in LF though so that shouldnt be a problem.
    The most devastating thing would be an injury or covid like teo. Iím already feeling like unless teo explodes for an insane WAR when he returns, we will still be left with nothing hit questions about him after this season.

Teo was projected for a regression anyway but Covid definitely doesnt help.

Weird schedule the Jays have, too many off days for my liking.

I didnt oike it at first but It worked out given we've had a lot of injuries.

I didnt oike it at first but It worked out given we've had a lot of injuries.
    and yet we still have injuries

btw, Manoah was assigned to AAA, a phone call away from the big show

Didn't we have no days off the first two weeks?

Edit: after the day off between the season opener and the second game, we played 16 games.in the first 16 days

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 04-30-2021 at 05:39 AM.

It's baseball....there'll always be injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Didn't we have no days off the first two weeks?

Edit: after the day off between the season opener and the second game, we played 16 games.in the first 16 days

I was referring to the past 2 weeks

Well we do have some injury prone players.

In either case, less games played when they are injured lowers the impact on our record. 1 less game played means 1more available game when they healthy

Well we do have some injury prone players.

In either case, less games played when they are injured lowers the impact on our record. 1 less game played means 1more available game when they healthy
    Yea Ryu and possibly Pearson

Injury prevention in baseball is quite an involved topic. It's probably best to look at it on a case by case basis. Really hope we get Pearson back soon, need him on the mound blowing FB's by hitters

This morning per Ben Wagner
    Nate Pearson had a bumpy sim game yesterday, according to sources. He didnít finish 3 innings, and had four up/downs over 66 pitches. FB averaged upper-90ís. Pearson is healthy coming off a right groin strain.

Yea Ryu and possibly Pearson

Injury prevention in baseball is quite an involved topic. It's probably best to look at it on a case by case basis. Really hope we get Pearson back soon, need him on the mound blowing FB's by hitters

This morning per Ben Wagner
    Nate Pearson had a bumpy sim game yesterday, according to sources. He didnít finish 3 innings, and had four up/downs over 66 pitches. FB averaged upper-90ís. Pearson is healthy coming off a right groin strain.
    Anyone else dabble in OOTP baseball?
    They have a loading screen quote that always echoes in my mind. Something along the lines of ďit never ceases to amaze me how almost all baseball injuries are self inflictedĒ.

Tried searching for the original but I couldnít find it.

Page 25 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast