Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Stats don't tell the whole story. Tellez IMO is a major league starter
    In some situations, sure but when talking about dh, they paint a pretty good picture. He may very well be a starter but right now his only job is to hit and he's not doing that.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

oh oh. Ryu hurt

Hopefully not a serious one. But one of those players you always worry about when they get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Lol at Buck.

"If you're an elite pitcher, you're a baseball player."
    I wouldn't be able to listen to him if it wasn't for Shulman

Too many holes in this line-up at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    In some situations, sure but when talking about dh, they paint a pretty good picture. He may very well be a starter but right now his only job is to hit and he's not doing that.

In the minors he always seemed to suck for a year and then figure it out. Rowdy started off slow last year too and finished with good numbers, even if it was a short season. Iíve always been a big Rowdy homer tho so Iím always rooting for him.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    oh oh. Ryu hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Hopefully not a serious one. But one of those players you always worry about when they get hurt.
    Minor *** strain. Not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Minor *** strain. Not joking.
    Glute strain. What a bummer lol

At least it wasn't a groin injury. He had one a few years ago and he missed some time.

Would have been nice to get an indurance run there. Jansen has to pick up the hitting. Im fine if he hits .200 but not .050.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    In the minors he always seemed to suck for a year and then figure it out. Rowdy started off slow last year too and finished with good numbers, even if it was a short season. Iíve always been a big Rowdy homer tho so Iím always rooting for him.
    Sure, I hope he succeeds as well, a power lefty is something this team sorely needs. But he will struggle to get playing time when Teo and Springer return and Grichuk continues to play well

If there are too many guys hitting well that they can keep Rowdy on the bench, them so be it. Right now that is hard to fathom though. Like half the lineup isn't hitting their bodyweight ffs. Thank god they can pitch.

The story of the Jays continues. Seems like every year the side of the ball ( hitting/pitching) you think is going to br good always seems to struggle, and vice versa. Every time you think the rotation or bullpen is going to struggle, they do great.

If this team ever starts to hit, they are going to be scary. Just to get to their career norms, most of these guys are due some serious hot streaks. If Springer and Teo don't turn this offense around, instead of trading for pitching they may need to trade for some bats that can create runs. If your name isn't Vladdy, Bo or Grichuk you have sucked so far. Semien is starting to come around, but he still has an OPS under .700 and an OBP under .300 on the year.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    This is why I will continue to hold out hope as well. Have always seen him as one of those guys that will be a late bloomer, hopefully not on a different team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Sure, I hope he succeeds as well, a power lefty is something this team sorely needs. But he will struggle to get playing time when Teo and Springer return and Grichuk continues to play well

I think most of us are waiting for grich to regress.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    If there are too many guys hitting well that they can keep Rowdy on the bench, them so be it. Right now that is hard to fathom though. Like half the lineup isn't hitting their bodyweight ffs. Thank god they can pitch.

The story of the Jays continues. Seems like every year the side of the ball ( hitting/pitching) you think is going to br good always seems to struggle, and vice versa. Every time you think the rotation or bullpen is going to struggle, they do great.

If this team ever starts to hit, they are going to be scary. Just to get to their career norms, most of these guys are due some serious hot streaks. If Springer and Teo don't turn this offense around, instead of trading for pitching they may need to trade for some bats that can create runs. If your name isn't Vladdy, Bo or Grichuk you have sucked so far. Semien is starting to come around, but he still has an OPS under .700 and an OBP under .300 on the year.
    Yup I made a similar comment a few pages back. Classic jays.

Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast