Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1936
  1. #1891
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,636
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Tip your hat to the Jays. If you had told me we were going to win 91 games at the beginning of the season, I would have thought for sure we'd have either won the division or locked up the first wildcard spot.

    AL East was just too good this year.
    Yea for sure. 91 wins and have the 2nd in MVP race (and a top 6 finish for Semien) and the Cy Young on Ray and I wouldve assumed guarantted playoffs.

  2. #1892
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,636
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Damn what a great season. I think they beat all expectations. What coulda been if we were home all year or had a bullpen for the first 3 months.
    Wasnt our BP good to start the year then dropped off afterwards?

  3. #1893
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,685
    It's tough because this was a team that could have done some real damage in the playoffs. Other than the Rays I didn't fear any other team in the AL. Tough to see a historic offense and really, a pretty damn good 1-5 in the rotation and not see even a wildcard game. Going to take a few days to get over this one.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  4. #1894
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    4,120
    The Jays had a good offense, not a historic one overall.

    To get to historic levels your offense needs to be able to knock in close to or over 1000 runs in the year.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again


  5. #1895
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,975
    did anybody see the play former Jay Gio Urshela made today? it was reminiscent of Derek Jeter's flying into the stands, Urshela went flying headlong into into the Devil Rays dugout and the Rays righfully just stood there, but even the Jays were saying how incredible it was after the game.

    he ran across the field at full speed and tumbled into the rays dugout. in a 0-0 game it was critical

  6. #1896
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    It's tough because this was a team that could have done some real damage in the playoffs. Other than the Rays I didn't fear any other team in the AL. Tough to see a historic offense and really, a pretty damn good 1-5 in the rotation and not see even a wildcard game. Going to take a few days to get over this one.
    once again going into the final 13 games they led the wild card. and and were playing 10 against 2 last place teams. they held the hammer, unfortunately they just werent up to the challenge. is it disappointing of course it is but its not like they deserved better. They just didnt earn better than where they ended up
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-03-2021 at 08:52 PM.

  7. #1897
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,685
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    once again going into the final 13 games they led the wild card. and and were playing 10 against 2 last place teams. they held the hammer, unfortunately they just werent up to the challenge. is it disappointing of course it is but its not like they deserved better. They just didnt earn better than where they ended up
    Bats went quiet for 2 weeks at the wrong time of the year. Bullpen was terrible for 3 months of the season. As Semien said in his call after the game, “We became, in my opinion, the best team in baseball. But it was just a tick too late.”


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  8. #1898
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,636
    I think the law of averages kicked in the last month.

    We played well for 3 weeks to go 15 and 2. Then cooled for 2 weeks and lost the series against Yankees/Rays along with a split with Twins.

  9. #1899
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,709
    It's going to be a long off-season

  10. #1900
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    318
    MLB really needs to expand the playoffs to 8 teams or even 6. No reason for the Jays or Mariners to be out of it, and the Dodgers should not be playing in a 1 game playoff with 104 wins.

  11. #1901
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,636
    This playoff format is definitely weird.

    Having a 1 game do or die WC series as a playoff doesnt make sense IMO. Feels a lot like the nba play in.

  12. #1902
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    This playoff format is definitely weird.

    Having a 1 game do or die WC series as a playoff doesnt make sense IMO. Feels a lot like the nba play in.
    i disagree that just make winning meaningless, ive lost all interest in the nba because of that, 2 wild cards is fair
    the AL east is the reason the jays missed out.


    no other division has 4 90 win teams if the jays played any where else they have had 100 wins, Boston NY and Tampa too
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 10-03-2021 at 11:18 PM.

  13. #1903
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,636
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    i disagree that just make winning meaningless, ive lost all interest in the nba because of that, 2 wild cards is fair
    the AL east is the reason the jays missed out.


    no other division has 4 90 win teams if the jays played any where else they have had 100 wins, Boston NY and Tampa too
    Im saying they expand the playoffs or at the very least, make the WC series best 2/3 instead of its current 1 game format.

  14. #1904
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,966
    Great season of entertainment. Sad to see it over. This off-season is very important... I can't wait to see what they decide to do.

  15. #1905
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,751
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    So much pain.

    91 wins and +183 run differential and not even making the 2nd wildcard.
    2nd last in the division…

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •