Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 130 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1936
    Damn Vlad, up 3-1 in the count bases loaded and he has no patience. if he has one flaw its being over aggressive, this one hurts...especially since Berrios started
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 08-24-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Yeah I get that. But guys like Valaria, Espinal, Biggio should be able to bunt.
    I think Biggio walks too much so they aren't trying to waste an at bat.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    Damn Vlad, up 3-1 in the count bases loaded and he has no patience. if he has one flaw its being over aggressive, this one hurts...especially since Berrios started
    Vlad has patience, he's not perfect but he has a pretty good eye at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Vlad has patience, he's not perfect but he has a pretty good eye at the plate.
    not last night he didnt, kopech had just walked semien on 4 straight pitches with not one pitch near the strike zone and then went to 3-1 to vlad. Kopech was clearly fighting himself, having trouble finding the strike zone, I just felt in that situation you force the pitcher to earn the strike.

as it was Hendricks came in with a 3 run lead and the game was effectively over, that bottom of the 8th was the Jays chance and Vlad's at bat was the final nail in the coffin. You know me, I hate when guys dont show plate discipline and just like Grichuk goes boneheaded at times Vlad did that at bat too

as i said it was rough especially since Berrios started and laid an egg, so its not all on Vlad. it just hurts when you got your top guy going and you expect to win and you lose like that. losses like that rob you of all momentum. Maybe Vlad thought it was a cripple pitch, I dont know but the result really hurt

since that Boston series going into what should have been an easy stretch, after going 8-1 after getting Berrios, The Jays have gone 5-9 so what looked like a season defining trade is now a 13-10 stretch and you know as well as I do that wont cut it. Theres still 25% of the season to go, but the clock is ticking
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 08-25-2021 at 07:37 PM.

I'm getting further and further away from wanting to re-sign Semien. OBP down in the 330s now.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I'm getting further and further away from wanting to re-sign Semien. OBP down in the 330s now.
    hey bro send me a link to your book, i responded but i guess you didnt see it

How could a red hot offense be so ultra cold all of a sudden ? I feel the starters especially Ray not getting the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    How could a red hot offense be so ultra cold all of a sudden ? I feel the starters especially Ray not getting the decision.
    I think there's a few factors, they are probably missing Springer at the top, fatigue for the younger players is probably setting in and, with regards to this last series, we went up against some pretty good pitching. These are the types of games they are going to have to win if they want any shot at the pennant. Taking 2 of 3 against the White Sox and these three pitchers is huge.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

For most of these guys this is the first full season they’ve played. I think fatigue is kicking in.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    For most of these guys this is the first full season they’ve played. I think fatigue is kicking in.
    This is true. That said, the offensive approach has looked better the past few games. It has been really tough pitching. Another tough one tonight.

Hell of a game by Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Hell of a game by Ray.
    He's been remarkable all year. I really hope he is a long-term piece. Great acquisition last year and smart move to retain him. I think he ultimately decides to come back. He'll get paid wherever he goes, but the fit seems perfect here.

I actuaoly dont want the team to sign him long term. I was on board getting him at the deadline and a 1 year deal but his career been too shaky for me to sign him to a 4-5 years. Rather we give that money to another starter.

Obviously the market will determine that though.

I actuaoly dont want the team to sign him long term. I was on board getting him at the deadline and a 1 year deal but his career been too shaky for me to sign him to a 4-5 years. Rather we give that money to another starter.

I've switched on Ray. Dude has been rock solid all season long, pitching like an ace. In fact, I think this is the best I've seen a Blue Jays pitcher look since Halladay.

Must sign, IMO.

His track record is decent. Given the need for pitching, we should make all attempts to sign him. I don't see anyone waiting in the wings that can provide immediate starting pitching help.