Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Lucky for Roark, game has just been postponed
    For my nerves as well
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    For my nerves as well
    Then this should make you happy, Roark moving to the Pen (Montoyo)

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    No idea but will put this down to not having Hatch and Ray

Stripling might last the season in the rotation - he has a decent 4 pitch mix.

IMO, they're treating Tellez like a bench player and he performs that way. He can be a starter on many teams. Kirk I'm not really surprised - it will take a while for him to adjust.

I like Bo in the 2 hole as well but we have Semien so gotta find a spot for him. What's the lineup going to look like when Springer gets back? can't move Vlady down to 6th - makes no sense
    Bo seems to dominate when hitting 2. Vladdy needs to be 3 right now. Biggio and Semien are K heavy at the top move them down the order to help fix their swings without a cost at table setting. I'd move Semien lower as Biggio usually has a higher BB rate untile Springer returns.

Teo on the Covid list might be a blessing in disguise as he was really struggling, he's looking lost. Now if only we could add Tellez as well. Palacios can fill in, dude looked dominate.

Glad for the rainout. No Roark and Bo gets his day off without costing us a day off.

Yea Bo seems to excel in the 2 spot

batting leadoff (33 AB's) OPS .697
    batting 2nd (90 AB's) OPS .892

With Ray coming back and Roark headed to the BP to be our swing man I guess our rotation is Ryu, Ray, Matz, Zeuch and Stripling.

I wonder when Pearson returns if Roark is the first man off the roster as Millone has pitched pretty well when he's been in. Allows for either Pearson to return to the SP (with either Stripling to his swing role or Zeuch) depending on those performances, or RP if he needs to sharpen up or build some arm strength.

Right now I'd say we could use Pearson in either role sooner than later, though that rain delay came at a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    With Ray coming back and Roark headed to the BP to be our swing man I guess our rotation is Ryu, Ray, Matz, Zeuch and Stripling.

I wonder when Pearson returns if Roark is the first man off the roster as Millone has pitched pretty well when he's been in. Allows for either Pearson to return to the SP (with either Stripling to his swing role or Zeuch) depending on those performances, or RP if he needs to sharpen up or build some arm strength.

Right now I'd say we could use Pearson in either role sooner than later, though that rain delay came at a good time.
    Hard to consider Zeuch as part of the rotation if he needs an opener.

I wouldn't worry about the second paragraph much as injuries and under performance will have a big say in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post

I expect Pearson to start in an ‘opener’ role. Innings will be based on how many pitches the team feels he is worked up to, with the hope he can gradually be able to throw 5-6 innings by seasons end. Stripling, Zeuch and/or Kay are piggyback candidates. Maybe Hatch eventually too

Also super glad Roark isn’t considered starter anymore. I fully expected they’d give him more starts given the financial investment. Glad they acted early

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Also super glad Roark isn’t considered starter anymore. I fully expected they’d give him more starts given the financial investment. Glad they acted early
    If anything it's a testament to Montoyo. Just because a guy is making a lot of money doesn't guarantee him anything. It's one of the many reasons I like the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

The rotation isn't near as bad as i thought it would be. Ray pitched great yesterday.

That final strike on Rowdy was egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    The rotation isn't near as bad as i thought it would be. Ray pitched great yesterday.

That final strike on Rowdy was egregious.
    Yeah hoping the staff continues to settle into a decent rotation. They don’t have to be the best in the league this year - that expectation comes moving forward, when more resources are allocated to the staff.

Pitching has been good and offense has been bad. That should work itself out as the season goes.

Tellez finally hits a HR. What do you know, off a LHP too.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast