Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Hopefully Roarke has played his last game in Jay's uniform

Blue Jays sign GM Ross Atkins to five-year contract extension

sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/blue-jays-sign-gm-ross-atkins-five-year-contract-extension/

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I turned the game off in the 3rd inning. It was painful watching him pitch. I'm guessing he'll get a few more starts (doubt they give up that 12 million without trying to get more innings out of him), but I don't expect him to turn it around. Not really sure he does anything for our bullpen. He'll have to get sent down and be off the 40 man at some point. The only question is really "when."

Maybe this is overreaction after a single start, but we watched this all last year. He's just not a good MLB pitcher.
    I knew he was in trouble when he started pitching around hitters in the 1st inning.

Atkins resigned 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    It can't hurt to get a reliever but most star RP wont be available until the TDL. I'd probably ride the team until the TDL and see what the team roster needs are and see if we are good enough where we are buyers. Then trade maybe Grosh for a controllable SP.
    I agree. I just remember hearing that they were gonna aim for a reliever but that was before the season started. I don't think you will see mich movement before the TDL, which has become the norm. If a SP is going to cost Martin I would pivot to a mid rotation starter and a few RP.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I agree. I just remember hearing that they were gonna aim for a reliever but that was before the season started. I don't think you will see mich movement before the TDL, which has become the norm. If a SP is going to cost Martin I would pivot to a mid rotation starter and a few RP.

Yea I wouldnt trade Martin either but l guess it depends on where we are. If we are .500 team I probably wouldnt trade our top 100 prospects unless its a good deal

It was pretty much expected, wasn't it? I'm good with it. This FO has brought stability to the organization. Has proven to be above average in most aspects of being a GM but still has some learning and work to do. The rotation, while it doesn't need a major overhaul, is still a work in progress. If two of Pearson, SWR and Manoah can become staples in it, it would really help.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I turned the game off in the 3rd inning. It was painful watching him pitch. I'm guessing he'll get a few more starts (doubt they give up that 12 million without trying to get more innings out of him), but I don't expect him to turn it around. Not really sure he does anything for our bullpen. He'll have to get sent down and be off the 40 man at some point. The only question is really "when."

Maybe this is overreaction after a single start, but we watched this all last year. He's just not a good MLB pitcher.
    Agreed. I can see him get 3-4 more starts to see what he's got (or not got). Should give enough time to assess the team and him properly and by then we might have Ray/Pearson and or Hatch back. At this point Roark and Dolis are liabilities (though Dolis is a slow starter (got crushed earlier on last year too).

On the plus side, I don't think we have to rush to make trades. We do have several internal options that might be better than what we could get at a lower cost. We can permanently add Thronton/Zuech to the rotation. Ray/Pearson/Hatch when they return, or call up Kay (or after April) Monoah/SWR in place of Roark/Dolis. In terms of RP we can recall Payamps, Bergen, Tice and Luciano.

It's a long season and the quality of depth we have on the 40 or in the minors has me less worried if Roark/Dolis are unfit. We've seen in cutting Yama and Reese, that Atkins will cut bait sooner than later if he deems either to be a detriment to us.

It was pretty much expected, wasn't it? I'm good with it. This FO has brought stability to the organization. Has proven to be above average in most aspects of being a GM but still has some learning and work to do. The rotation, while it doesn't need a major overhaul, is still a work in progress. If two of Pearson, SWR and Manoah can become staples in it, it would really help.

I agree Kenny. Atkins has been fine since he started the actual rebuild. If they didnít try to trick the fans in 2017 I would probably have been a lot more supportive of his moves since the rebuild started.
    Would I prefer it if Canada was represented in the jay FO? Yes.
    Am I fine with Atkins leading the team for the next bit to see if his vision leads us to a championship? Also yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I agree Kenny. Atkins has been fine since he started the actual rebuild. If they didnít try to trick the fans in 2017 I would probably have been a lot more supportive of his moves since the rebuild started.
    Would I prefer it if Canada was represented in the jay FO? Yes.
    Am I fine with Atkins leading the team for the next bit to see if his vision leads us to a championship? Also yes.
    Its a real stretch to say they try to trick the fan base. Double speak, sure but essentially every person in his job position uses double speak bit how about we don't go down that rabbit hole again

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Blue Jays sign GM Ross Atkins to five-year contract extension

sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/blue-jays-sign-gm-ross-atkins-five-year-contract-extension/
    Big sigh of relief over here. Now nobody else can swipe the Great Creator away from the Jays. Took a garbage heap of a farm along with a roster full of players above 30 making 20 mil a year and turned it into what we see now. He's going to go down as one of, if not the greatest Jays GM in history.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Its a real stretch to say they try to trick the fan base. Double speak, sure but essentially every person in his job position uses double speak bit how about we don't go down that rabbit hole again

At least he didn't trade Tim Mayza.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

He definitely deserves to see this team through.

Too bad we couldnt get through Gibson today.

Springer has quad issues now.

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast