Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Nate Pearson thread

Since we're kinda depending on him to figure things out and be a staple in our rotation, we should dedicate a thread to him. Let's post any news, follow his progress and any discussion about Nate in this thread.

Toronto Blue Jays pitcher , who was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo on Tuesday, has a mild right shoulder impingement and will not be able able to make his next scheduled start for the Bisons.

Pearson reported the injury on Thursday. The pitcher was, however, able to long toss.

Scott Mitchell
    @ScottyMitchTSN
    #BlueJays update on Nate Pearson:
    He reported a mild right shoulder impingement yesterday. He was able to long toss but will not make his next scheduled start for Triple-A Buffalo

Pearson, who started this season on the injured list with a right adductor strain, has only made one start for the Blue Jays. In his lone start, he allowed three runs on four hits and five walks over 2 1/3 innings in a loss to the Houston Astros on Sunday.

The 24-year-old right-hander made his major league debut for the Blue Jays last July.
    https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-blue-jays...ment-1.1639823

The Lost Boys of PSD

Dont believe he had shoulder issues until thisnyear right?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Dont believe he had shoulder issues until thisnyear right?
    Shoulder is scarier than elbow too I think.

I believe he has screws in his elbows.

This is very very concerning

I drew concern over his durability two years ago but the majority on here who thought he was the next ace as usual dismissed my comments as I didn't know what I was talking about. I believe I called him a fragile flower, and the counter argument was that he didn't get hurt playing baseball so it didn't count. Injuries are injuries and they add up.

I think 1 of his injuries in the minors was a line drive to his arm so Id probably have treated that differently than say if he injured it as part of his pitching mechanics.

Imagine Warmoth becomes the saving grace of that draft.

I think 1 of his injuries in the minors was a line drive to his arm so Id probably have treated that differently than say if he injured it as part of his pitching mechanics.
    I was a runner. I slipped on ice and shattered my ankle. I haven't been able to run for two years now. Injuries are injuries. Anytime the body is damaged it never fully recovers. Doesn't matter how you got hurt, but it does matter that you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    I was a runner. I slipped on ice and shattered my ankle. I haven't been able to run for two years now. Injuries are injuries. Anytime the body is damaged it never fully recovers. Doesn't matter how you got hurt, but it does matter that you did.
    Yeah I broke my ankle when I was 14 playing football. Itís never been the same. If an ankle rolls - guaranteed itís will be my left.

Yea but those are same injury it sounds like. Pearson hasnt had shoulder issues before as far as I am aware. Like if someone had TJ surgey, im gonna worry about their elbow all the time but if they have a groin injury then thats different.

Though its possible his body as a whole is just not built for durability.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Imagine Warmoth becomes the saving grace of that draft.
    IIRC, Warmoth was supposed to be a safe pick since Pearson was the high risk guy.

Yea but those are same injury it sounds like. Pearson hasnt had shoulder issues before as far as I am aware. Like if someone had TJ surgey, im gonna worry about their elbow all the time but if they have a groin injury then thats different.

Though its possible his body as a whole is just not built for durability.
    Yeah we can look to a guy like tulo for an example that the injury doesnít have to always be the same for a player to be injury prone.

Maybe Pearson didn't have a good off season - in terms of preparing for the season. It happens but then you pay for it - higher risk of injury and non performance

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast