Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    When were guys warming up? I didnt see the game but it said he walked 4 straight. I wouldnt mind letting him face a few more batters but taking 4 walks until he was pulled out seems pretty late.
    After like the 3rd walk I think. Announcers on both feeds couldnít believe none was warming up before chatwood came out for the 7th after struggling in the 6th.

So announcers and fans questioned it before the inning so itís hard not to imagine Montoyo had some kind of agenda
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Ah didnt know he struggled the 6th too. In that case yea, I wpuld still maybe have him out the 7th but have someone be warming up just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    He needs to succeed as a starter first, struggle, then get sent to the pen. He hasn't proven he belongs in the majors, know what I mean.
    I get what you mean but he isn't going to magically develop his curveball and change up by never throwing them. It also doesn't help that his fastball loses some ticks when he starts either. He can't even fool AAA hitters as a starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    After like the 3rd walk I think. Announcers on both feeds couldnít believe none was warming up before chatwood came out for the 7th after struggling in the 6th.

So announcers and fans questioned it before the inning so itís hard not to imagine Montoyo had some kind of agenda
    You really think Charlie's petty like that? It's hard to see it given his public persona. If anything, I think Charlie's problem is he's too nice and is letting the players call the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Montoyo just needs to go. Him getting mad at Zwelling and then spewing a bunch of BS was just too much. He couldn't even own that he blew that ball game for his players. There's a difference between a guy just missing and walking the bases loaded on some long counts and what Chatwood was doing. Chatwood just had no idea where it was going, and it was obvious. The leash had to stop at the bases loaded....at worst. They were off the day before, and had only used 2 relievers in game 1. They also have another day off today, so they could have used anyone.

It sounds like 1 out of 2 was just fine for Montoyo, and there was no need to try for the sweep. That is a terrible message to send these kids.

To make it worse, he was on record the day before saying he hoped to use his starters 6 innings each game, had the opportunity to do just that, and then took both starters out before they could get there. Both of them likely could have thrown all 7 ffs. Why not let Matz pitch threw it instead of Chatwood?
    is there video of that?

Vlad's a triple away from the cycle.

Brendan Workman is a guy to keep an eye out for. He just opted out of his BoSox minor league deal. They have 2 days to promote him or cut him. Could provide some quality innings out of the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    You really think Charlie's petty like that? It's hard to see it given his public persona. If anything, I think Charlie's problem is he's too nice and is letting the players call the shots.
    I think Charlie is still too green with managing. Some of his bullpen and in game management has been bush league to atrocious that has cost us games. Unless he can learn from his mistakes and reads a game better, I think we need a new manager.

This franchise might be at a point that after this season where we need a veteran manager with some winning experience. My top 2 right now for this team next season would be Cash or Francona if they somehow become available.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Brendan Workman is a guy to keep an eye out for. He just opted out of his BoSox minor league deal. They have 2 days to promote him or cut him. Could provide some quality innings out of the pen.
    Would love to add him right now. He might be an improvement over Dolis and allows os to potentially put Chatwood on the DL for 10 days to let him fix what ails him.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    is there video of that?
    It was played the next morning on sportsnet, so I assume its out there somewhere. He was belligerent or anything, but you could def tell Montoyo was pissed. Dude goes on to say this road trip was "as good as it gets".......we won both series what more do you want? (...sure we should have won 5 of 6, but oh well, didn't need that one I guess) We just played lots of good games but all we are talking about is 1 bad inning..... (Yes Charlie, normally when managers to brain dead moronic things, that is the first thing reporters make them explain after the game...lmao )

Love watching Manoah pitch...

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Love watching Manoah pitch...
    Poise. He attacks the strike zone. Here reminds me a bit of Lance Lynn.

Like that Walker didn't even need to visit him - he knows

Too bad for Manoah. I just started watching, but it seems like he's given up some dingers and has been kind of wild.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Too bad for Manoah. I just started watching, but it seems like he's given up some dingers and has been kind of wild.
    Alot of movement but can't control his pitches

Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast