Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Definitely a wasted opportunity. We absolutely need some help on the bullpen. How many games lost in the late innings in the last couple of weeks? May haunt jays down the road.

This is probably due to the tradeoff of our hitting heating up and our pitching cooling down.

If you told me Chatwood would be a 3 ERA pitcher, Id be happy but he had such a good April he needed a bad May to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    More arms, it's a problem throughout the league. The Rays gave up a pretty good ss to get help in the pen.
    Feyereisen. It's time we did something like this
    Just my two cents. They sold really low to make room for Wander. But are so desperate to not make it look that way that they havenít called him up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Just my two cents. They sold really low to make room for Wander. But are so desperate to not make it look that way that they havenít called him up yet.
    Maybe but the point still stands. They had a need and filled it - that team is loaded with good RP's

Maybe but the point still stands. They had a need and filled it - that team is loaded with good RP's
    Theyíre the class of baseball. Top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Definitely a wasted opportunity. We absolutely need some help on the bullpen. How many games lost in the late innings in the last couple of weeks? May haunt jays down the road.
    We have this one prospect who's abysmal as a starter and pretty damn good as a reliever but apparently using him as such is a silly thing to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We have this one prospect who's abysmal as a starter and pretty damn good as a reliever but apparently using him as such is a silly thing to do...
    He needs to succeed as a starter first, struggle, then get sent to the pen. He hasn't proven he belongs in the majors, know what I mean.

We need pitching help in general so not like it is wasted opportunity starting him.

He's had 1 career game in a relief appearance anyway so not like it's a guarantee he'd be a good pitcher in the 7th/8th/9th in close ballgames.

..kinda like what happened to Thornton

I wished Thornton started. I was really annoyed about that Diaz/Thornton trade but he's been pretty solid. I think he can still be a 5th starter but he's been good on the pen too so maybe best to keep him there. But at least we ran him a run as a starter forst before making that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I wished Thornton started. I was really annoyed about that Diaz/Thornton trade but he's been pretty solid. I think he can still be a 5th starter but he's been good on the pen too so maybe best to keep him there. But at least we ran him a run as a starter forst before making that decision.
    He throws way too pitches to be an effective starter. As a 5th, maybe.

He throws way too pitches to be an effective starter. As a 5th, maybe.
    When we were running a BP day I wanted him to pirch. If he produces like he did in 2019 I wpuld be fine with him at the backend. Would still need to find a way to upgrade the rotation thougj.

Montoyo just needs to go. Him getting mad at Zwelling and then spewing a bunch of BS was just too much. He couldn't even own that he blew that ball game for his players. There's a difference between a guy just missing and walking the bases loaded on some long counts and what Chatwood was doing. Chatwood just had no idea where it was going, and it was obvious. The leash had to stop at the bases loaded....at worst. They were off the day before, and had only used 2 relievers in game 1. They also have another day off today, so they could have used anyone.

It sounds like 1 out of 2 was just fine for Montoyo, and there was no need to try for the sweep. That is a terrible message to send these kids.

To make it worse, he was on record the day before saying he hoped to use his starters 6 innings each game, had the opportunity to do just that, and then took both starters out before they could get there. Both of them likely could have thrown all 7 ffs. Why not let Matz pitch threw it instead of Chatwood?

Indefensible IMO. Having no one warming up seemed like a definite FU to chatwood

When were guys warming up? I didnt see the game but it said he walked 4 straight. I wouldnt mind letting him face a few more batters but taking 4 walks until he was pulled out seems pretty late.

Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast