Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Dolis scares me.

Bad throw by Biggio. That should have been routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Good point. Though I was kinda pricing in that biggio is back as a 360 OBP guy so I want him on base.
    I get that but if it means moving Vlady down to 4th then I think I would rather Biggio maybe in the 5 hole. The problem is this team has too many 1,2,3 hitters and not enough sluggers. I don't want to disrupt either Bo or Vlady at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Id be leading Bo off right now.

At what sample size do we start talking about Vlad 🤤
    Just wait when they get him some protection. Nelson Cruz would have looked really good hitting behind Vlady, I think Semien can be something similar.

I don't think I've ever seen a pinch hitter for the clean-up hitter lol Kirk for Tellez

Nice insurance runs by Kirk and Girch there.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I get that but if it means moving Vlady down to 4th then I think I would rather Biggio maybe in the 5 hole. The problem is this team has too many 1,2,3 hitters and not enough sluggers. I don't want to disrupt either Bo or Vlady at this point.
    Yea thats fair. Biggio is still in a bit of a slump anyway.

Nice win.

I remember when we had JPA and he would hit around .200 and I thought how terrible that was. Never thought wed have a catcher that hit worse. And Im a big fan of Jansen, but batting around .100 is unacceptable. Hes gotta figure it out or they gotta just give it to Kirk.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Hate losing a series to the Royals. I also hate giving up game-winning homers to their catcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I remember when we had JPA and he would hit around .200 and I thought how terrible that was. Never thought wed have a catcher that hit worse. And Im a big fan of Jansen, but batting around .100 is unacceptable. Hes gotta figure it out or they gotta just give it to Kirk.
    Jansen be good defensive backup but not the bat for everyday catcher.

Yea thats fair. Biggio is still in a bit of a slump anyway.
    Biggio good bench player but playing everyday can see his holes.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    He has nearly 600 MLB at bats and we haven't seen any improvement in his hitting. zero. Given what he brings with his catching skills I'm ok with him being the starter for now and bat him 9th. Kirk will get his AB's anyway in pinch hitting situations.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Just wait when they get him some protection. Nelson Cruz would have looked really good hitting behind Vlady, I think Semien can be something similar.

I don't think I've ever seen a pinch hitter for the clean-up hitter lol Kirk for Tellez
    Two guys have an OPS over .650 right now. The rest of lineup is ugly. How quickly our strength has become our weakness. Batting Grich 4th on a team that wants to contend is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Two guys have an OPS over .650 right now. The rest of lineup is ugly. How quickly our strength has become our weakness. Batting Grich 4th on a team that wants to contend is not acceptable.
    Curse of the BJs. When our pitching is expected to do well, our hitting breaks out and the pitching struggles. When our hitting is expected to be good, it struggles and we have a bunch of pitching breakouts.
    We have only had both doing well at the same time once in the last 20 years it feels like, and that was because we added a ton of pitchers at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Biggio good bench player but playing everyday can see his holes.
    Not sure about bench player. Hes been a top 10 2B the past 2 years.

Not sure about bench player. Hes been a top 10 2B the past 2 years.
    Yea.

I think some will be surprised, as bad as he's been with the bat overall he's still a major league starting catcher - because of his catching ability and his age. There aren't that many good catchers in the league

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast