Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 119 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1936
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I thought Matz started today or are you referring to a future game?
    First Merryweather, then Hatch.

Fun stat:

Players that have had a 40 homer season by age 22. Mel Ott, Joe DiMaggio, Eddie Mathews (twice) Johnny Bench, Juan Gonzalez, Alex Rodriguez, Bryce Harper, Ronald Acuna Jr, Fernando Tatis Jr, Vlad Guerrero Jr.

Thatís basically a HOF list for all the retired players.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    First Merryweather, then Hatch.
    Ah ok.

Fun stat:

Players that have had a 40 homer season by age 22. Mel Ott, Joe DiMaggio, Eddie Mathews (twice) Johnny Bench, Juan Gonzalez, Alex Rodriguez, Bryce Harper, Ronald Acuna Jr, Fernando Tatis Jr, Vlad Guerrero Jr.

Thatís basically a HOF list for all the retired players.
    Baseball gonna be really exicitng in a few years when Acuna/Vlad/Tatis reach their primes.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    It would be an absolute tragedy if this team doesnít make the playoffs after they played so well for 3 weeks to get into the position. Especially losing games to the Twins.

Jays were 4 up on the Mariners and 1.5 up on the Yankees on Monday morning. Now weíre tied with Seattle and 2 back of the Yankees. Terrible week

Bo had a disgraceful game at the plate. Kirk has been freezing cold. George still canít hit either.
    its more like the Yankees handed the Jays an opportunity, they were 4 games up on the blue Jays, in the middle of september. and then lost 7 in a row. Which put the Jays in the drivers seat. all this week has done is hand the hammer back to the yankees.

the Yankees final 10 games were 4 against Boston on the road, 3 against the Jays in the road,
    and 3 at home against the Devil Rays. thats a killer schedule so if the Blue Jays fail to make the playoffs its 1000 percent on the Jays..... I dont see how anyone can say otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Baseball gonna be really exicitng in a few years when Acuna/Vlad/Tatis reach their primes.
    Oh god I hope so. Jimminez too. Wanna cash in those rookie cards!

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    its more like the Yankees handed the Jays an opportunity, they were 4 games up on the blue Jays, in the middle of september. and then lost 7 in a row. Which put the Jays in the drivers seat. all this week has done is hand the hammer back to the yankees.

the Yankees final 10 games were 4 against Boston on the road, 3 against the Jays in the road,
    and 3 at home against the Devil Rays. thats a killer schedule so if the Blue Jays fail to make the playoffs its 1000 percent on the Jays..... I dont see how anyone can say otherwise
    Obviously they jays needed to go on a run and they did, but it definitely needs to be said that without that stretch from the Yankees we are still not in it.

The major shame would be if we miss the WC, and then come back next season with a weaker team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Obviously they jays needed to go on a run and they did, but it definitely needs to be said that without that stretch from the Yankees we are still not in it.

The major shame would be if we miss the WC, and then come back next season with a weaker team.
    It all goes both ways. Yankes wouldn't have built such a lead if the Jays didn't have their rough patches too.

So win today and we're only down 1 game no matter what. Gotta take your fate into your own hands. I'm routing for the Sox. That way, if we win today, and win 2/3 against the Yanks, we'll go into the series with Baltimore tied for the spot.

It'll come down to whoever wins the series between us and the Yankees. Whoever wins that series probably will make the playoffs.

Springer heating up at the right time.

So win today and we're only down 1 game no matter what. Gotta take your fate into your own hands. I'm routing for the Sox. That way, if we win today, and win 2/3 against the Yanks, we'll go into the series with Baltimore tied for the spot.
    exactly, they have to earn it, and you know what thats exactly how it should be.

when you have the advantage going into the final 10 days of the season you should win your way in....not back your way in because your competition handed you a spot through incompetence

my first season as a fan was as an 10 year old and the Mets went 38-11 a .756 winning percentage to finish the final 6 weeks. I realize thats not typical but I dont think a .600 is too much to ask for over the stretch run. especially with the Orioles and Twins (a combined 119-193) .381 making up the crux of the schedule.

Crazy they are well over 600 in the final 4 weeks I think and still might not make it

Blue Jays up against the Yankees...series is basically a must win for y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Blue Jays up against the Yankees...series is basically a must win for y'all
    We'll see, Boston having flashbacks of a complete meltdown just a few years ago.