Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1345
    Well they are like 2 games out of the WC (though 6 games out of AL East) so not like it's a bust or anything. I expect them to be buyers this deadline, though I hope we dont trade a long term piece. This is a bridge year for me so rather they gamble in 2022, where payroll should increase 20% or so as per typical budget increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Well they are like 2 games out of the WC (though 6 games out of AL East) so not like it's a bust or anything. I expect them to be buyers this deadline, though I hope we dont trade a long term piece. This is a bridge year for me so rather they gamble in 2022, where payroll should increase 20% or so as per typical budget increases.
    They definitely should only make deals that are to the long term benefit to the franchise. Fodder for rentals and no long term pieces. Since I don't think Semien will be a Jay next year, I would still deal him at the TDL regardless of their standing. Now if they could lock him up then that is an entirely different conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    They definitely should only make deals that are to the long term benefit to the franchise. Fodder for rentals and no long term pieces. Since I don't think Semien will be a Jay next year, I would still deal him at the TDL regardless of their standing. Now if they could lock him up then that is an entirely different conversation.
    I think you are completely wrong. They signed Semien to be part of a contending roster, I think there's zero chance they trade him. As for trades, they need a couple bull pen arms and a high end starter. That'll take some prospect capital, but I think their strategy all along was to add pitching at the deadline.

Right now they're #1 or #2 in most offensive categories and we haven't seen Springer yet, (unless you count 4 games). They've had one of the toughest schedules in the AL. This is a team that has the potential to go on a run.

I'm on the fence with Semien. Since he was not given a qualifying offer last year, I believe we still can and either can keep him an extra year or get a top pick for him.

It also depends on what packages teams would offer for him and where we are in the standings. If by end of July we are in first in the AL East, I can't see us dealing him unless its for a huge prospect haul or a young stud SP and I'm not sure hoe many contenders outside of the Padres or Dodgers have much to offer.

I dont yhink Silemien should be resigned next year given we should use his money on SP instead and we have a ton of high prospect IF already. But dont think he will be traded unless we go decline. Depends where we are.

It would be proactive to sell high on Semien if he isn't part of the long term plan. I guess you could just move Biggio to 2nd then and then Panik or Espinal at 3rd to finish the season. Be great to expect him to continue being the most productive 2nd baseman in the league going forward, but he'll be 31 at the end of the season and I'd imagine Ross and Shap will want to have Biggio and Groshans play between 3rd and 2nd and then Orelvis Martinez in the pipieline to throw into long term consideration too.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    It would be proactive to sell high on Semien if he isn't part of the long term plan. I guess you could just move Biggio to 2nd then and then Panik or Espinal at 3rd to finish the season. Be great to expect him to continue being the most productive 2nd baseman in the league going forward, but he'll be 31 at the end of the season and I'd imagine Ross and Shap will want to have Biggio and Groshans play between 3rd and 2nd and then Orelvis Martinez in the pipieline to throw into long term consideration too.
    That would be horribly deflating to the team and fans to sell when still in it
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    I think you are completely wrong. They signed Semien to be part of a contending roster, I think there's zero chance they trade him. As for trades, they need a couple bull pen arms and a high end starter. That'll take some prospect capital, but I think their strategy all along was to add pitching at the deadline.

Right now they're #1 or #2 in most offensive categories and we haven't seen Springer yet, (unless you count 4 games). They've had one of the toughest schedules in the AL. This is a team that has the potential to go on a run.
    They are inconsistent and arguably the third best overall team in the AL. But at the end of the season the Jays are probably in 4th in the division. The Yankees slump will end, Boston will fall to third and Tampa will win the division. The blow out a team one day and they get blown out the next day. That does not get you into the playoffs. That gives you a record close to 500. Springer being back scores them more runs but they are still going to get blown out every second day due to pitching. It would be ridiculous to throw away long term pieces at this point for short term gain in pitching. Even if they do squeak into the playoffs they are done before the ALCS. They still need more pieces for the future and trading Semien can do that for them. Long term gain is a much better strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    That would be horribly deflating to the team and fans to sell when still in it
    Oh I know. Im just saying it would be proactive to sell high on him if hes not going to be here long term. Not saying I would do it just playing devils advocate.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Feels like Ray is leading the MLB in HRs

Another late inning loss 😕

Couldnt watch but looks like a rough game. Looks like Edwards doesnt have it anymore based on his outings.

Hell of a performance by Ray though.

Romano should have followed Dolis, now we know what Edwards is.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Hell of a performance by Ray though.
    He was certainly impressive. He has been really good. Too bad we keep blowing his games.

Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast