Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 1372
  1. #646
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,969
    Ryu's contract so far looks good, knock on wood. I really wish they'd have found a robin to his batman in the offseason. I'm thinking we'll be really active at the TDL.

  2. #647
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    I have less faith in Semien's bat at this point, than I do with Teo hitting cleanup. He has the power to protect Vladdy in the order and can take a BB better than Semien at this point. When Springer is back I'd go with Springer, Bo, Vladdy, Teo, Grich/Semien as my 1-6 with Grich/Semien being interchangeable based on how they are hitting.

    Also right now, I'd give Semien a QO, I'd probably also move him to SS with Bo at 2B.
    I mean I dont have faith in either one but theyre both moving the needle for me as the sample size gets bigger.

  3. #648
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,705
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Charlie said that Teoscar is the cleanup hitter. Only way he moves out is underperformance.
    Thats fine I suppose. I just dont want a situation where guys underpeform and we still give them spots like Shaw last year.

  4. #649
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,705
    Didnt realize there was a game thisbafternoon. Surprised Stripling struck out 9 but Braves offense is just bad.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 05-13-2021 at 04:09 PM.

  5. #650
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I mean I dont have faith in either one but theyre both moving the needle for me as the sample size gets bigger.
    Teo heard you, and went 2-4 with a BB, RBI and 2 Rs scored.

  6. #651
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    191
    What a great finish to the road trip. 6 - 4 on the road against three very good teams. Sweeping the braves in 6 games is impressive. The offence looked dialed in and the boys ability to keep coming back to win bodes well for them. the top 6 were very good all series, and Biggio today was 2/3 with two walks and 2 big RBI's. Gurriel's sac fly was a good example of situational hitting as well. Strips exceeded my expectations with 5 ip, 2 er's, and 9 K's.

    Boy, we really need to give Atkins props for the bull pen he built. Even without Yates, Dollis, Merryweather, Phelps, and Castro, Romano, Chatwood, Borucki, Mayza, Payamps, and Bergen have performed very well. AJ Cole on the taxi squad was a nice luxury. Most other teams would be in trouble with that number of injuries. Looking at Atlanta's bull pen, they're a hot mess right now.

    Even Tug's been good the first three games, .375/.875 nice start for him.

    Crazy that we've now played 25 road games and only 11 home games.

    This team is definitely fun to watch.

  7. #652
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,345
    Biggio turning things around. 2-3, 2BB and 2 RBI.

    Strip looked good today too. Nice sweep.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  8. #653
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Teo heard you, and went 2-4 with a BB, RBI and 2 Rs scored.
    As long as he keeps up over a full year thats fine by me.

    I had him around 250/310/485ish so probably not my ideal cleanup hitter but if he does better then im fine with it.

  9. #654
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    191
    Right now we're 4th in runs scored and 4th in runs allowed. Our run diff of +34 is 3rd behind the White Sox +66, and Astros +44.

  10. #655
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    I have less faith in Semien's bat at this point, than I do with Teo hitting cleanup. He has the power to protect Vladdy in the order and can take a BB better than Semien at this point. When Springer is back I'd go with Springer, Bo, Vladdy, Teo, Grich/Semien as my 1-6 with Grich/Semien being interchangeable based on how they are hitting.

    Also right now, I'd give Semien a QO, I'd probably also move him to SS with Bo at 2B.
    Semienís bat is very similar to Boís this year.

  11. #656
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,851
    I donít know about you guys, but Iím so excited about whatís going on right now. 4 games over after sweeping the Braves. Lots of games against the Oís coming. 10 game home stand starting tomorrow. They are looking very good. Hopefully they can get some pitching help. I just donít want them to trade one of the big 3 specs to get it done (Manoah, SWR, Martin)

  12. #657
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,789
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I donít know about you guys, but Iím so excited about whatís going on right now. 4 games over after sweeping the Braves. Lots of games against the Oís coming. 10 game home stand starting tomorrow. They are looking very good. Hopefully they can get some pitching help. I just donít want them to trade one of the big 3 specs to get it done (Manoah, SWR, Martin)
    I agree thereís a lot to look forward to. My favourite development of the season is still Vlad. Having a premier bat in the middle of the lineup Changes the complexion of the team more than any other possible addition imo.

    Without him weíre floundering and blaming injuries. With him we have every reason to feel optimistic about where this can go.

  13. #658
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Right now we're 4th in runs scored and 4th in runs allowed. Our run diff of +34 is 3rd behind the White Sox +66, and Astros +44.
    I prefer deferential over even w-l. Especially with how long baseball seasons are... I really think itís a good gauge of a teams quality. Just have to keep scoring. So much easier to add a torp than it is to fill holes in the lineup at the deadline.

  14. #659
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Right now we're 4th in runs scored and 4th in runs allowed. Our run diff of +34 is 3rd behind the White Sox +66, and Astros +44.
    Shhhhh... Some don't believe in run differential as a metric for how good a team might be here.

  15. #660
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,184
    6-0 vs the Braves on the season. Kinda wish we were in the same division.

Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •