Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Ryu's contract so far looks good, knock on wood. I really wish they'd have found a robin to his batman in the offseason. I'm thinking we'll be really active at the TDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    I have less faith in Semien's bat at this point, than I do with Teo hitting cleanup. He has the power to protect Vladdy in the order and can take a BB better than Semien at this point. When Springer is back I'd go with Springer, Bo, Vladdy, Teo, Grich/Semien as my 1-6 with Grich/Semien being interchangeable based on how they are hitting.

Also right now, I'd give Semien a QO, I'd probably also move him to SS with Bo at 2B.
    I mean I dont have faith in either one but theyre both moving the needle for me as the sample size gets bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Charlie said that Teoscar is the cleanup hitter. Only way he moves out is underperformance.
    Thats fine I suppose. I just dont want a situation where guys underpeform and we still give them spots like Shaw last year.

Didnt realize there was a game thisbafternoon. Surprised Stripling struck out 9 but Braves offense is just bad.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 05-13-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I mean I dont have faith in either one but theyre both moving the needle for me as the sample size gets bigger.
    Teo heard you, and went 2-4 with a BB, RBI and 2 Rs scored.

What a great finish to the road trip. 6 - 4 on the road against three very good teams. Sweeping the braves in 6 games is impressive. The offence looked dialed in and the boys ability to keep coming back to win bodes well for them. the top 6 were very good all series, and Biggio today was 2/3 with two walks and 2 big RBI's. Gurriel's sac fly was a good example of situational hitting as well. Strips exceeded my expectations with 5 ip, 2 er's, and 9 K's.

Boy, we really need to give Atkins props for the bull pen he built. Even without Yates, Dollis, Merryweather, Phelps, and Castro, Romano, Chatwood, Borucki, Mayza, Payamps, and Bergen have performed very well. AJ Cole on the taxi squad was a nice luxury. Most other teams would be in trouble with that number of injuries. Looking at Atlanta's bull pen, they're a hot mess right now.

Even Tug's been good the first three games, .375/.875 nice start for him.

Crazy that we've now played 25 road games and only 11 home games.

This team is definitely fun to watch.

Biggio turning things around. 2-3, 2BB and 2 RBI.

Strip looked good today too. Nice sweep.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Teo heard you, and went 2-4 with a BB, RBI and 2 Rs scored.
    As long as he keeps up over a full year thats fine by me.

I had him around 250/310/485ish so probably not my ideal cleanup hitter but if he does better then im fine with it.

Right now we're 4th in runs scored and 4th in runs allowed. Our run diff of +34 is 3rd behind the White Sox +66, and Astros +44.

I have less faith in Semien's bat at this point, than I do with Teo hitting cleanup. He has the power to protect Vladdy in the order and can take a BB better than Semien at this point. When Springer is back I'd go with Springer, Bo, Vladdy, Teo, Grich/Semien as my 1-6 with Grich/Semien being interchangeable based on how they are hitting.

Also right now, I'd give Semien a QO, I'd probably also move him to SS with Bo at 2B.
    Semienís bat is very similar to Boís this year.

I donít know about you guys, but Iím so excited about whatís going on right now. 4 games over after sweeping the Braves. Lots of games against the Oís coming. 10 game home stand starting tomorrow. They are looking very good. Hopefully they can get some pitching help. I just donít want them to trade one of the big 3 specs to get it done (Manoah, SWR, Martin)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I donít know about you guys, but Iím so excited about whatís going on right now. 4 games over after sweeping the Braves. Lots of games against the Oís coming. 10 game home stand starting tomorrow. They are looking very good. Hopefully they can get some pitching help. I just donít want them to trade one of the big 3 specs to get it done (Manoah, SWR, Martin)
    I agree thereís a lot to look forward to. My favourite development of the season is still Vlad. Having a premier bat in the middle of the lineup Changes the complexion of the team more than any other possible addition imo.

Without him weíre floundering and blaming injuries. With him we have every reason to feel optimistic about where this can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Right now we're 4th in runs scored and 4th in runs allowed. Our run diff of +34 is 3rd behind the White Sox +66, and Astros +44.
    I prefer deferential over even w-l. Especially with how long baseball seasons are... I really think itís a good gauge of a teams quality. Just have to keep scoring. So much easier to add a torp than it is to fill holes in the lineup at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Shhhhh... Some don't believe in run differential as a metric for how good a team might be here.

6-0 vs the Braves on the season. Kinda wish we were in the same division.

Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast