Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Lol just saw Freeman and Ozuna went from hitting 341 and 338 last year to 213 and 204 this year. Thats rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Roy also didn't get rushed up from injury to pitch one game either cause the pen was mismanaged and gassed. Maybe he's getting the Chris Carpenter treatment instead...
    I wasn’t knocking Pearson for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Nice insurance run there.

Not a buyer on Teo but if they insist on purting him 4th then he has to produce like tonight.
    Not sure what your problem with Teo is, he's a 2020 silver slugger, has ops'd over .900 since the 2019 all-star break, through the 2020 season, missed 16 games with covid, and is hitting .293 with an .844 ops. Tell me why he shouldn't be hitting clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Not sure what your problem with Teo is, he's a 2020 silver slugger, has ops'd over .900 since the 2019 all-star break, through the 2020 season, missed 16 games with covid, and is hitting .293 with an .844 ops. Tell me why he shouldn't be hitting clean up.
    I prefer a season's worth of production for me to buy into him. Its convenient to say to count his stats after 2019 ASG but it doesnt reflect his history of inconsistency.

In 2018, his OPS was 818 in the 1st half and 688 in the 2nd half. In 2019, it was 636 in the 1st half and 939 in the 2nd half. You want to break that down by month and it can be all over the place.

Is he moving the needle? Sure, but still has 4.5 months left to go for me. i dont mind hitting him cleanup for now, but I was oredicting a decline from last year.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 05-13-2021 at 12:13 AM.

I prefer a season's worth of production for me to buy into him. Its convenient to say to count his stats after 2019 ASG but it doesnt reflect his history of inconsistency.

In 2018, his OPS was 818 in the 1st half and 688 in the 2nd half. In 2019, it was 636 in the 1st half and 939 in the 2nd half. You want to break that down by month and it can be all over the place.

Is he moving the needle? Sure, but still has 4.5 months left to go for me. i dont mind hitting him cleanup for now, but I was oredicting a decline from last year.
    I don't know if you're serious or just a troll. His last half of 2019 was over .900, he's a 2020 silver slugger and you think he's not a clean up worthy hitter. He's .293, .844 OPS, struggled at the start, got covid and has come back strong. You set a pretty high bar fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    I don't know if you're serious or just a troll. His last half of 2019 was over .900, he's a 2020 silver slugger and you think he's not a clean up worthy hitter. He's .293, .844 OPS, struggled at the start, got covid and has come back strong. You set a pretty high bar fella.
    Not sure how that's trolling. I just said he's putting up good stats now and Im willing to keep him there for now but I think he will fade off given his inconsistency in prior years. I mean I said a few pages back I dont believe in Girch either but will bat him higher in the order than I prefer given he was producing at the time.

Not sure how that's trolling. I just said he's putting up good stats now and Im willing to keep him there for nls but I think he will fade off given his inconsistency in prior years.
    I don't know one way or the other but I can't say for sure he will fade. What proof do u have of that? I mean he might but that doesn't mean it can be predicted

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I don't know one way or the other but I can't say for sure he will fade. What proof do u have of that? I mean he might but that doesn't mean it can be predicted
    Well Im not guaranteeing anything lol. If they bat him 4th, as I mentioned its fine for now but I wont be convinced until at least a year of good production.

Think this is a situation of making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Its not like Im calling Charlie dumb for not agreeing with what I think. Im sure we all have opinions about players on this team that dont always work out. I also thought Biggio should be leadoff and that doesnt look like its working out.

Well Im not guaranteeing anything lol. If they bat him there, as I mentioned its fine for now but I wont be convinced until at least a year of good production.

Its not like Im calling Charlie dumb for not agreeing with what I think. Im sure we all have opinions about players on this team that dont always work out. I also thought Biggio should be leadoff and that doesnt look like its working out.
    I'm not convinced as well but it's one thing to perform hitting 8th, a whole other thing doing it batting 4th. I'm starting to believe

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I'm not convinced as well but it's one thing to perform hitting 8th, a whole other thing doing it batting 4th. I'm starting to believe
    I wouldve had him 5th in my ideal lineup so its not exactly a big drop here. I said hes moving the needle but need a full season given hes streaky.

I wouldve had him 5th in my ideal lineup so its not exactly a big drop here. I said hes moving the needle but need a full season given hes streaky.
    well Nelson Cruz isn't available. lol

When Springer comes back, someone like Simien could be hitting cleanup for all we know (Springer/Bo/Vlad/Simien) and Im not even a buyer on Simien either. These things usually are fluid by the week anyway. Jannsens OPS in May is higher than Bo's at the moment lol. Cpuld be moved up over guys like Panik or Davis in the batting order based on somethin like that.

When Springer comes back, someone like Simien could be hitting cleanup for all we know (Springer/Bo/Vlad/Simien) and Im not even a buyer on Simien either. These things usually are fluid by the week anyway. Jannsens OPS in May is higher than Bo's at the moment lol. Cpuld be moved up over guys like Panik or Davis in the batting order based on somethin like that.
    Charlie said that Teoscar is the cleanup hitter. Only way he moves out is underperformance.

Since coming back from covid Hernandez is hitting .348. He is on fire!! He has hit safely now in 10 of 12 games with 5 multi hit games, 4 HR's (after last night) and 15 RBI's. He is definitely right where he should be behind Vladdy.

I wouldn't say "he needs to perform like last night" though, I would say "he needs to keep doing what he has been doing the past year and a half" ...as others have pointed out. Last year he slashed .289/.340/.579 with 16 HR's and 34 RBI's in 50 games to win that SS award. The last 63 games of 2019 he slashed .259/.346/.592 with 18 HR's and 38 RBI's. So over the past 130 consecutive games or so he hasn't been streaky or faded off. He has been the most consistently great hitter they have had for the past 18 months or so. Those 8 games in April is the only "month" (...if you actually count that...) he has put up an OPS under .850. With the start he is off to in May (.341/.413/.585) I don't think that streak is ending this month either. I know it is hard, but it is time for people to fully believe in Hernandez.

I am not as sold on Grichuk as I once was, but he has been a pretty darn good run producer so far this season. His 28 RBI's in 35 games is ridiculous. Especially on a team that couldn't hit their playing weight the first month of the season. Taking a closer look, that number is even better too in games where he bats 5th behind Teo. In 14 games in the 5 hole Grichuk has 4 HR's and 15 RBI's. With RISP this year, he has slashed a whopping .441/.487/.824!!!!!!!!

When Springer returns the top 6 of this lineup is as good as anyone in baseball. They just need to start getting something out of Gurriel, Biggio and Jansen. Gurriel, Biggio and Jansen are all hitting so bad I would send them down to the minors to try and get them going. Let Espinal, Davis and McGuire/Adams play for a week or two and see if you can get those bats going in AAA. Gurriel and Jansen play good defense, but not good enough to have automatic outs in your lineup. That's like 6-9 outs you are throwing away every game.

I have less faith in Semien's bat at this point, than I do with Teo hitting cleanup. He has the power to protect Vladdy in the order and can take a BB better than Semien at this point. When Springer is back I'd go with Springer, Bo, Vladdy, Teo, Grich/Semien as my 1-6 with Grich/Semien being interchangeable based on how they are hitting.

Also right now, I'd give Semien a QO, I'd probably also move him to SS with Bo at 2B.

Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast