Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jays acquire Berrios; SWR and Martin to the Twins

Discuss.

Team control for another year with Berrios.

Tough to part with two high prospects.

Thoughts?

The Lost Boys of PSD

My initial thoughts are I'm not a fan of giving up Martin, and they sold low on SWR

I’m not a fan of this trade in anyway. Not the timing, not the price, not the control.

Who needs a BP when you have a Berrios? Is the plan to pay him huge money while the kids start getting paid big bucks? Did they really think berrios is going to catapult us past all these other teams that have also added?

Shesh…

we aren't the only ones that think this is too much

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...374053384?s=20

I want to know if it was between SWR and Pearson, because I would have been happier if we moved Pearson.

They need to get Kimbrel now. No half-measures.

So much for that 5th overall pick being so great.

Love the player coming back. Hate the price. Feels more like an all in move.

Losing Martin hurts. But I am a huge fan of Berrios ( Since 2018, only 10 starters have recorded 500+ IP with a FIP at least 10% better than league average and a WHIP below 1.20. Berrios one of them). Given the depth in the farm, I think we can stomach this over pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    So much for that 5th overall pick being so great.
    So much for a proper rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Love the player coming back. Hate the price. Feels more like an all in move.
    At a non-all-in time.

Umm, they have already added 3 bullpen arms in Cimber, Richards and Hand. One of which is a closer. They have definitely addressed the bullpen. They also got Borucki and Hatch back with Pearson on the way (eventually). The real question to me is ...just how good is Jose Berrios? Is he even our new #2 starter? Is he our new #3 behind Ray and Ryu? Is he our new 4th best SP behind Ray, Ryu and Manoah (..once Manoah's healthy again)?

One thing is for sure, you can't say this front office won't trade top prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Umm, they have already added 3 bullpen arms in Cimber, Richards and Hand. One of which is a closer. They have definitely addressed the bullpen. They also got Borucki and Hatch back with Pearson on the way (eventually). The real question to me is ...just how good is Jose Berrios? Is he even our new #2 starter? Is he our new #3 behind Ray and Ryu? Is he our new 4th best SP behind Ray, Ryu and Manoah (..once Manoah's healthy again)?

One thing is for sure, you can't say this front office won't trade top prospects.
    They won’t trade them while they have value lol.

So wait… you think we have a WS BP rn?

Berrios is an amazing pitcher. You will enjoy watching him operate. I don’t hate the player, I hate the game.

you can't forget Berrios will be here next year too. I wouldn't call it an "all-in" move since he isn't a rental. They also haven't added much money at all between Hand and Berrios......they may not be done.

Hand isn't a closer, IMO. Kimbrel is about as lockdown as you get. At this point we should be gunning to take the WS, not just make the playoffs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast