Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Should be able able to win tomorrow and win the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    More like the Roy Halladay treatment. He needs to go there clear his head, shake the rust off and just pitch without consequence of needing a W.

Great game vs the Braves, Vladdy was on fire.
    I hope so, but Roy didn't yo-yo up and down.

Roy also didn't get rushed up from injury to pitch one game either cause the pen was mismanaged and gassed. Maybe he's getting the Chris Carpenter treatment instead...

Pearson may not be ready, but Manoah and SWR are looking more and more ready (and impressive) seemingly every time they take the mound.

Its good to see Vlad have another big game, to see Teoscar hit the ground running after his time missed and to see Semien (who is slashing 400/.442/.725 in May) start looking like the all-star we hoped he could be. If Bo would start hitting away from home this lineup is going to be dangerous once Springer finally arrives at 100%.

They can afford to take their time with Springer. Mid season they could essentially add Springer and the trio of Manoah, SWR and Pearson without making a single trade. (...which is probably best as their minor league system is pretty thin now. Especially in Dunedin and Vancouver.) Boston has played a steady diet against Baltimore (10 of their first 37 games). They haven't played the Yankees yet, they have only played 3 against TB, and they have only played the Jays twice. Their schedule gets a whole lot tougher in June. I think this division is going to be a very tight 4 team race all season. The depth of the AL East is going to make it hard just to get a wild card spot with only 2 of them this year, but this is going to be a fun summer to watch this team.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Pearson may not be ready, but Manoah and SWR are looking more and more ready (and impressive) seemingly every time they take the mound.

Its good to see Vlad have another big game, to see Teoscar hit the ground running after his time missed and to see Semien (who is slashing 400/.442/.725 in May) start looking like the all-star we hoped he could be. If Bo would start hitting away from home this lineup is going to be dangerous once Springer finally arrives at 100%.

They can afford to take their time with Springer. Mid season they could essentially add Springer and the trio of Manoah, SWR and Pearson without making a single trade. (...which is probably best as their minor league system is pretty thin now. Especially in Dunedin and Vancouver.) Boston has played a steady diet against Baltimore (10 of their first 37 games). They haven't played the Yankees yet, they have only played 3 against TB, and they have only played the Jays twice. Their schedule gets a whole lot tougher in June. I think this division is going to be a very tight 4 team race all season. The depth of the AL East is going to make it hard just to get a wild card spot with only 2 of them this year, but this is going to be a fun summer to watch this team.
    The more I see Monoah and SWR pitch, the more I want them to stay in MILB longer. Pearson should serve as a cautionary tale of what happens when we rush a pitcher who hasn't pitched enough innings in the MILB before bringing them up tot he MLB. With few innings pitched, he started becoming injury prone and last game had nothing in the area of control. I'd bring them up next season as my preference or maybe a Sept call up if we are in contention as the earliest.

Ya let's not jump the gun on SWR or Manoah. Absolutely no need for them to be called up this year unless in September.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Ya let's not jump the gun on SWR or Manoah. Absolutely no need for them to be called up this year unless in September.
    SWR I agree. Manoah though, everything about him screams that he is ready, plus he makes the team better instantly. People are jumping on my hype train. Join in man, this kid is gonna be a good one. The crazy thing is he hasn't been a starter that long, so still loads of potential there too. He's pitching tonight, let's see how that one goes. It's against Rochester.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 05-12-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    The more I see Monoah and SWR pitch, the more I want them to stay in MILB longer. Pearson should serve as a cautionary tale of what happens when we rush a pitcher who hasn't pitched enough innings in the MILB before bringing them up tot he MLB. With few innings pitched, he started becoming injury prone and last game had nothing in the area of control. I'd bring them up next season as my preference or maybe a Sept call up if we are in contention as the earliest.
    Everyone's development is different though. There's pitchers that come up and do well right off the jump. As Reed points out and I agree with him, Pearson's problem is that he's a thrower and he is way too concerned with velocity. And his secondary stuff is still meh. I would also add that people forget Manoah was a 3 season NCAA pitcher and in his final season pitched over 100 innings.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 05-12-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    SWR I agree. Manoah though, everything about him screams that he is ready, plus he makes the team better instantly. People are jumping on my hype train. Join in man, this kid is gonna be a good one. The crazy thing is he hasn't been a starter that long, so still loads of potential there too. He's pitching tonight, let's see how that one goes. It's against Rochester.
    Iím on the manoah hype train, but I still feel like itís poor management to start his clock. Iíd keep him down until September too.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I havenít paid any attention to what people are saying of him so Iíll jump on the hype train because of the peer pressure you exerted on me.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Pearson had drop in velocity from the Pearson i seen last year in playoffs. Not good! Could end up another Dustin McGowan

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I havenít paid any attention to what people are saying of him so Iíll jump on the hype train because of the peer pressure you exerted on me.
    He does hit some guys though. Lol. Hit 3 tonight. But that may be that heís from the school of Bob Gibson.

Teoscar with his second. Jays 12th homer against the Braves in 6 games.

Nice insurance run there.

Not a buyer on Teo but if they insist on purting him 4th then he has to produce like tonight.

Not expecting much from Stripling so even 2 of 3 is good but a sweep would be nice.

Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast