Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1348
    I'm now firmly in the sell anything not nailed down camp. Ray + Semien should be able to get something good.

Get it done, Atkins!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Maybe in a year or two. Spending all the specs on rental relievers just to get knocked out of the playoffs by team with real pitching staffs is just stoopid. Atkins inability to address the bullpen needs this past offseason is laughable if he honestly felt the scrubs he had would amount to anything. Maybe next year...
    No, what's stupid is sitting back and waiting. You strike while the iron's hot. This team may never have this type of offensive season ever again. And why would you ever spend all of your specs on relievers? That wouldn't the cost to acquire them. What people should be saying is "holy ****, these guys look to have nailed it with Ray, Stripling, Matz and Semien, let's keep the ball rolling!"

Considering what he was, Ray is impressive, like really impressive. If he can improve his 3rd and 4th pitch I think he can be dominant.

He looks like a lefty version of Verlander
    Last edited by hanton; 06-18-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Considering what he was, Ray is impressive, like really impressive. If he can improve his 3rd and 4th pitch I think he can be dominant.

He looks like a lefty version of Verlander
    That's exactly why he'll be traded if the team doesn't start playing better. It's crazy how overpaid I and others thought he was in the offseason. Now I wish he had an extra year or two on his deal.

How are the Jays struggling against the Oís?

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I'm now firmly in the sell anything not nailed down camp. Ray + Semien should be able to get something good.

Get it done, Atkins!
    I'm sure he'll land us a package that includes Socrates Brito for them...

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    No, what's stupid is sitting back and waiting. You strike while the iron's hot. This team may never have this type of offensive season ever again. And why would you ever spend all of your specs on relievers? That wouldn't the cost to acquire them. What people should be saying is "holy ****, these guys look to have nailed it with Ray, Stripling, Matz and Semien, let's keep the ball rolling!"
    I donít think the iron is as hot as you think it is. Werent you one of the guys still blasting the 2015 deadline? Feels like youíre basically asking for that all over again.
    And while I do see the parallels, the difference is the 2015 teamís window was closing. A decision needed to be made: either the last 8 years was a waste, or we go all in with some overrated specs and see if the offence can carry us.

This teams window just cracked open, and it will only open larger over the next 2 seasons as the pitchers get promoted and our batters get more experience.

Iím firmly against adding any rentals, but I would be open to acquiring some long term pieces that will be able to contribute to the extended window.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    How are the Jays struggling against the Oís?
    Morale sucks! I can see it in some of their faces especially VG. Montoyo better shape them up !

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Morale sucks! I can see it in some of their faces especially VG. Montoyo better shape them up !
    Hopefully end the losing streak today.

That was a great at bat by Bo and nice come back from Jays.

As much as I like Manoah I think he needs to tone it down a bit, can't be flexing his pipes like that. I like the fire though.

Nothing like playing a ****** O's team to get you out of a slump, nice comeback

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I donít think the iron is as hot as you think it is. Werent you one of the guys still blasting the 2015 deadline? Feels like youíre basically asking for that all over again.
    And while I do see the parallels, the difference is the 2015 teamís window was closing. A decision needed to be made: either the last 8 years was a waste, or we go all in with some overrated specs and see if the offence can carry us.

This teams window just cracked open, and it will only open larger over the next 2 seasons as the pitchers get promoted and our batters get more experience.

Iím firmly against adding any rentals, but I would be open to acquiring some long term pieces that will be able to contribute to the extended window.
    I never blasted the 2015 deadline. I just realized how painful it would be later. And I don't see how adding two relievers would cost you that type of prospect capital. Trading away guys like Ray and Semien is a kick in the balls to the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I never blasted the 2015 deadline. I just realized how painful it would be later. And I don't see how adding two relievers would cost you that type of prospect capital. Trading away guys like Ray and Semien is a kick in the balls to the rest of the team.
    Wouldnít them walking for nothing be a bigger kick in the balls? Right in the assets.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Wouldnít them walking for nothing be a bigger kick in the balls? Right in the assets.
    You will have every opportunity to resign Robbie Ray. Semien, worst case you get a pick. But again, you will get every opportunity to resign the player.

When was the last time a contending team sold valuable players at the TDL? I'll wait for a response.

Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast