Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Free agent LaMarcus Aldridge plans to sign with the Brooklyn Nets - Woj

Who is going to play defense?

Wow. It'll be interesting to see how that impacts their front court rotation. Does it change the starting lineup at all? Will Blake still be able to find consistent minutes? One thing's for sure; the Nets don't have to worry about front court depth as a weakness anymore. Once Kyrie and KD come back, that team is gong to be stacked.

Is Aldridge still good? Feel like I haven't heard anything of him in a few years.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

They should create a rule where the lowest seeded playoff team at the time of the buyout market gets firsts dibs on the bought out player. One buyout player max per team.

As currently standing, Heat or Spurs should get dibs and have the option to pass. This will entice less tanking, and more parity as its the same top contenders getting all the buy out free agents (per season).

Good pickup, definitely much better than Blake at this point.

Wonder if Blake regrets signing there or if he just wants a free ring even if he doesn't play in the playoffs?

I'd definitely do something like this in the playoffs:

Kyrie 36 / Harden 12
    Harden 26 / Shamet 22
    Harris 30 / Durant 12
    Durant 26 / Aldridge 4 / Green 18
    Jordan 26 / Aldridge 22

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    They should create a rule where the lowest seeded playoff team at the time of the buyout market gets firsts dibs on the bought out player. One buyout player max per team.

As currently standing, Heat or Spurs should get dibs and have the option to pass. This will entice less tanking, and more parity as its the same top contenders getting all the buy out free agents (per season).
    So the players would have no say in which team they go to? Why would they take a buyout then?

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    So the players would have no say in which team they go to? Why would they take a buyout then?
    Get away from lottery team and playoffs?

Wow. This is ring chasing at its best. I ainít mad at them tryna get themselves a ring but I donít know how regit that ring would be anymore if they do actually win one

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    **** em lol.

They want their cake and eat it too? Honor the contract, or go to a random playoff team.

It would also make the teams like the Spurs less likely to buy out LMA, if it helps a low seed playoff team get a chance to nab him for cheap.
    Last edited by Heediot; 03-27-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kobebabe View Post
    Wow. This is ring chasing at its best. I ainít mad at them tryna get themselves a ring but I donít know how regit that ring would be anymore if they do actually win one
    Ring chasing, yes. But the Lakers have benefited from similar signings for a long time now, and the Heat's big three attracted a lot of guys too. Were the resulting rings less than legit?

Lol why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    **** em lol.

They want their cake and eat it too? Honor the contract, or go to a random playoff team.

It would also make the teams like the Spurs less likely to buy out LMA, if it helps a low seed playoff team get a chance to nab him for cheap.
    I mean there is already the waiver wire, all 29 teams had a chance to claim him[emoji1745]

This man gave back over $7 million to hit free agency, good on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I mean there is already the waiver wire, all 29 teams had a chance to claim him[emoji1745]

This man gave back over $7 million to hit free agency, good on him.
    If you pick up a guy off waivers you would have to eat his full salary no?

Well the amount of money sacrificed does complicate my proposal, but they should do something to stop these top end contenders from hoarding the talent and killing the league.

That's why its easier for some markets to create super teams and use the buy out market to fill roster spots when they are against the luxury tax. They can let go of talent in one offseason and replenish after the trade deadline.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast