Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Amazon using bots and pay offs for good employee reviews

https://gizmodo.com/theres-something...ter-1846572212

What do you think about this? Is it “false advertising” even though it's not for a product? How about when a company offers store credit for leaving positive reviews? What is “false advertising?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Bezos is the richest man on earth thanks to Amazon. Amazon's hardcore anti-Union stance has nothing to do with them being unable to afford to pay their employees more, it has everything to do with maintaining such massive profits. God forbid Bezos were the 2nd wealthiest man on earth.

I assume most of the big commerce companies do similar stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Bezos is the richest man on earth thanks to Amazon. Amazon's hardcore anti-Union stance has nothing to do with them being unable to afford to pay their employees more, it has everything to do with maintaining such massive profits. God forbid Bezos were the 2nd wealthiest man on earth.
    You realize Bezos only owns 10% of the company, yes? Meaning company decisions aren't just up to him.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You realize Bezos only owns 10% of the company, yes? Meaning company decisions aren't just up to him.
    Bezos stepped down as CEO on 2 February of this year. Meaning it's been about 2 months of him not controlling the direction of the company.

But way to completely miss the point.

He hasn't micro-managed the company in years, but he's certainly the biggest single voice in the company, and it's certain also that if he expressed a direction he wanted that it would be strongly considered at every level.

Bezos stepped down as CEO on 2 February of this year. Meaning it's been about 2 months of him not controlling the direction of the company.

But way to completely miss the point.
    He's the Executive Chairman (whatever that means), so he absolutely contributes to controlling the direction of the company. And if he felt strongly about something, he could come out publicly for it and it would happen.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

My point wasn't even to criticize specifically Jeff Bezos. People keep saying companies like Amazon can't pay their employees more because they "can't afford it", but that is not true.

What they mean is they couldn't pay their employees more and make the exact same profits. They would still make billions in profit even if they paid their employees more.

Saying they can't afford it implies they'd go out of business. But that is not true. We have to stop framing this as companies either have to stay in business or pay their employees, because that is not true.

My point wasn't even to criticize specifically Jeff Bezos. People keep saying companies like Amazon can't pay their employees more because they "can't afford it", but that is not true.

What they mean is they couldn't pay their employees more and make the exact same profits. They would still make billions in profit even if they paid their employees more.

Saying they can't afford it implies they'd go out of business. But that is not true. We have to stop framing this as companies either have to stay in business or pay their employees, because that is not true.
    I don't think I've seen people say Amazon can't pay more. I've seen talk about all companies can't pay more, but Amazon certainly can.

Seriously who said Amazon can't afford to give employees a raise?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't think I've seen people say Amazon can't pay more. I've seen talk about all companies can't pay more, but Amazon certainly can.

Seriously who said Amazon can't afford to give employees a raise?
    Amazon is a stand in for large corporations. Wal-Mart is another one. And yes, they have argued that, except it's a variation of the line that goes like this "Amazon will just pass the costs onto consumers" with the implication being they have to do that.

You think I missed your point?
    You went right from talking about their pay structure to talking about his wealth...so it appeared YOU were the one missing something. As mentioned, it's been years since he managed at any level that involved that. Companies have to answer to their stockholders, so it's not always that simple.

Amazon is a stand in for large corporations. Wal-Mart is another one. And yes, they have argued that, except it's a variation of the line that goes like this "Amazon will just pass the costs onto consumers" with the implication being they have to do that.
    and sometimes that's true

Wally is going to $15.25 minimum soon

You think I missed your point?
    You went right from talking about their pay structure to talking about his wealth...so it appeared YOU were the one missing something. As mentioned, it's been years since he managed at any level that involved that. Companies have to answer to their stockholders, so it's not always that simple.
    It hasn't been years. It's been 2 months since he stepped down as CEO.

But please remove Bezos from the post and everything I said still holds true. So other than defending Bezos, what is your point?
    Last edited by valade16; 03-30-2021 at 04:47 PM.

and sometimes that's true

Wally is going to $15.25 minimum soon
    Actually, they plan to raise their average wage to $15 an hour soon. Their starting wage is still $11.

While this is a positive step, it should have happened a lot sooner.

Who gives a **** really.

It's not like people are going to stop buying from Amazon over good/bad reviews.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast