Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will the Cubs win vs. PIT?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0: Time to start the firesale.

0 0%
  • 1: Time to start the firesale.

0 0%
  • 2: Series win, but dumb we didn't sweep these bozos.

3 75.00%
  • 3: World Series, here we come!

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

4/1, 4/3-4/4: Pirates at Cubs IGT (2021 Season Opening Series)

Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Chicago Cubs
    (0-0) (0-0)

Pitching Matchups:
    Thursday, 4/1 @ 1:20 PM
    Chad Kuhl vs. Kyle Hendricks
    vs.
    TV: Marquee Sports Network/Radio: 670 The Score

Saturday, 4/3 @ 1:20 PM
    Tyler Anderson vs. Jake Arrieta
    vs.

Sunday, 4/4 @ 1:20 PM
    Mitch Keller vs. Zach Davies
    vs.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 04-02-2021 at 08:57 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

IGT Fail.

That means it's a certainty that we sweep, go 161-1, and win the WS.

Well played.

Anyone else always think Jake Arrieta was built like a tank and has a savage man-beard?

I didnt really keep tabs on the team during spring training but damn, looking at this pitching staff and bench is depressing.

4/1, 4/3-4/4: Pirates at Cubs IGT (2021 Season Opening Series)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    I didnt really keep tabs on the team during spring training but damn, looking at this pitching staff and bench is depressing.
    Yeah agreed. I mean if we just want to be homers here, I like Davies. I think heís solid. I mean we got him now, so it is what it is. Hendricks is obviously good. Not sure thereís much left for Arrieta, but maybe coming back to Chicago will rejuvenate him. Hottovy thinks they found something and could fix something with Trevor Williams. I doubt it, but we will see if itís true or not. Alzolay (he is the 5th starter, right? Canít remember lol) oozes with potential.

As far as the lineup goes, can Happ do what he showed the potential he could do last year? Contreras and Rizzo are fine. Will KB be 2019 or 2020 KB? I mean I THINK heís still that 3-6 win player / 120-150 wRC+ guy. Joc just had an amazing spring, can he be some version of that guy playing everyday - including against lefties? We will see. Can Heyward be a 3 win player? He was over half way there last year in less than half the games of a regular season. Does Bote break out this year with this opportunity heís being given, or just continue being that solid guy thatís a very good role player? How and or when does Nico figure into things? Just how bad is the bullpen going to be? Is Kimbrel fixed?

Thereís a lot of questions. Thereís also still the potential to win this weak division despite everything. Iím intrigued. But this is also the least excited Iíve been for Cubs baseball in like 8-9 years. At least Iím actually prepared to be mediocre rather than getting let down later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Yeah agreed. I mean if we just want to be homers here, I like Davies. I think heís solid. I mean we got him now, so it is what it is. Hendricks is obviously good. Not sure thereís much left for Arrieta, but maybe coming back to Chicago will rejuvenate him. Hottovy thinks they found something and could fix something with Trevor Williams. I doubt it, but we will see if itís true or not. Alzolay (he is the 5th starter, right? Canít remember lol) oozes with potential.

As far as the lineup goes, can Happ do what he showed the potential he could do last year? Contreras and Rizzo are fine. Will KB be 2019 or 2020 KB? I mean I THINK heís still that 3-6 win player / 120-150 wRC+ guy. Joc just had an amazing spring, can he be some version of that guy playing everyday - including against lefties? We will see. Can Heyward be a 3 win player? He was over half way there last year in less than half the games of a regular season. Does Bote break out this year with this opportunity heís being given, or just continue being that solid guy thatís a very good role player? How and or when does Nico figure into things? Just how bad is the bullpen going to be? Is Kimbrel fixed?

Thereís a lot of questions. Thereís also still the potential to win this weak division despite everything. Iím intrigued. But this is also the least excited Iíve been for Cubs baseball in like 8-9 years. At least Iím actually prepared to be mediocre rather than getting let down later in the year.
    Yeah lots of variables here. Also makes it tougher because I don't think we have any great prospects coming up though the pipeline right now so nothing is generating interest. If some things break toward our way like you mentioned I think we definitely can win the division, we really need Rizzo and Bryant to return to form. Also im hoping for Pederson to bring some value in, I think he will outperform Schwarber.

The issue with the Cubs is the "worst case scenario" is SO bad. For both offense and pitching. There is zero depth. And when it's unlikely we hit "worst case scenario" it's likely we hit "multiple injuries" or "we aren't food enough to win so trade guys". The depth here is pathetic. And it is what will kill the team.

If everyone is healthy and plays 162 it isn't the worst. It's that that's so unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Cubs fans hopes for the off-season, ď4 or 5 batting changesĒ, ďdonít have Baez, Heyward and Bote in the same lineup day after day Ē.

2021 opening day lineup - ďJoc Pederson..... thatís it? Boy, this is going to be a long year.Ē

As long as all our position guys play 162 games and the house of cards that are Arrieta/Williams/Kimbrel don't implode we'll be fine LOL.

The depth on this team is scary terrible. Caratini gone, our utility guy is our starting 2B, no real RH OF on bench to hit LHP for Heyward/Joc/Happ unless Marisnick has started taking roids. We didn't fix any of our problems from 2020 and 2019 besides getting Joc. A lot of thing have to go right for this team. It would be nice to catch some luck given the last few years.

As you say, the weak division is a saving grace. At least with every Opening Day there is always optimism for the season ahead so we can at least be hopeful! Low expectations are kinda nice for a change. Heartbreak after high expectations the last few seasons hasn't been fun either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    As long as all our position guys play 162 games and the house of cards that are Arrieta/Williams/Kimbrel don't implode we'll be fine LOL.

The depth on this team is scary terrible. Caratini gone, our utility guy is our starting 2B, no real RH OF on bench to hit LHP for Heyward/Joc/Happ unless Marisnick has started taking roids. We didn't fix any of our problems from 2020 and 2019 besides getting Joc. A lot of thing have to go right for this team. It would be nice to catch some luck given the last few years.

As you say, the weak division is a saving grace. At least with every Opening Day there is always optimism for the season ahead so we can at least be hopeful! Low expectations are kinda nice for a change. Heartbreak after high expectations the last few seasons hasn't been fun either.
    Pretty much agree. I do have the nostalgic opening day eve feelings tonight. I canít lie. But itís just different than it has been the last handful of years. We did nothing to get better. Depth is scary. Joc basically just replaces Schwarberís value, and even if he does provide more, it wonít be much at all... not enough to make a difference. I have doubts about 3/5 starters. I have doubts about the bullpen. We will just see how it plays out though. Regardless, Iím just glad baseball is back.

Pretty much agree. I do have the nostalgic opening day eve feelings tonight. I canít lie. But itís just different than it has been the last handful of years. We did nothing to get better. Depth is scary. Joc basically just replaces Schwarberís value, and even if he does provide more, it wonít be much at all... not enough to make a difference. I have doubts about 3/5 starters. I have doubts about the bullpen. We will just see how it plays out though. Regardless, Iím just glad baseball is back.
    Yes agreed. Our hope is simply to play well enough to get into the playoffs, which is very achievable, and then anything can happen. It helps to be a 98-win team but we don't have to be. Walk years for almost all our best hitters will keep them motivated no matter what at least.

Cubs should maybe consider one of their annual odd, BS postponements tomorrow and kick the game to Friday.

Lindor signs extension for $341 mil and 10 years. Deal kicks in 2022. -Passan

Lol Passan just said 21 minutes ago that Lindor and the Mets are not close to a contract extension with opening day looming tomorrow... and now I get a notification 21 minutes later that theyíve reached a deal for 10/341.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast