Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will the Cubs win vs. PIT?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0: Time to start the firesale.

0 0%
  • 1: Time to start the firesale.

0 0%
  • 2: Series win, but dumb we didn't sweep these bozos.

3 75.00%
  • 3: World Series, here we come!

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Lol Passan just said 21 minutes ago that Lindor and the Mets are not close to a contract extension with opening day looming tomorrow... and now I get a notification 21 minutes later that theyíve reached a deal for 10/341.
    All it took was one call. All Lindor wanted to do was to beat Tatis.

4/1, 4/3-4/4: Pirates at Cubs IGT (2021 Season Opening Series)

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Lol Passan just said 21 minutes ago that Lindor and the Mets are not close to a contract extension with opening day looming tomorrow... and now I get a notification 21 minutes later that theyíve reached a deal for 10/341.
    Good thing to keep in mind when people say that Rizzo is gone if they donít extend him before 1:20 tomorrow.

If they give Rizzo a deal he wants on July 1 or Jan 1, heíll sign it.

I haven't posted a ton this offseason and I don't mean to be a downer right before the start of the season, but it's an absolute ****ing joke we haven't extended Rizzo. There's literally no argument for not doing it.

Even if you think you are "overpaying" the guy and you don't like that he's on the wrong side of 30, it's not like signing him is going to royally screw your ability to have financial flexibility in the future. The Cubs have only 2 guys after the 2022 season that will make more than 5 million a year. TWO.

I get it if you were locking up Baez or Bryant or something like that and you didn't want to extend all the core guys (even in that world though, Rizzo should come first) but they didn't do that.

It's just a ****ing joke and a further sign ownership is in over their heads or management just doesn't get it.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I haven't posted a ton this offseason and I don't mean to be a downer right before the start of the season, but it's an absolute ****ing joke we haven't extended Rizzo. There's literally no argument for not doing it.

Even if you think you are "overpaying" the guy and you don't like that he's on the wrong side of 30, it's not like signing him is going to royally screw your ability to have financial flexibility in the future. The Cubs have only 2 guys after the 2022 season that will make more than 5 million a year. TWO.

I get it if you were locking up Baez or Bryant or something like that and you didn't want to extend all the core guys (even in that world though, Rizzo should come first) but they didn't do that.

It's just a ****ing joke and a further sign ownership is in over their heads or management just doesn't get it.
    Preach

Can't get over how terrible this bullpen looks on paper.

Outside of Kimbrel these are all 4A guys.

Is Kyle Ryan hurt? I know Wick is but I havnt heard anything about him.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    After all the talk following last season, it's unbelievable to me that we brought back basically the entire offense. The question wasn't if guys would be traded, it was how many. Well, no one was traded. Bryant is back. Contreras is back. Baez is Back. We didn't bring back Schwarber, but Joc is basically a clone.

Maybe there's a long term plan that makes sense, but it's really confusing that we blew up our pitching staff, yet didn't sell any of our bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post

Wick is improving, but not yet ready to be activated. Ryan was out-performed by others in ST.

I believe Ryan was delayed for almost half of ST because of COVID issues and they want him to get some more work in the Alternate site.

I think Wick just barely threw on flat ground so he wonít be ready for a bit either

Here is to hoping we have a great year! I hope the hitting is elite; the starters are decent and the bullpen... well yeah

Then good news, I don't expect the winner of the NLC to have more than 85 wins, so... The non-Pirates teams of the division are all varying degrees of mediocre.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    All it took was one call. All Lindor wanted to do was to beat Tatis.
    Lindor: Tatis got $330 mil? I want $341

Workman is pretty good, Chafin, Tepera. I think we'll be ok. If we have 9 in the pen hopefully at least 5 will be good. All 9 can't be trash lol.

A lot hangs on Kimbrel having a good year and Wick not missing too much time.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast