Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 122
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Missing the point again………Mr. Consistency.

    If you gave me nothing, my life would be better in 20 years (assuming I am still above ground).

    My life is great every day. Always getting better.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWTKxIjZmfs
    I didn't ask what would happen if we gave you nothing, I asked what would happen if we gave you $20,000.

    I'm wondering what you believe the difference is between you and black people where they'd waste $20,000 and you would not.

    Actually I'm not really wondering that, because I didn't miss your point. It's that black people wouldn't handle the money well and would waste it.

    Which is a pretty disgusting point. Youtube is blocked on Government networks but I'm assuming your link goes to a Tucker Carlson rant?

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,584
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

    Actually I'm not really wondering that, because I didn't miss your point. It's that black people wouldn't handle the money well and would waste it.
    Is this true, sluggo? Sounds pretty racist..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Serious question………actually two serious queations………

    If you gave $20,000 to every black person that met your criteria, do you think their lives would be any better in 10 - 20 years???

    and

    If you gave $20,000 to every black person that met your criteria, and their lives were still about the same in 10 - 20 years……what do you give them then???
    Not the point. It's a debt owed. It's their business what they do with it.

    And if those were serious questions then you are a bigger idiot than I already thought.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,480
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Not the point. It's a debt owed. It's their business what they do with it.

    And if those were serious questions then you are a bigger idiot than I already thought.
    Coming from you I will take this as, well, coming from you.

    And yes, they were serious questions.

    Giving every descendent of slavery $20 Gs will just buy stuff. It will not change the black culture which is the root cause of all of their issues in modern times. Yes, some will open businesses and/or buy homes; but the majority will not. And unless the culture changes, then nothing significant will change. The $$$ will run out. End result………there will be another "reason" to throw more $$$ at the perceived problem.

    So, what is your answer to the second part of the question……If you gave $20,000 to every black person that met your criteria, and their lives were still about the same in 10 - 20 years……what do you give them then???

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Coming from you I will take this as, well, coming from you.

    And yes, they were serious questions.

    Giving every descendent of slavery $20 Gs will just buy stuff. It will not change the black culture which is the root cause of all of their issues in modern times. Yes, some will open businesses and/or buy homes; but the majority will not. And unless the culture changes, then nothing significant will change. The $$$ will run out. End result………there will be another "reason" to throw more $$$ at the perceived problem.

    So, what is your answer to the second part of the question……If you gave $20,000 to every black person that met your criteria, and their lives were still about the same in 10 - 20 years……what do you give them then???
    If the payment is what is "owed" then it would be $250k to $300k per person. I think that would change a LOT of lives. And, yes a lot of that money would get spent quickly and that would be good for the economy too.

    The second part is the problem with it ... reparations would have to be the end of it for all time and that' is not really possible so it's a big problem.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots;33905899[B
    If the payment is what is "owed" then it would be $250k to $300k per person[/B]. I think that would change a LOT of lives. And, yes a lot of that money would get spent quickly and that would be good for the economy too.

    The second part is the problem with it ... reparations would have to be the end of it for all time and that' is not really possible so it's a big problem.
    Underlined……never going to happen. Absurd amount of $$$$. Family of 4 becomes millionaires overnight. I don't think so. (small benefit……dads would pop up like dandelions in the spring.)


    Bold ……never going to happen. There will always be something else. Always be a problem. Always be some unsettled issue. Until the black culture changes (and I doubt if it will)…… There will always be something else. Always be a problem. Always be some unsettled issue.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    56,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Underlined……never going to happen. Absurd amount of $$$$. Family of 4 becomes millionaires overnight. I don't think so. (small benefit……dads would pop up like dandelions in the spring.)


    Bold ……never going to happen. There will always be something else. Always be a problem. Always be some unsettled issue. Until the black culture changes (and I doubt if it will)…… There will always be something else. Always be a problem. Always be some unsettled issue.
    They don’t even realize the taxes employers pay


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,480
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    They don’t even realize the taxes employers pay


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Meaning what, exactly???

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,505
    Some very racist stuff coming from Sluggo this morning.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,361
    Giving cash money out as reparations would never make things better. Sure you would have a small % that would do smart things with the $ but so many people would just spend it on things they really don't need. That's just human nature or should I say "American nature". Just look at anybody who wins the lottery. Most spend it unwisely and years later they are back to the same life before.

    I think it's clear that some areas in the country are in horrible shape due to black people experiencing unfair laws/rules/handicaps with just trying to live life.

    If you look at a low income areas of Detroit, Baltimore, Oakland & see how young kids just have very small chance of getting out of there it is sad.

    I wouldn't be opposed to the government trying to give opportunities to people who were effected in some ways of the Jim Crow laws etc.

    Of course we live in a time where it's hard to just say that black people are poor. You have millions of white Americans that are living in poverty to. At what point can you ignore them? How is it fair to go to a low income black area & do things for blacks but totally ignore whites? That's why I feel this gets so more complicated. You're only going to cause more racial problems by going that route.

    Instead of looking at monetary value what if better grocery stores were put in low income areas & better education was actually given. My point on grocery stores is so many black americans (and poor americans) are only able to get bad food/nutrition. Then they go years of eating the wrong foods & then you know what happens? A pandemic like covid-19 that kills a very high % of people with diabetes. That's why so many poor black people are dying from covid. It's not because covid is only attacking black people it's because so many black people are unhealthy from years of eating bad nutrition. So what can we do to make that happen less? That would be better in some form of reparations than cash money.
    Dodgers Fan since 1982

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If the payment is what is "owed" then it would be $250k to $300k per person. I think that would change a LOT of lives. And, yes a lot of that money would get spent quickly and that would be good for the economy too.

    The second part is the problem with it ... reparations would have to be the end of it for all time and that' is not really possible so it's a big problem.
    Do you know what inflation is? If all that extra $ is just thrown into the economy what exactly do think is going to happen? And do you really think that would be fair to just give that much $ to people simply because of who they are.
    Dodgers Fan since 1982

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Is this true, sluggo? Sounds pretty racist..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    How does that sound racist? It might not be worded as good as it should be but even white people blow $ & spend it unwisely. Part of knowing how to spend $ is a direct correlation to having some level of education & background on saving it and spending it wisely. Look at all the pro athletes that get huge contracts & years later are bankrupt. And they actually have more help from financial advisors than the average American. Imagine some person in his 20's just getting handed 20 grand & no advice or guidance on what to do with it. And since a higher % of black people come from 1 parent families (and get poorer education) they would be hurt he most in making smarter decisions. It's not racist it's just facts and that's why have the stuff never works out because people are to afraid of thinking everything is racist & fail to do the right thing.
    Dodgers Fan since 1982

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Some very racist stuff coming from Sluggo this morning.
    I know right.

    We get it slugo the blacks would waste the money on Jordan's and hip hop albums!

    I would bet a lot of money that sluggo is an ethnostate supporter

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Underlined……never going to happen. Absurd amount of $$$$. Family of 4 becomes millionaires overnight. I don't think so. (small benefit……dads would pop up like dandelions in the spring.)


    Bold ……never going to happen. There will always be something else. Always be a problem. Always be some unsettled issue. Until the black culture changes (and I doubt if it will)…… There will always be something else. Always be a problem. Always be some unsettled issue.
    Out of touch racist says what?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,301
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I know right.

    We get it slugo the blacks would waste the money on Jordan's and hip hop albums!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •