Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It pains you both to admit I am right.
    Even still, neither of us are in pain right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Maybe there should not be reparations, but this is the least relevant reason why.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I was going to explain the flaw in that line of reasoning but decided there’s be no point.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Even still, neither of us are in pain right now.
    Clearly went right over your head.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Nothing that comes out of your mouth goes over anyone's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bolded………

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You really think that reparations could possibly be the end of it.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No matter what is done, it won't be enough in the minds of many.

And in 10 - 20 years down the road…very little will have changed. Reparations will not get minorities educated, will not get fathers to stay in the home and will not change a culture that doesn't work.It will help a few people, sure. But fot the vast majority……no change.
    This is the problem I have with it. Morally, perhaps they are owed. However, attempts at reversing the effects seem more reasonable at this stage. Integrating (a good word) people into the economy through employment and education seems the better course IMO. As to Native Americans, there is no specific way to reimburse them for the loss of lands and the genocide. Takes a lot smarter person than me to figure that one. I suppose stopping the incursions on the little bit of land they have left makes great sense. Other than that...

The number I heard was $2T ... we've learned in the last couple years that $2T here, $2T there, might as well throw $2T at black people and be done with it. Racism is done then. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The number I heard was $2T ... we've learned in the last couple years that $2T here, $2T there, might as well throw $2T at black people and be done with it. Racism is done then. Fixed.
    even the families that slaved their own?

even the families that slaved their own?
    Anybody with dark skin. What do I care what another couple trillion goes to?

I would not be surprised if there are those who would be singing a different tune if the reparations were not for descendants of slaves but for descendants of former slave owners who lost so much when they lost their free labor back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Anybody with dark skin. What do I care what another couple trillion goes to?
    So the blacks that enslaved blacks should get reparations? WOW!

The blacks who enslaved whites should get reparations

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't think any are still alive. If you mean should the descendants of black slavers get reparations then I guess that implies you are okay with descendants of non black slavers getting reparations?

Hey, the BLM co-founder just bought a 1.4 million dollar home. Ask her for some reparations. She's a trained "marxist". I'm sure she'll share the wealth. ****, she might even let you move in.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

I think it should be done. But not in cash. Post secondary education would be #1, land ownership would be #2.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think it should be done. But not in cash. Post secondary education would be #1, land ownership would be #2.
    $2T split among all black people would be $50k per person. Some people say that number should be $250k per person. Not sure how giving people land in the middle of nowhere or forcing them to go to college makes much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Land ownership as in what....whose land? And what are they going to do with it if you give it to them?

Not all blacks in this country descended from slaves and some of those who did don't live in this country.
    Nor are all blacks descended from slaves in need of reparation.

No reparations make any sense to me if native americans aren't included.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast