Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    If Jimmy Gimp was worth anything the 49ers would not have sold the farm to replace him.

He is not a top 32 qb because he cannot stay healthy, if he is healthy is around 20ish.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    So just according to this list, youd think someone could make an argument for him being the 16th best QB in the NFL. That would have him in the last spot of the TOP HALF of the league.

I think that alone disproves the idea that the only reason he has a job or is talked about is Pats connection. Hes certainly not great but its not like great QBs grow on trees. Id say theres more than usual with the growth of the game, but even so your list Hitler shows that half the league has a QB arguably worse than Jimmy.
    Sure, at this point in time, someone could try to argue he's the 16th best QB. But that's mostly because we had 2 QBs retire, we haven't seen enough of Tua/Hurts/the rookies, we don't know what Cam will look like with an NFL caliber weapons group, we don't know how Ben will look, and we don't know if Baker's hot streak will continue. By seasons end, he could be definitively outside the top 20 when healthy. He's already a bottom 10 QB when factoring in he plays like 6 games per year.

Also was Hitler a typo? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    You asked my point. I stated it. All you asked for. Thats what I gave.
    You offered nothing.

Again, the same as the guy you are discrediting the opinion of.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    So just according to this list, youd think someone could make an argument for him being the 16th best QB in the NFL. That would have him in the last spot of the TOP HALF of the league.

I think that alone disproves the idea that the only reason he has a job or is talked about is Pats connection. Hes certainly not great but its not like great QBs grow on trees. Id say theres more than usual with the growth of the game, but even so your list shows that half the league has a QB arguably worse than Jimmy.
    He can be a starting level QB regardless of Pats connection, but only Pats fans think he's actually a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You offered nothing.

Again, the same as the guy you are discrediting the opinion of.
    I never discredited his opinion. I asked him to provide data/example/reasoning to his claim - not just a list of players he thinks are better. He refused to do so. What I discredited about that poster is he claimed I said Jimmy is a top 10 QB when Ive repeatedly said he is not. Its written and black and white yet he asserted otherwise.

Ive provided reasoning as to why I believe Jimmy is better than 10 starting NFL QBs.

-Winning %
    -NFL average statistics
    -won 6 games with a sub .500 team mid season
    -QB of a SB team
    -inferior weapons to some of the others in his grouping (Jimmy has worse stats, wins more)
    -Jimmy hate mostly based off 1 SuperBowl run and injuries (injury argument has merit but is not a measure of skill)
    -Coaching staff is equally to blame for blown SB

I have Jimmy G ranked somewhere between 12-20 as a starting QB. And that group in 12-20 are very close in talent with varying on field results due to their own specific circumstances.

The ridiculous points Im arguing here are
    -Jimmy G is awful - no hes not
    -QBs with less than 17 career starts are better
    -QBs like Carr, Wentz, Cam and the like who have not put up any relevant stats better than Jimmy, havent come close to his win % nor taken their team to a SB (save for Cam) - are somehow better with zero explanation as to why
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 03-31-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Wentz was bad for most of this season.

It would be silly to take Ben over Wentz going forward.
    Ok, well then that's a different discussion. I'd take Wentz going forward because at worst he is a high end backup whereas Ben has 1 or 2 years left in the league probably.

A better question is if you'd rather have Jimmy G or Carson Wentz. They're making the same money this year.

I'd rather have Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    A better question is if you'd rather have Jimmy G or Carson Wentz. They're making the same money this year.

I'd rather have Wentz.
    Without hesitation.

Ok, well then that's a different discussion. I'd take Wentz going forward because at worst he is a high end backup whereas Ben has 1 or 2 years left in the league probably.
    Bens toast.

Carsons not.

Ben had a 103 passer rating through the first 9 games. So I'd say he's more like stale bread that's still good for a while before it needs to be toasted.

I'd rather have Wentz.
    In their current situations - yes Wentz. If Jimmy was in a better system suited for his skill set - like NE, Id rather have Jimmy.

Jimmy has a higher floor. Less TO prone. More of a game manager.

Wentz has the higher ceiling. More likely to make big plays and put up numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I can safely check out of this argument if you're delusional enough to think he's a top 10 QB.
    I'm not sure how a literate person could take: "Jimmy G is better than 10 starting QBs in the NFL. Hes not awful." and come up with your response...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I'm not sure how a literate person could take: "Jimmy G is better than 10 starting QBs in the NFL. Hes not awful." and come up with your response...
    Thank you. Im glad someone else here understands plain written English.

Without hesitation.
    Which is Wentz, which is Jimmy G?

Yards/Game
    A. 245
    B. 247

TD/Game
    A. 1.53
    B. 1.66

INT/Game
    A. .54
    B. .74

Fumbles
    A. .57
    B. .85

I'm thinking there should be at the very least some thought...not without hesitation...

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I never discredited his opinion. I asked him to provide data/example/reasoning to his claim - not just a list of players he thinks are better. He refused to do so. What I discredited about that poster is he claimed I said Jimmy is a top 10 QB when Ive repeatedly said he is not. Its written and black and white yet he asserted otherwise.

Ive provided reasoning as to why I believe Jimmy is better than 10 starting NFL QBs.

-Winning %
    -NFL average statistics
    -won 6 games with a sub .500 team mid season
    -QB of a SB team
    -inferior weapons to some of the others in his grouping (Jimmy has worse stats, wins more)
    -Jimmy hate mostly based off 1 SuperBowl run and injuries (injury argument has merit but is not a measure of skill)
    -Coaching staff is equally to blame for blown SB

I have Jimmy G ranked somewhere between 12-20 as a starting QB. And that group in 12-20 are very close in talent with varying on field results due to their own specific circumstances.

The ridiculous points Im arguing here are
    -Jimmy G is awful - no hes not
    -QBs with less than 17 career starts are better
    -QBs like Carr, Wentz, Cam and the like who have not put up any relevant stats better than Jimmy, havent come close to his win % nor taken their team to a SB (save for Cam) - are somehow better with zero explanation as to why
    My bad, I read your other post as "Jimmy is top 10" rather than "Jimmy is better than 10 other QBs." I have no qualms with someone calling him a top 22 QB.

As for the arguments, I've literally pointed out several things in addition to listing names. He has had good weapons despite people suggesting otherwise (Kittle, Deebo, Sanders, and a nasty run game), he's got an easy going offense that let's him hand the ball off and is full of easy throws that result in tons of YAC (see: 2400 YAC yards in his only good season), he's had good OLs (even in their worst years they're average), and he's got a quality defense that rarely let's the score get away to the point where they have to abandon their game manager plan.

Them winning games in 2017 after his trade says more about how their opponents got easier and their roster started clicking for a rookie HC. They lost 4 games by less than 3 points BEFORE getting him, they won their first game with a total scrub at QB, and they beat no good teams in their 5 games with Jimmy. He had 7 total TDs and 5 INTs in his 5 starts, which is pretty similar to his career of averaging an INT/game. Win% is not an individual stat.

Guys like Wentz and Cam would kill to have the offenses he's had, guys like Staff and Ryan have done far more with similar offenses, and guys like Baker look no worse with similar offenses. Cam and Ryan are former MVPs who took their teams to SB appearances (and didn't just hand the ball off to get there), Wentz was well on his way to MVP in 2017, Stafford has had several seasons better than Jimmy's best.

I don't think anyone hates Jimmy (maybe 49ers fans, idk). He's so irrelevant and mediocre that he's not worth hating.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast