Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    But Cam had one outlier year with a high deep throw comp%!!! That makes him automatically HoF.
    Cam has scored 261 touchdowns in his career, he may not be a HoFer but lets not act like he only had one good year.

190 passing TDs, 70 rushing TDs and 1 receiving TD.

You being a bills fan, i guess you think thurman thomas is an all time great, guess what Cam has more rushing TDs than he does.

He also has more than guys like MJD, Stephen Jackson, Terrell Davis, just to name a few.
    Last edited by Nunuu; 05-22-2021 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Cam has scored 261 touchdowns in his career, he may not be a HoFer but lets not act like he only had one good year.
    5 more seasons and he can catch up to Eli Manning.

5 more seasons and he can catch up to Eli Manning.
    He has already accounted for more Tds than Jim Kelly in 1 less season with less INTs, so sure he can go after Eli.

Cam Newton was once a legitimately elite player with a special skill set.

Age and injuries have sapped him of his natural ability to a noticeable degree.

He was so talented to begin with that even with a certain level of decline he can be starting caliber.

Last year had a multitude of factors against him - coming off injury, new team, very different offensive concepts, no training camp, replacing the GOAT, getting Covid, putrid weapons.

Even despite the factors against him, it was visibly apparent that there are some serious deficiencies in his game, mainly throwing with anticipation.

At this point, I think itís very hard to argue he will ever return to ďgreatĒ levels. Youíre probably hoping for someone who can stay out of the bottom third of starters in the league so about top 20.

As a #15 draft pick, Mac Jones would be underperforming if thatís all he ever is - a top 20ish QB, but it could very well be enough to still beat out Cam based on above, especially considering in any close battle you have major incentive to eventually make that switch.

I believe all of that to be true. I like Cam, I really do, but he needs to make massive improvements mentally and physically compared to last year to hold the job all season IMO. And Iím hardly a Big Mac Jones guy.

But Cam had one outlier year with a high deep throw comp%!!! That makes him automatically HoF.
    He had an 8 year stint carrying a horrible offense, horrible coordinator, and outdated HC to relevancy. Pretending Cam was a one year wonder is an ignorant take.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Cam Newton was once a legitimately elite player with a special skill set.

Age and injuries have sapped him of his natural ability to a noticeable degree.

He was so talented to begin with that even with a certain level of decline he can be starting caliber.

Last year had a multitude of factors against him - coming off injury, new team, very different offensive concepts, no training camp, replacing the GOAT, getting Covid, putrid weapons.

Even despite the factors against him, it was visibly apparent that there are some serious deficiencies in his game, mainly throwing with anticipation.

At this point, I think itís very hard to argue he will ever return to ďgreatĒ levels. Youíre probably hoping for someone who can stay out of the bottom third of starters in the league so about top 20.

As a #15 draft pick, Mac Jones would be underperforming if thatís all he ever is - a top 20ish QB, but it could very well be enough to still beat out Cam based on above, especially considering in any close battle you have major incentive to eventually make that switch.

I believe all of that to be true. I like Cam, I really do, but he needs to make massive improvements mentally and physically compared to last year to hold the job all season IMO. And Iím hardly a Big Mac Jones guy.
    Cam has always had problems throwing with anticipation, I dont think that is going to change going into his 11th season.

The problem is Cam used to be able to see someone open and zip the ball in so quick he did not need anticipation. Now he has declined physically and cannot rely on it as much as he could before and it has become a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Cam has always had problems throwing with anticipation, I dont think that is going to change going into his 11th season.

The problem is Cam used to be able to see someone open and zip the ball in so quick he did not need anticipation. Now he has declined physically and cannot rely on it as much as he could before and it has become a problem.
    Cam certainly struggled with anticipation last season and at times in Carolina, but I'm not sure how much of that is his lack of ability rather than the fact that he rarely has the same weapons, much less good weapons. Carolina did use a lot of Coryelll concepts the first 6 or 7 years of his career that allowed a lot of "see it, throw it" plays, but he seemed to be great with anticipating CMC (aka someone who is good, reliable, and can be trusted to make the right route). We can see anticipatory throws made to CMC, Smitty, and Olsen all through his career in Carolina, and IMO he had a pretty good connection with Meyers last year too, but the dude has pretty much never kept the same receiving corps two years in a row; they blew it to pieces in 2014, 2015, 2017, and had a new team in 2020. If course they had to replace pretty much every WR/TE from last year by necessity, so 2021 will again be a whole new group for him.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617