Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    ALEX ranks Dalton as the 11th best QB in the league in 2020. Tua at 9th best. Wentz as 4th best.

ALEX says Drew Brees is #31 and worse than Minshew (#30) and Mullens (#29) and Darnold (#21) and Drew Lock (#18) and Trubisky (#17).

Ironically the only QBs worse than Teddy in ALEX are... Haskins, Cam Newton and Alex Smith.

I'm a pretty big FO fan, but I don't think ALEX is a particularly useful stat. It mostly shows QBs who are taking big risky shots downfield on 3rd down... which they only do if they have a big lead (Rodgers #1, Mahomes #3) or are way behind (Carr #2, Wentz #4).

It also doesn't show success or failure at all. So if the screen is wide open and gets you the 1st down, it essentially penalizes the QB for making the correct read.
    Yeah... I mean that's why it makes sense to know what a stat represents.

ALEX is not a measure of QB quality. Y/A is not a measure of deep passing.

I literally copy-and-pasted the definitions but you still went along thinking someone being higher or lower in ALEX means the QB is better or worse than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Thank you. I was just about to go here when I saw your post
    lmao

You were just about to misinterpret the stat, too?
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-09-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Anyone still in this thread arguing for Teddy being a good qb knows absolutely nothing about football or did not watch him play at all last year. The sorry *** ***** took the safest throw possible on every play so his stats would look good. Go watch some film for last year or look at his god awful TD numbers. Guys that performed like Teddy have already been replaced. Teddy is a bottom 5 starter period.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah... I mean that's why it makes sense to know what a stat represents.

ALEX is not a measure of QB quality. Y/A is not a measure of deep passing.

I literally copy-and-pasted the definitions but you still went along thinking someone being higher or lower in ALEX means the QB is better or worse than the other?
    That's quite the conclusion to leap to from what I posted, which summarized is "ALEX is not a useful stat".
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Anyone still in this thread arguing for Teddy being a good qb knows absolutely nothing about football or did not watch him play at all last year. The sorry *** ***** took the safest throw possible on every play so his stats would look good. Go watch some film for last year or look at his god awful TD numbers. Guys that performed like Teddy have already been replaced. Teddy is a bottom 5 starter period.
    Teddy is not good because he didn't throw INTs.
    - Nunuu

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

That's quite the conclusion to leap to from what I posted, which summarized is "ALEX is not a useful stat".
    Depends on what you're using it for. In an argument whether a QB has a tendency to check the ball down, I'd say ALEX and "failed completions" are more useful than comp% and Y/A.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-09-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    And with that last paragraph- no credibility on your end here. I get you like Moore because he’s on your team and you watch him a lot. But that’s absurd.
    Based on what? Those guys all have flaws preventing them from being elite, just like Moore has mediocre route running holding him back. He's got elite athleticism, is great at forcing missed tackles, and has fine hands. Put him with Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, etc and everyone would have him overrated AF.

- Nunuu
    If only that were even true. He threw 11 picks despite being terrified of risky throws. His picks are usually hideous too, so I can only imagine what they'd look like on more difficult throws. I bet he also was among the worst in the league with dropped INTs.

Depends on what you're using it for. In an argument whether a QB has a tendency to check the ball down, I'd say ALEX and "failed completions" are more useful than comp% and Y/A.
    ALEX only includes 3rd down plays... so all it shows is the average play-call on 3rd down.

Teddy's is -0.3 which means on 3rd and 10 he throws a pass that goes 9.7 yards and expects his WR to fall forward. Which means a first down every time if the WRs are half as good as MBC claims.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

If only that were even true. He threw 11 picks despite being terrified of risky throws. His picks are usually hideous too, so I can only imagine what they'd look like on more difficult throws. I bet he also was among the worst in the league with dropped INTs.
    FootballOutsiders seems to be the primary purveyor of the "adjusted interception" stat and has not released it for 2020, at least not on their free page.

It was reported at the end of the season that Mahomes had set the NFL record for dropped INTs with 16.

https://fansided.com/2020/12/31/patr...interceptions/

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

ALEX only includes 3rd down plays... so all it shows is the average play-call on 3rd down.

Teddy's is -0.3 which means on 3rd and 10 he throws a pass that goes 9.7 yards and expects his WR to fall forward. Which means a first down every time if the WRs are half as good as MBC claims.
    It includes all downs.

It includes all downs.
    ALEX represents Air Less EXpected on third downs, the average difference between the length of the quarterback's throw and the distance needed for a new set of downs. The number listed here only includes third downs and is not adjusted for passes thrown away or batted down.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/qb/2020

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

ALEX represents Air Less EXpected on third downs, the average difference between the length of the quarterback's throw and the distance needed for a new set of downs. The number listed here only includes third downs and is not adjusted for passes thrown away or batted down.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/qb/2020
    That's not the article I linked.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...mpletions-2020

In the following table, the 36 qualified quarterbacks of 2020 are ranked by ascending failed completion rate (FC%). We also included failed completions as a percentage of attempts (very little change in the rankings) as well as the average ALEX (all downs) for the season. "Passes" here refers to all passing plays, including sacks.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-10-2021 at 07:29 AM.

- Nunuu
    Well considering I watched all of the Panthers games last year and am basing my opinion off of actually watching the bum play. You are basing your opinion on being a troll and posting whatever you think will get people riled up.

Patriots and Saints are very high on Mac Jones. I can see BB trading up into the top 10 to draft Jones. For the Saints I just don't know if they have the ammo to trade up that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Patriots and Saints are very high on Mac Jones. I can see BB trading up into the top 10 to draft Jones. For the Saints I just don't know if they have the ammo to trade up that high.
    Jones belongs to the niners. The pats and saints can want all they want, but unless they trade to 2 its not doing them any good.

Just reading though this thread... I love how on PSD every QB is either top 5 or bottom 5 across the league. Like if you just go through all the threads and compile what people say and tried to make a full list off it you’d have 16 players tied for top 5, 16 tied for bottom 5 and nothing in between lol

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast