Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 351
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    No, you actually didn't answer the question until now -- you just posted some snide, cryptic post that you probably thought was clever, when in fact it was more childish deflecting.

    So you don't like paying taxes when they help society at large, but you wouldn't mind paying taxes if it solved a non-existent problem. Makes total sense...

    This is why the GOP is doomed. They can't help but trip over their sagging, wrinkly balls.
    1. I never said I didnít like paying taxes that help society at large. Again, you said that, not me.

    2. I find it funny that you think Iím a Republican

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    I never agreed to use this poor analogy for this debate. But since you insistóa home break-in, even just one, affects the family that was the victim, not to mention the trauma that can persist.

    One fraudulent vote does not change the outcome of an election. And again, there's no proof that voter fraud even exists to extent where it would make a difference. Facts! Try and use them. It'll help you sound less like a pompous Kunt.

    And let's not even get into electoral college because we all know who it benefits. Never in modern history has a Dem won the Presidency without also winning the popular vote. Republicans on the other hand...

    You and I both live in NY. I, for one, would like my vote to count just as much as a voter in Ohio or Wisconsin. Apparently you don't care as long as your privilege is maintained with a Rep administration.

    Get bent man. Can't wait for all you geezers to croak already so we can get this country back to being a beacon of innovation and inspiration.
    1. Youíre right, 1 fraudulent vote doesnít impact anyoneís family directly. But a small percentage in targeted areas can negatively impact millions of families directly.

    2. Itís funny your from NY but donít understand itís a perfect example as to why majority votes are awful. But Iím guessing you live in or around the city and thatís why you donít care. The vast majority of the state operates much differently than the city. Yet the city gets nearly all of the resources because they have a high population and need the rest of the state to support their lifestyle.

    3. I think itís funny you think Iím old haha Iíll be kicking for a long time. Youíre going to be waiting quite a while for ďgeezers like me to croakĒ

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tri Borough, so thorough
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    1. I never said I didnít like paying taxes that help society at large. Again, you said that, not me.

    2. I find it funny that you think Iím a Republican
    1. You said, "No, I don't like paying taxes." That's what YOU said, not me. Taxes are in place to help society at large.

    2. Well if it reeks like a Republican and spews lies like a Republican...

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tri Borough, so thorough
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I never said they were similar other than they both have agendas and bias. That is true. The rest you said, not me.
    Just give up. You made a terrible comparison. You lose.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tri Borough, so thorough
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    1. Youíre right, 1 fraudulent vote doesnít impact anyoneís family directly. But a small percentage in targeted areas can negatively impact millions of families directly.

    2. Itís funny your from NY but donít understand itís a perfect example as to why majority votes are awful. But Iím guessing you live in or around the city and thatís why you donít care. The vast majority of the state operates much differently than the city. Yet the city gets nearly all of the resources because they have a high population and need the rest of the state to support their lifestyle.

    3. I think itís funny you think Iím old haha Iíll be kicking for a long time. Youíre going to be waiting quite a while for ďgeezers like me to croakĒ
    So happy for you that you think everything is so funny. But for a majority of Americans, these voter suppression laws are not a laughing matter. I guess that's what privilege entitles you to, eh?

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    1. You said, "No, I don't like paying taxes." That's what YOU said, not me. Taxes are in place to help society at large.

    2. Well if it reeks like a Republican and spews lies like a Republican...
    1. I said I didnít like paying taxes. But I understand their part in a civilized society. I donít like how theyíre spent. Because though intended to help society - they often donít.

    2. Didnít realize you could smell me from your screen. But hate to break it to you sonny, Iím no republican

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    So happy for you that you think everything is so funny. But for a majority of Americans, these voter suppression laws are not a laughing matter. I guess that's what privilege entitles you to, eh?
    Ah yes, my privilege. Cause you know oh so much about me. Do you know what color skin I have?

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    Just give up. You made a terrible comparison. You lose.
    Nope. I didnít. My statement was true.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    So is jaywalking

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Jaywalking is just a fine. If it was max 8 years incarnation, would you risk it?

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Incorrect sir. You lose again. The 14th amendment made states count every person as a full person. Essentially legalizing former slaves to vote as any other citizen can. Eliminating the 3/5ths of a person law.

    19th amendment made it so women would be treated the same as men in this regard.

    The constitution gives states the right to govern federal elections. That is why all states are allowed to have different election laws. The federal government only prescribes things states canít do (discriminate based on age (except for under 21 - then amended to 18), race or sex).

    Iíll ask again - where in the constitution does it say that?
    I never lost in the first place. Nor was I incorrect. I forgot to include the 15th Amandment.

    From the US Constitution:
    14th Amendment, Section 2-
    All men have the Right to vote.

    15th Amendment-
    All men of color have a Right to vote.

    19th Amendment-
    All women also have the Right to vote.

    From the English dictionary:
    Right-
    (noun) a moral entitlement without exception.

    Incase you have trouble again, here's a little pamphlet to help you out. Brought to you by one of your state governments:
    History of Voting in America
    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...=1618441424959

    And you can find the actual language of the Constitution here, again, brought to you by your own government:
    https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/

    It's wild how a non-American has to explain to an American about their own Constitution and Rights. Just because you don't want to have the Right to vote doesn't mean you should push your fascist rhetoric onto others.
    Last edited by RR Cool Jay; 04-14-2021 at 07:21 PM.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by RR Cool Jay View Post
    I never lost in the first place. Nor was I incorrect. I forgot to include the 15th Amandment.

    From the US Constitution:
    14th Amendment, Section 2-
    All men have the Right to vote.

    15th Amendment-
    All men of color have a Right to vote.

    19th Amendment-
    All women also have the Right to vote.

    From the English dictionary:
    Right-
    (noun) a moral entitlement without exception.

    Incase you have trouble again, here's a little pamphlet to help you out. Brought to you by one of your state governments:
    History of Voting in America
    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...=1618441424959

    And you can find the actual language of the Constitution here, again, brought to you by your own government:
    https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/

    It's wild how a non-American has to explain to an American about their own Constitution and Rights. Just because you don't want to have the Right to vote doesn't mean you should push your fascist rhetoric onto others.
    Iím guessing the reason youíre just posting links (that you probably didnít bother to read) is because there is no text stating what you claimed. Iíll continue to wait. Show me where in the constitution it says what you claim. Iíll save you some time... you canít... because itís not actually in there

    City of Champions

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Iím guessing the reason youíre just posting links (that you probably didnít bother to read) is because there is no text stating what you claimed. Iíll continue to wait. Show me where in the constitution it says what you claim. Iíll save you some time... you canít... because itís not actually in there
    Yes it is. You're capable of reading yourself. If you're still having trouble ask your parent for help.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by RR Cool Jay View Post
    Yes it is. You're capable of reading yourself. If you're still having trouble ask your parent for help.
    Show me then. I've read it. I don't see it. Probably because it's not there. If you know where it is just copy and paste it. it's really easy.

    City of Champions

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by RR Cool Jay View Post
    I never lost in the first place. Nor was I incorrect. I forgot to include the 15th Amandment.

    From the US Constitution:
    14th Amendment, Section 2-
    All men have the Right to vote.

    15th Amendment-
    All men of color have a Right to vote.

    19th Amendment-
    All women also have the Right to vote.

    From the English dictionary:
    Right-
    (noun) a moral entitlement without exception.

    Incase you have trouble again, here's a little pamphlet to help you out. Brought to you by one of your state governments:
    History of Voting in America
    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...=1618441424959

    And you can find the actual language of the Constitution here, again, brought to you by your own government:
    https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/

    It's wild how a non-American has to explain to an American about their own Constitution and Rights. Just because you don't want to have the Right to vote doesn't mean you should push your fascist rhetoric onto others.
    Just to refresh your memory, hereís your original comment
    Quote Originally Posted by RR Cool Jay View Post
    If there are exceptions then it's not a Right. It's a Privilege.

    You have to look at what the First and Second Amendment are actually saying. The Right to bear arms is not the same thing as the Right to buy arms.

    Correct. If they're saying you need government-controlled ID to vote, then you no longer have the Right to vote. You're finally understanding.
    Tell me where in the constitution it says you have the right to vote without any exceptions
    Let me help you out

    14th Amendment
    Section 1
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    Does not state all men have the right to vote without exception. This section states.
    1. ALL persons born in the US are citizens of the US, and the state in which the reside
    2. ALL persons are subject to the freedoms, rights and privileges granted by the Federal Government no matter which state they reside

    Section 2
    Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
    Does not state that all men have the right to vote without exception This section states
    1. State Representatives are apportioned to the States based on their number citizens
    2. The number of citizens MUST be counted as full persons - unless under 21 (now 18), they participated in rebellion or committed a crime. (This would constitute an exception)
    (This section is clearly targeted at the 3/5ths law targeted toward black citizens not being counted as whole persons when determining the number of Representatives in each state)

    Section 3
    No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

    Section 4
    The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

    Section 5
    The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
    Nothing here about the right to vote.

    Now let's look at the 15th Amendment, as clearly the 14th did not support your argument

    Section 1
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

    Section 2
    The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
    You cannot deny a person their right to vote based on race, color or previous condition of servitude. Pretty plain on what you cannot deny a persons right to vote on.

    SO letís extrapolate.
    Citizens have the right to vote:
    -Except those under the age of 21
    -Except those who participated in Rebellion
    -Except those who committed a crime
    Citizens CANNOT be denied their right to vote based on race, color or previous conditions of servitude. And later on they add Sex - as you pointed out in the 19th Amendment (very good).

    So the ONLY qualifier to the right to vote (stated directly in the US Constitution) is citizenship (outside of the exceptions outlined in the 14th Amendment).
    There is NOTHING barring a STATE from making a person prove their citizenship to exercise their right to vote.
    This is not mentioned in the Constitution anywhere. And as we know, anything not mentioned in the Constitution, is left for the individual states to decide.
    Unless you can prove me otherwiseÖ
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 04-15-2021 at 06:14 AM.

    City of Champions

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,993
    Thatís a lot of time you wasted, only showing that you donít understand how the law works
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •