Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    The threat is as relevant as a Martian voting. Should we take measures to prevent that? The number of Martian voters is nearly statistically identical.

Your comparison isnít worth addressing as voting is a fundamental right in this country
    It is a right. Never said it wasnít. You can get an ID and still have the right to vote, buy a gun, bear arms or peacefully assemble. Itís really not that hard

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Iím well aware of NY as I also live here. Iím well over the age of 18. Iím a college graduate with a degree higher than a bachelors.

So your take is basically minorities canít think for themselves. Theyíre not educated enough to get an ID or not capable of doing so. Very liberal of you! I can see you think very highly of them.

I myself think any community is more than capable of doing things for themselves. And would if they truly wanted to vote. If they donít want to vote, thatís their right as well. But Iím not going to just assume and entire group of people is incapable/uneducated/or downright to lazy to take the steps necessary in this case as they do with any other aspect of their lives
    Please point to where I said that. Pretty please. Because it seems like you haven't read my post, much like you haven't read up on the topic of voting ID laws.

In short, certain IDs are allowed (ones that white people usually have) and others aren't (ones that non-white people usually have).

Additionally, IT COSTS TIME AND MONEY TO OBTAIN THESE IDS, which minorities groups as a whole, have much less of than white voters.

And how about the rest of my points? Did you conveniently fail to address them or just didn't read the whole post because it was longer than a few sentences?? Do you like paying taxes? Because voting ID laws have cost voters in those states tens of millions of dollars.

This isn't solely my take. This is what organizations like the American Civil Liberties Union (did you learn about that in your precious grad school?) have determined over years and years of research.

Again, take time to read up on this matter because you're coming off like a complete oaf.

It is a right. Never said it wasnít. You can get an ID and still have the right to vote, buy a gun, bear arms or peacefully assemble. Itís really not that hard
    You are creating steps and rules for non existent problems. At that point it becomes illegal

When segments of the population donít have your specified ID, you are infringing on their fundamental rights p
    Last edited by rhino17; 04-13-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

But it actually IS hard for certain people to get the specific types of IDs that certain states require.

And stop glossing over the fact that the need for voting ID laws is absent when voter fraud has been shown time and time again to be a non-issue in US voting.

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    Please point to where I said that. Pretty please. Because it seems like you haven't read my post, much like you haven't read up on the topic of voting ID laws.

In short, certain IDs are allowed (ones that white people usually have) and others aren't (ones that non-white people usually have).

Additionally, IT COSTS TIME AND MONEY TO OBTAIN THESE IDS, which minorities groups as a whole, have much less of than white voters.

And how about the rest of my points? Did you conveniently fail to address them or just didn't read the whole post because it was longer than a few sentences?? Do you like paying taxes? Because voting ID laws have cost voters in those states tens of millions of dollars.

This isn't solely my take. This is what organizations like the American Civil Liberties Union (did you learn about that in your precious grad school?) have determined over years and years of research.

Again, take time to read up on this matter because you're coming off like a complete oaf.
    Ah yes. Now minorities are dumb, lazy, uneducated, and poor. Completely incapable of doing things white people can... youíre a real champion for them! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You are creating steps and rules for non existent problems. At that point it becomes illegal

When segments of the population donít have your specified ID, you are infringing on their fundamental rights p
    oH bUt ThErE iS a PrObLeM -- tOo MaNy ReD sTaTeS aRe TuRnInG bLuE!!!

If only people could walk a mile, nay, a block in someone else's shoes they'd realize how unnecessary and flagrantly targeted these laws are. Talk about privilege.

Ah yes. Now minorities are dumb, lazy, uneducated, and poor. Completely incapable of doing things white people can... youíre a real champion for them! Keep it up!
    So you didn't actually point to anything I wrote, just spewed more horse $h!t from your caveman breathing hole.

DO SOME RESEARCH YOU ABSOLUTE TWAT!

Since you refuse to act like a "college graduate with a degree higher than a bachelors," I'll show you where you can learn something: https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-vo...ion-fact-sheet
    Last edited by colinskik; 04-13-2021 at 06:35 PM.

How about answering my other question: Do you want to pay more taxes?

Speaking of dumb and lazy....

In my state (NY) it's with a signature.

I understand why people like yourself support voter ID laws, and that's because you haven't done enough research on the topic. I, too, once thought it made basic common sense to have to show an ID when you vote, much like you have to show ID to get into a bar! I mean, isn't voting more important than getting into a bar?

But then I turned 18 and actually read up on the issue. You should also try that, unless you're 17, in which case you'll eventually see the light, kid.

The underlying problem is that voter ID laws discourage people from ever going to the polls in the first place, and that discouraged population is overwhelmingly a minority one who will undoubtedly vote Democratic.

Another problem is the type of IDs that certain states require and which types of IDs they don't accept. Guess what? This again targets minority groups who don't hold these types of IDs in the same numbers that white voters do. And it's not as easy as saying, "Oh, let me get one of those IDs." No. It usually costs money and time, which minority groups have much less of.

Are you sensing a theme yet?

Listen, much, much smarter people than you or I have concocted these absurd laws for one reason and one reason alone. It's not a coincidence that voting ID laws disproportionately target minorities. That's the goal!

Not to mention the entire stated reasoning behind these laws is to prevent something that almost never happens. As the ACLU puts it, they are "A Solution in Search of a Problem."

And do we want to talk about the cost levied on taxpayers in states pushing voting ID laws? Indiana spent $10 million to just produce ID cards. Don't you Republicans hate taxes??

Nice posts. Unfortunately, you are attempting an intelligent conversation with a brick wall.

How about answering my other question: Do you want to pay more taxes?
    Funny that a liberal would be asking that question. Itís really, really funny.

If only there were a way to initiate new programs without raising taxes. Nah, not possible right?

So you didn't actually point to anything I wrote, just spewed more horse $h!t from your caveman breathing hole.

DO SOME RESEARCH YOU ABSOLUTE TWAT!

Since you refuse to act like a "college graduate with a degree higher than a bachelors," I'll show you where you can learn something: https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-vo...ion-fact-sheet
    Could there be a more bias link? Letís talk about Trumps initiatives, I can direct you to his website for some educational facts that are not bias at all!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Speaking of dumb and lazy....
    Boom -- got 'em! But for real ... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Nice posts. Unfortunately, you are attempting an intelligent conversation with a brick wall.
    Thanks, dude. I'm understanding that very quickly.

Could there be a more bias link? Letís talk about Trumps initiatives, I can direct you to his website for some educational facts that are not bias at all!
    You're seriously comparing the ACLU to Trump?? Go ahead and bury your head back in the sand, presumably somewhere in SI.
    Last edited by colinskik; 04-13-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Funny that a liberal would be asking that question. Itís really, really funny.

If only there were a way to initiate new programs without raising taxes. Nah, not possible right?
    So are you going to ever answer a question or just keep deflecting? You're the problem with America. You and you alone.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast