Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You can counterfeit a state issued ID very easily as well. Anyone who has some familiarity with photoshop could pull it off.

Man you really enjoy arguing inconsequential things, don't you? 35 cases of voter fraud in a state of 7.6 million registered voters needs to take up this much of your time in justifying its reformation? I would love to see how you argue things that actually matter.

Then again, I'm not sold you understand the motives for why this law was changed anyway. It's your insistence that it has to do with election integrity and security, meanwhile the evidence proves that the election(s) in Georgia were overwhelmingly secure. You keep talking about preventative security measures in regards to protecting our future elections and all I see is meaningless drivel.

https://www.kxan.com/news/us-politic...xperts-report/

31 cases of impersonation fraud in over 1 billion votes casted from 2000 to 2014. Something you've been harping on for pages about. OMG, how could we have let that happen? Why haven't we addressed it sooner?

With that type of tunnel vision, it's probably best that you stuck to a premise you suggested 2 pages ago and stop responding to me.
    The lie you keep spreading as if there has been a mass audit to the validity of each and every vote. You are just too much. LOL
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by RR Cool Jay View Post
    Sure. Just ignore the fact that that is a federal crime subject to 8 years behind bars. That's why you have to declare yourself.
    So because there is a law that means it's not broken? Gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So because there is a law that means it's not broken? Gotcha!
    Exactly. Declaring yourself as someone else during an election is a crime.
    Last edited by RR Cool Jay; 04-13-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Except there are exceptions in certain states that require an ID. So if the right to vote, and the first and second amendments also have certain requirements- I guess we just have no rights then?
    If there are exceptions then it's not a Right. It's a Privilege.

You have to look at what the First and Second Amendment are actually saying. The Right to bear arms is not the same thing as the Right to buy arms.

Correct. If they're saying you need government-controlled ID to vote, then you no longer have the Right to vote. You're finally understanding.

Exactly. Declaring yourself as someone else during an election is a crime.
    No one argued otherwise. Way to strawman. Top notch!

Sure. Just ignore the fact that that is a federal crime subject to 8 years behind bars. That's why you have to declare yourself.
    Such a bad argument. 1. Thereís no punishment if youíre never caught. 2. Thereís serious punishment for all sorts of crimes yet people still commit them

City of Champions

If there are exceptions then it's not a Right. It's a Privilege.

You have to look at what the First and Second Amendment are actually saying. The Right to bear arms is not the same thing as the Right to buy arms.

Correct. If they're saying you need government-controlled ID to vote, then you no longer have the Right to vote. You're finally understanding.
    Tell me where in the constitution it says you have the right to vote without any exceptions

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You can counterfeit a state issued ID very easily as well. Anyone who has some familiarity with photoshop could pull it off.

Man you really enjoy arguing inconsequential things, don't you? 35 cases of voter fraud in a state of 7.6 million registered voters needs to take up this much of your time in justifying its reformation? I would love to see how you argue things that actually matter.

Then again, I'm not sold you understand the motives for why this law was changed anyway. It's your insistence that it has to do with election integrity and security, meanwhile the evidence proves that the election(s) in Georgia were overwhelmingly secure. You keep talking about preventative security measures in regards to protecting our future elections and all I see is meaningless drivel.

https://www.kxan.com/news/us-politic...xperts-report/

31 cases of impersonation fraud in over 1 billion votes casted from 2000 to 2014. Something you've been harping on for pages about. OMG, how could we have let that happen? Why haven't we addressed it sooner?

With that type of tunnel vision, it's probably best that you stuck to a premise you suggested 2 pages ago and stop responding to me.
    A voter ID would be connected to a voter registry database. Therefor would need to be scanned and accepted. Thatís not something you can simply counterfeit with simple photoshop. Nice try

Tell me where in the constitution it says you have the right to vote without any exceptions
    Right (noun) a moral entitlement without exception.

Right (noun) a moral entitlement without exception.
    Where in the constitution does it say that?

A voter ID would be connected to a voter registry database. Therefor would need to be scanned and accepted. Thatís not something you can simply counterfeit with simple photoshop. Nice try
    I've never once shown and ID to vote in my entire life

You are creating solutions to problems that don't exist.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I've never once shown and ID to vote in my entire life

You are creating solutions to problems that don't exist.
    The threat of voter fraud absolutely exists. Just as the threat of someone breaking into your house exists. It may not be an actual problem at the moment, but Iím willing to bet that doesnít stop you from locking your doors

City of Champions

The threat of voter fraud absolutely exists. Just as the threat of someone breaking into your house exists. It may not be an actual problem at the moment, but Iím willing to bet that doesnít stop you from locking your doors
    The threat is as relevant as a Martian voting. Should we take measures to prevent that? The number of Martian voters is nearly statistically identical.

Your comparison isnít worth addressing as voting is a fundamental right in this country
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

You tell me then. How does one prove who they are without an ID?
    In my state (NY) it's with a signature.

I understand why people like yourself support voter ID laws, and that's because you haven't done enough research on the topic. I, too, once thought it made basic common sense to have to show an ID when you vote, much like you have to show ID to get into a bar! I mean, isn't voting more important than getting into a bar?

But then I turned 18 and actually read up on the issue. You should also try that, unless you're 17, in which case you'll eventually see the light, kid.

The underlying problem is that voter ID laws discourage people from ever going to the polls in the first place, and that discouraged population is overwhelmingly a minority one who will undoubtedly vote Democratic.

Another problem is the type of IDs that certain states require and which types of IDs they don't accept. Guess what? This again targets minority groups who don't hold these types of IDs in the same numbers that white voters do. And it's not as easy as saying, "Oh, let me get one of those IDs." No. It usually costs money and time, which minority groups have much less of.

Are you sensing a theme yet?

Listen, much, much smarter people than you or I have concocted these absurd laws for one reason and one reason alone. It's not a coincidence that voting ID laws disproportionately target minorities. That's the goal!

Not to mention the entire stated reasoning behind these laws is to prevent something that almost never happens. As the ACLU puts it, they are "A Solution in Search of a Problem."

And do we want to talk about the cost levied on taxpayers in states pushing voting ID laws? Indiana spent $10 million to just produce ID cards. Don't you Republicans hate taxes??

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    In my state (NY) it's with a signature.

I understand why people like yourself support voter ID laws, and that's because you haven't done enough research on the topic. I, too, once thought it made basic common sense to have to show an ID when you vote, much like you have to show ID to get into a bar! I mean, isn't voting more important than getting into a bar?

But then I turned 18 and actually read up on the issue. You should also try that, unless you're 17, in which case you'll eventually see the light, kid.

The underlying problem is that voter ID laws discourage people from ever going to the polls in the first place, and that discouraged population is overwhelmingly a minority one who will undoubtedly vote Democratic.

Another problem is the type of IDs that certain states require and which types of IDs they don't accept. Guess what? This again targets minority groups who don't hold these types of IDs in the same numbers that white voters do. And it's not as easy as saying, "Oh, let me get one of those IDs." No. It usually costs money and time, which minority groups have much less of.

Are you sensing a theme yet?

Listen, much, much smarter people than you or I have concocted these absurd laws for one reason and one reason alone. It's not a coincidence that voting ID laws disproportionately target minorities. That's the goal!

Not to mention the entire stated reasoning behind these laws is to prevent something that almost never happens. As the ACLU puts it, they are "A Solution in Search of a Problem."

And do we want to talk about the cost levied on taxpayers in states pushing voting ID laws? Indiana spent $10 million to just produce ID cards. Don't you Republicans hate taxes??
    Iím well aware of NY as I also live here. Iím well over the age of 18. Iím a college graduate with a degree higher than a bachelors.

So your take is basically minorities canít think for themselves. Theyíre not educated enough to get an ID or not capable of doing so. Very liberal of you! I can see you think very highly of them.

I myself think any community is more than capable of doing things for themselves. And would if they truly wanted to vote. If they donít want to vote, thatís their right as well. But Iím not going to just assume and entire group of people is incapable/uneducated/or downright to lazy to take the steps necessary in this case as they do with any other aspect of their lives

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast