Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    No you don't. That's why they are finally using common sense and making it a law where you do. The new law requires an ID for in person voting and mail in voting. All states should do this. I'm 59 years old and have never shown an ID. In fact, I don't know anyone who has. If we had to show ID, we would. Right now we don't.
    For anyone who cares about actual facts, the new law allows for 17 early voting days, and an optional 2 more that could be used on Sundays if a particular voting district wants to use them.

That is far more early voting than most other states. NJ has 9, Delaware has 0 (as do another 11 states). Where's the outrage in those states?

If you really care about this, read the bill - it's almost 100 pages so I am sure many won't take the time, but it actually provides more options for voting THAN EVER BEFORE.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    For anyone who cares about actual facts, the new law allows for 17 early voting days, and an optional 2 more that could be used on Sundays if a particular voting district wants to use them.

That is far more early voting than most other states. NJ has 9, Delaware has 0 (as do another 11 states). Where's the outrage in those states?

If you really care about this, read the bill - it's almost 100 pages so I am sure many won't take the time, but it actually provides more options for voting THAN EVER BEFORE.
    I'm on your side. You're preaching to the choir

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Oh this is so funny

What date is qanon targeting now as the official date Trump will be sworn in?
    September 34th mark it down get the popcorn and the storm is coming, get ready patriots Sydney Poweel and Lin Wood plus the pillow guy got all the evidence and it will go to the supreme council **** the Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Oh this is so funny

What date is qanon targeting now as the official date Trump will be sworn in?
    Wait until you see more of his PSD output.

Texas Governor Abbott, like Kemp and DeSantis of Florida, wont be mistaken for a rocket scientist, declined to throw out the first pitch today in Texas in protest of MLB moving the game out of a GA. He might want to focus on his power grid first before he worries about all star games.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    you need help...get it soon
    The irony in this statement. The irony in saying MLB believed a lie lol. A lie is the reason why the unnecessary reforms in Georgia came into existence in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The irony in this statement. The irony in saying MLB believed a lie lol. A lie is the reason why the unnecessary reforms in Georgia came into existence in the first place.
    Biden lied, MLB swallowed, and now the folks of Georgia pay for that lie. Plain and simple.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Biden lied, MLB swallowed, and now the folks of Georgia pay for that lie. Plain and simple.
    Biden lied... That is precious. If only the former Potus could have been reelected we would have retained his honest truth telling ways. The people of GA can elect different representatives if they deem that their current legislature hurts them economically.

Sounds like capitalism to me. MLB looked at the market and saw that having the game in Georgia was a financial loser.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The law targets people who try to commit voter fraud.
    which doesn't exist. We may as well invest in preventing Martians from voting.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

No the Georgia GOP bought into Trump's ******** and wanted to make sure the state didn't become consistently blue. Easiest way to do that is voter suppression.

Game moved to Denver
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Are you really saying that "a lot" of elderly black can't get an ID?

So in other words, they have never done the following things.

Bought booze. Bought cigs. Rented or purchased a home. Opened up a bank account. Applied for food stamps, welfare, SS/medicare. Applied for unemployment. Bought, rent, or drive a car. Boarded a plane. Got married. Bought a gun. Rented a hotel room. Applied for any kind of license. There's many more.

Allowing people that can't prove who they are when voting is just another way to cheat. That's why the politicians on the left want to keep it that way. It's mind boggling that it's taken this long to turn common sense in to a law. And you should NEVER be able to approach someone in line waiting to vote. The bottle of water is the excuse to talk to them.
    That's exactly what I'm saying.

With Georgia, 6 states now have a strict photo ID requirement to vote. 3 states have a strict non-photo ID requirement. 24 states have an ID request (not requirement). The rest don't have a law at all. Estimated 13% of Americans don't have a government issued photo ID. Most of them live in the south.

Whether somebody bought a house or booze is beside the point. Even if people can't get government issued ID, some have a right to not want to get ID. These people who choose not to, still have a right to vote. To say that they don't have that right is voter suppression.

What are you not understanding here?
    Last edited by TheFanGuy; 04-05-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    Whether somebody bought a house or booze is beside the point. Even if people can't get government issued ID, some have a right to not want to get ID. These people who choose not to, still have a right to vote. To say that they don't have that right is voter suppression.

What are you not understanding here?
    It should be rules to having an ID to vote. Your example is like saying 15 year olds should be able to buy guns just because they have the 2nd amendment & that is their constitutional right. Well, why can't they? Oh yea because there is a rule stating you must be a certain age to buy a fire arm.

The only thing about the ID requirement I don't like is I think if you're a citizen in this country you should get a free I.D. If you make it free there should be no reason why you can not get one.
    Dodgers Fan since 1982

Anybody else think that this + potential strike in 2022 season could be very damaging to the game?

I'm sure there will be many people who don't watch baseball because of the All Star Game moving. Will they stop watching for good? I'm sure some will but could be super small overall.

But I think a lot of people while not happy about the All Star Game moving will still watch this season but are just waiting for another reason to stop. And that reason could be a strike. Another strike could be a disaster for MLB before this whole thing in Atlanta happened.

Me personally I could get turned off if a strike happens and I'm a very big fan. Big difference between the strike in 94 vs 2022 was in 94 I was just a kid. Now I'm an adult with a bunch of MLB players that are about an average of 10 years younger than me. Looking up to players is a thing of the past.
    Dodgers Fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Game moved to Denver
    Hey, do you know if they require id to vote in Colorado?

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast