Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 351
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,205
    Good for the MLB. The right move. The minority over dramatic critics will say itís being woke or something hilarious but the majority supports the move.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,694
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    The only voter fraud in Georgia was the former president's attempt to execute a mass voter fraud scheme. Cognitive dissonance to the max. Giving water in line promotes fraud? Good one. The right wing from every era always thinks the progressive are woke. Abe Lincoln was woke, MLK et al. All woke people.
    It's dumb. What's stopping me from requesting mail in ballots for my entire family and filling them out myself? Absolutely nothing. And asking for ID should be a common sense thing, but that doesn't happen either.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,710
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    The Democrats were a conservative party before the 1960s. The parties switched platforms during the Civil Rights era.
    I know. I was pointing it out to thinkblue15 who said there was no party switch.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    106,058
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Seriously? By using a straw man (voter fraud) to make it much more difficult to vote efficiently (reasonable lines) in major metro areas (predominantly democratic leaning constituents) and throwing impediments up for efficient mail in ballots (seems to work great in 100 percent only mail in Utah). Making it illegal to hand out water in long lines specifically created by said legislation and by limiting drop boxes to make it more difficult to drop off mail in ballots. Are you just playing dumb or was this a serious ****ing question.
    You can give these people 1 million reasons and they still donít care or see it what it truly is.

    Also stop Sunday voting because of religion when we know that in the south many black voters vote in Sunday after church services and are driven in buses to to polls in such programs like souls to the polls because many are older black people who canít drive to polls or have other transportation. These programs would also feed them and give them water so now if you do is a crime.

    Again no such problems in predominantly white polling places where enough polling places are located for anybody to vote, but they will close down dozens and dozens of them in dem areas like Atlanta and make it a whole day thing if you want to vote. Spend 6-8 hours on line and since you canít just vote by mail is either that or skip the voting.

    We seen these Jim Crow laws for years now , in NC they were overturned after court shows that they were surgically making it harder for black people to vote. They are trying it again in many places and it started in Georgia because they only did not get their electoral votes for the republicans but lost 2 senate seats and they will do their best so that wonít happen again.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You can give these people 1 million reasons and they still donít care or see it what it truly is.

    Also stop Sunday voting because of religion when we know that in the south many black voters vote in Sunday after church services and are driven in buses to to polls in such programs like souls to the polls because many are older black people who canít drive to polls or have other transportation. These programs would also feed them and give them water so now if you do is a crime.

    Again no such problems in predominantly white polling places where enough polling places are located for anybody to vote, but they will close down dozens and dozens of them in dem areas like Atlanta and make it a whole day thing if you want to vote. Spend 6-8 hours on line and since you canít just vote by mail is either that or skip the voting.

    We seen these Jim Crow laws for years now , in NC they were overturned after court shows that they were surgically making it harder for black people to vote. They are trying it again in many places and it started in Georgia because they only did not get their electoral votes for the republicans but lost 2 senate seats and they will do their best so that wonít happen again.
    Very well put sir! Create a straw man (voter fraud) then hammer actual legitimate voters of color in urban areas over the head and discourage voting in anyway possible. And please remember not to hand someone who has been standing in line for 6 hours a little bottle of water. Hydration = voter fraud

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    39,726
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Good. MLB will continue to die with this politicizing ********.. Bunch of ignorant cowards.
    Lol ok.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    39,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    I saw a poll lately where 1000 kids on a college campus were asked if they could push a button and vote 1000 times during the last election, would they do it. 77% said they would. If you think people are not cheating, you are either lying to yourself or gullible. We have to tighten up our elections or they will become the biggest farce ever. I am not blaming one side or the other, but if people can get away with cheating they will in most cases. This law was put into effect to ensure or at least try to keep the voting on the up and up. The term "Voter Suppression" means that you are not allowing a person to vote. If you are telling me a bottle of water and mail in ballots are the things that decide whether or not you vote, than maybe you should reconsider just how important voting is.
    There was no evidence of any substantial voter fraud to spur a "tightening up of our elections." It was less than 1% from this past election if I remember correctly. Pretty minuscule.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,270
    What a joke mlb.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,436
    Private enterprise is free to do what it likes and what is in the interest of its business and employees so long as it is not in violation of the law.

    Whatís the problem?

    If you donít like what said private enterprise is doing, feel free to patronize another business.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,634
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Good. MLB will continue to die with this politicizing ********.. Bunch of ignorant cowards.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,634
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Oh I'm not crumbling. If the MLB are going to be little *****es and bow to these worthless people who don't understand reading comprehension, then **** em. Let em burn.
    You strike me as a very stable and wise person.


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You can give these people 1 million reasons and they still donít care or see it what it truly is.

    Also stop Sunday voting because of religion when we know that in the south many black voters vote in Sunday after church services and are driven in buses to to polls in such programs like souls to the polls because many are older black people who canít drive to polls or have other transportation. These programs would also feed them and give them water so now if you do is a crime.

    Again no such problems in predominantly white polling places where enough polling places are located for anybody to vote, but they will close down dozens and dozens of them in dem areas like Atlanta and make it a whole day thing if you want to vote. Spend 6-8 hours on line and since you canít just vote by mail is either that or skip the voting.

    We seen these Jim Crow laws for years now , in NC they were overturned after court shows that they were surgically making it harder for black people to vote. They are trying it again in many places and it started in Georgia because they only did not get their electoral votes for the republicans but lost 2 senate seats and they will do their best so that wonít happen again.
    Try reading the actual bill. It codifies the ability to request a mail in ballot without any reason. It does not make it illegal to get water, it makes it illegal for partisans to give 'anything' within the normal polling location. It codifies having drop boxes that didn't exist in law before the covid fiasco.

    Go read the legislation and stop spreading the lies and talking points coming from the white house and media drones.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    264
    You gotta give Manfred credit for this. There's no way all the owners agreed to this and the players may be one way or the other. But if it was left to the players, whether the game stayed in Atlanta or not, there would've been a lot of uncomfortable questions.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    264
    The Braves take is terrible.

    "Unfortunately, businesses, employees and fans in Georgia are the victims of this decision."

    Do better Atlanta. This decision is a consequence of your state government. If you're going to blame anyone, blame the GOP. The film industry is about to boycott Georgia too. They employee about 150,000-200,000 people. Georgia is going to get hit hard.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    The Braves take is terrible.

    "Unfortunately, businesses, employees and fans in Georgia are the victims of this decision."

    Do better Atlanta. This decision is a consequence of your state government. If you're going to blame anyone, blame the GOP. The film industry is about to boycott Georgia too. They employee about 150,000-200,000 people. Georgia is going to get hit hard.
    Agree. Companies have the right to vote with their pocketbook.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •