Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 351
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,965
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    A lot of elder black people in Georgia don't have ID and it's very difficult for them to get ID. They should still have a right to vote. Birth certificates weren't issued to black people born in the US until sometime after WW2 depending on the state because, you know, racism. Do Americans not know their own history? You're saying now these people who were never issued birth certificates and have a difficult time obtaining government issued ID because of it, shouldn't vote? THAT in itself is racist. On top of it people are discouraged to come out by a reduction of ballot boxes and a complete restriction of receiving water. That's called voter suppression. Utter nonsense. MLB did the right thing.
    Bingo!!!

    And again many of these elder people who donít tribe and canít make it to a polling station because you know they close most of them only can go to vote after church when many programs are set to drive them to the polls. So eliminate that on sundays and then make it illegal for those people to give you water and guess what happens?

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,965
    These laws are not written with explicit language that say we donít want blacks to vote or younger people but when you see what they do it sure as hell targets them and the reason is pretty damn clear.

    Georgia had zero issues with their elections this cycle except for the president calling the elected officials to try and change the results in his favor which is actually fraud. They had 3 counts of votes and nothing change but the big lie has led to massive changes in laws to make sure that in the future they get the results they want.

    This is North Carolina again when the Supreme Court ruled that in fact that laws targeted with surgical precision voters of color.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,208
    The law targets people who try to commit voter fraud.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    106
    if they didnt move the game they would have had half the players protest and sit out so there hand was more or less forced

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The law targets people who try to commit voter fraud.
    not true

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The law targets people who try to commit voter fraud.
    The only one who attempted to commit voter fraud is the former president with that phone call. The state already has laws in place for attempted voter fraud and is likely to be criminally charged.
    Last edited by TheFanGuy; 04-04-2021 at 10:43 PM.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    The Braves take is 100% spot on

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    No. The Braves take is terrible and the mayor of Atlanta agrees with MLB

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,973
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    So why wouldn't we want to require an ID to vote? We need one for just about everything we do. Why would it be ok to approach somebody in line waiting to vote? It's not ok. It's not about a bottle of water. It's about walking up to somebody in line and talking to them. These are laws to prevent cheating. Not prevent people from voting.

    If I was black, I would be so offended and pissed off about the way this is being handled. The left is literally saying that many black people won't be able to vote because they need an ID. WTF is that all about? How insulting is it to imply that a black person can't get an ID? Or won't get an ID? Or isn't capable of getting an ID? That in itself is racist.

    Needing an ID to vote is just so common sense. Corruption is a certainty without it. I work with a guy who went to vote after he got off of work last November, and they told him that he already voted. He didn't get to vote. I'm quite certain it happens all the time. Show a ****ing ID, or you don't vote!!!
    You have created a straw man of the highest order. You already need an ID to vote in person. The changes mostly affect the availability of voting hours and reduces the amount of early voting, specifically Sunday's when a lot of black parishioners would travel together for early voting. The idea is to create super long lines in the big urban areas and limit the voting as much as possible to work hours. Good for discouraging turnout. In Texas they are trying to pass a GOP bill to do away with the big supercenters such as basketballs stadiums etc. The reason is simple - discourage people in the blue areas from voting. The modern GOP is inherently an anti-democracy entity (see insurrection, former POTUS telling election officials to find votes, refusing to accept the will of the people in last election). You wont see this because the cognitive dissonance in the modern day GOP is stronger than the force with Yoda.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,973
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The law targets people who try to commit voter fraud.
    So they are going after the former president? Good to know

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,030
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    A lot of elder black people in Georgia don't have ID and it's very difficult for them to get ID. They should still have a right to vote. Birth certificates weren't issued to black people born in the US until sometime after WW2 depending on the state because, you know, racism. Do Americans not know their own history? You're saying now these people who were never issued birth certificates and have a difficult time obtaining government issued ID because of it, shouldn't vote? THAT in itself is racist. On top of it people are discouraged to come out by a reduction of ballot boxes and a complete restriction of receiving water. That's called voter suppression. Utter nonsense. MLB did the right thing.
    Are you really saying that "a lot" of elderly black can't get an ID?

    So in other words, they have never done the following things.

    Bought booze. Bought cigs. Rented or purchased a home. Opened up a bank account. Applied for food stamps, welfare, SS/medicare. Applied for unemployment. Bought, rent, or drive a car. Boarded a plane. Got married. Bought a gun. Rented a hotel room. Applied for any kind of license. There's many more.

    Allowing people that can't prove who they are when voting is just another way to cheat. That's why the politicians on the left want to keep it that way. It's mind boggling that it's taken this long to turn common sense in to a law. And you should NEVER be able to approach someone in line waiting to vote. The bottle of water is the excuse to talk to them.
    Last edited by thawv; 04-05-2021 at 07:37 AM.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,030
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    You have created a straw man of the highest order. You already need an ID to vote in person. The changes mostly affect the availability of voting hours and reduces the amount of early voting, specifically Sunday's when a lot of black parishioners would travel together for early voting. The idea is to create super long lines in the big urban areas and limit the voting as much as possible to work hours. Good for discouraging turnout. In Texas they are trying to pass a GOP bill to do away with the big supercenters such as basketballs stadiums etc. The reason is simple - discourage people in the blue areas from voting. The modern GOP is inherently an anti-democracy entity (see insurrection, former POTUS telling election officials to find votes, refusing to accept the will of the people in last election). You wont see this because the cognitive dissonance in the modern day GOP is stronger than the force with Yoda.
    No you don't. That's why they are finally using common sense and making it a law where you do. The new law requires an ID for in person voting and mail in voting. All states should do this. I'm 59 years old and have never shown an ID. In fact, I don't know anyone who has. If we had to show ID, we would. Right now we don't.
    Last edited by thawv; 04-05-2021 at 08:01 AM.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    It's dumb. What's stopping me from requesting mail in ballots for my entire family and filling them out myself? Absolutely nothing. And asking for ID should be a common sense thing, but that doesn't happen either.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Exactly....the outrage and allegations over "voter suppression" just fall in line with whatever narrative is floated out there, and the woke crowd lines up for a good opportunity to scream about something else to be offended by.

    It has NEVER been easier to vote. Early voting, vote by mail, have both made it incredibly easy to get your vote in, regardless of where you live, what your working hours are, whether you are disabled and have trouble getting around, etc.

    You need an ID for just about any process or service of value in the world. Why is it so difficult to provide evidence of who you are?

    Ask yourself why any party would want to NOT verify someone's identity? Surely the answer to that question is more disturbing than whether or not someone has to bring their own water to a long line.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,969
    This is bad and will continue to hurt the game.

    MLB believed a lie and many here are propagating that lie.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    45,684
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This is bad and will continue to hurt the game.

    MLB believed a lie and many here are propagating that lie.
    Oh this is so funny

    What date is qanon targeting now as the official date Trump will be sworn in?

  15. #105
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Oh this is so funny

    What date is qanon targeting now as the official date Trump will be sworn in?
    you need help...get it soon
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •