Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Look at that. You still tip toed around the question with another nonsensical rant.
    Lol I actually answered the question, unlike you how far in 2-3 days for you and still nothing? Your hypocrisy and trolling was to be expected though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oakland, CA to give $500 per month to low income non-white families

Nope, just sharing my opinion.

No property is greater than people? So what did you think of the rioting and looting as a response to the murder of George Floyd?
    It was bad, some people absolutely went over the top in said rioting and looting.

I have called out multiple people on this forum that have tried using association to some committing bad acts to diminish the peaceful protesting and overall message though. I support those actually trying for change in a meaningful way and think itís an important message.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    All my arguments stand just as well if its privately funded or public. Makes no diff. Systemic racism is still the same, the effects of that systemic racism is still the same, and the situations it puts minorities in is still the same.

I dont think it being private or public has any bearing on any argument me or r johnson put forward.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Systematic racism hasnít been denied but as has been covered no matter which option it was never a solution to the systematic problems that exist.

I have no idea what his argument even is lol. Heís been refusing to answer basic questions or have a real discussion and instead continually trolls.

If you donít see the difference between government incorporating a safety net for low income people then specifically excluding one race from being a part of it and a private fund choosing to help who they see fit as different well I guess that the issue then. Many people will see the government welfare system and our private choices as separate things. For example I care about many different ways in which the government implements policy and pays for it, I donít care what my neighbor (or his business) does with their own $ though.

Last edited by mngopher35; 03-29-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Systematic racism hasnít been denied but as has been covered no matter which option it was never a solution to the systematic problems that exist.

I have no idea what his argument even is lol. Heís been refusing to answer basic questions or have a real discussion and instead continually trolls.

If you donít see the difference between government incorporating a safety net for low income people then specifically excluding one race from being a part of it and a private fund choosing to help who they see fit as different well I guess that the issue then. Many people will see the government welfare system and our private choices as separate things. For example I care about many different ways in which the government implements policy and pays for it, I donít care what my neighbor (or his business) does with their own $ though.

It IS a solution to the systemic problem that exists. It may not be ideal, you may not agree with it, but it is a solution.

I do.see a difference between govt funding vs private funding, but i dont see what bearing it has on any arguments brought forth. If your issue with this is the racism, then what diff does it make whether its govt funded or private? The issue is still there in either scenario.

Do you oppose affirmative action the same way you oppose this?

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

lol, yup. I dont even agree with this thing, but the fact that people.here arent even comprehending where the city is coming from just reiterates the idea of white privilege.

Minorities live in a system which is bias against them. White people live in a system bias for them. Stop crying whenever things are targeted to help minorities.

Lmfao give me a break

It IS a solution to the systemic problem that exists. It may not be ideal, you may not agree with it, but it is a solution.

I do.see a difference between govt funding vs private funding, but i dont see what bearing it has on any arguments brought forth. If your issue with this is the racism, then what diff does it make whether its govt funded or private? The issue is still there in either scenario.

Do you oppose affirmative action the same way you oppose this?

It would at best be a bandaid to the issue but it isnít solving the systematic issues discussed. It is being used to try and make up for them but they would still be there.

It makes a difference if people are being excluded specifically because of race from receiving benefits if they fit the criteria of low wage/are in desperate need like others fitting said criteria. You would actively be denying to those in most desperate of situations/need based solely on there race. It doesnít distinguish in any way those that have been negatively affected by the system or not it just brings it down to their race.

A private person/entity isnít associated with said welfare system nor is it up to them to provide for people in need (something we expect of our govt). Thatís a massive difference in this discussion because they are choosing to help whoever they want and govt is expected to have policy in place for all people. This is not excluding people from basic help within our welfare system it is a choice on helping who they want to help. Thatís the difference in the situations.

Affirmative action does not mean that white people are denied access to go to college based on their race. Itís again different than the initial scenario and I am not overly against it in the same way (although there may be better options still worth discussing). The issue was if it was touted as a government assistance program to help low income families and then said ďexcept white peopleĒ. That appears to not be the case but itís not the same as private or anything else people keep trying to associate it with.

It's a yes or no question. No need to go on one of your rants while at the same time accusing me of going on said rants. The fact that you're struggling to give a simple yes or no answer shows that you really have no idea how racism works.
    It's still racist on its basis...but as taxpayers, we have a say in how our taxes are spent, we don't have a say in what private citizens do with theirs.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

lol, yup. I dont even agree with this thing, but the fact that people.here arent even comprehending where the city is coming from just reiterates the idea of white privilege.

Minorities live in a system which is bias against them. White people live in a system bias for them. Stop crying whenever things are targeted to help minorities.

perfectly summed up. 18 pages and some people still arent comprehending it. Agree with it or disagree with it, the logic behind it is simple to understand.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Haha and even more telling us what we must think.

No property is not greater than people. You just donít understand the argument because you are too busy trolling.

It was bad, some people absolutely went over the top in said rioting and looting.

I have called out multiple people on this forum that have tried using association to some committing bad acts to diminish the peaceful protesting and overall message though. I support those actually trying for change in a meaningful way and think itís an important message.

That's weird, I thought no property is greater than people? Yet here you are saying that people went too far by destroying property as a response to the murder of a human being? What's that I smell? Ah yes, it's ********.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

That's weird, I thought no property is greater than people? Yet here you are saying that people went too far by destroying property as a response to the murder of a human being? What's that I smell? Ah yes, it's ********.
    How does that equate to putting property ahead of people?
    You do understand there are different levels of bad....as in rioting and destroying property is bad, murder is worse.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You do understand there are different levels of bad....as in rioting and destroying property is bad, murder is worse.
    He couldnít even keep an argument straight. Heís definitely not capable of a nuanced take.

Yankees Farm System

Lol I never said it was more important than anything in that. This is just your dumb trolling which has been going on all thread. You just want to paint everyone who disagrees you as ďright wingersĒ and make up our stances for us.

Again I specifically called out the rioters/looters. Those individual people were doing bad things, it does t make the property they destroyed worth more. These people were taking away from the message and doing bad things it isnít about property more important at all. I specifically noted the more important aspect of those peaceful protesting the injustice/issues. Floyd is far from the first and wasnít the last and the changes being called for were the most important things. People looking to just cause chaos and steal things were not helping said message, thatís part of the issue. Nice try on your lame attempts though

Last edited by mngopher35; 03-29-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Heís just trolling...

Haha and even more telling us what we must think.

No property is not greater than people. You just donít understand the argument because you are too busy trolling.

Lol I never said it was more important than anything in that. This is just your dumb trolling which has been going on all thread. You just want to paint everyone who disagrees you as ďright wingersĒ and make up our stances for us.

Again I specifically called out the rioters/looters. Those individual people were doing bad things, it does t make the property they destroyed worth more. These people were taking away from the message and doing bad things it isnít about property more important at all. I specifically noted the more important aspect of those peaceful protesting the injustice/issues. Floyd is far from the first and wasnít the last and the changes being called for were the most important things. People looking to just cause chaos and steal things were not helping said message, thatís part of the issue. Nice try on your lame attempts though

Yes you did. See, I even made it nice and big so you can't miss it.

Heís just trolling...

Nah man, I'm just showing you how you're completely full of crap. Take the easy way out like Scoots always does and call me a troll. You right wingers have a hard time handling the truth.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast