Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 322
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,141
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You can still consider the racial aspect, denying a race of benefits solely based on their race could quite easily be described as such. Thatís what I noted when this first started and is still the same. It is normally thought of as racist to act in this manner.

    It is much different when the government takes these actions as a form of creating a safety net for those in need compared to a company hand picking some group they want to give these benefits to though.

    That government part was the bigger issue and using race to decide who is deserving would have been an issue if it were done that way. It was private funded though so they can do what they want. I donít think itís malicious nor was that the point, the issue was inserting race based standards on if someone is worth getting govt assistance at poverty levels is what most were against and calling a form of racism.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a yes or no question. No need to go on one of your rants while at the same time accusing me of going on said rants. The fact that you're struggling to give a simple yes or no answer shows that you really have no idea how racism works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    My whole premise is people > property/money

    I find it hilarious how everyone was crying racism until they found out it's a privately funded program. This just goes to show that you're all of the property > people mindset yet you get mad when I call you right wingers. Of course you don't understand how racism works. You just dismissed it because of something being privately funded. You're nuts!
    The whole premise was that you shouldnít be able exclude people based on race for public welfare funding.

    Youíre premise was that itís okay to be racist in how these funds are distributed.

    Something being privately funded means that thereís no conversation to be had unless they are crossing particular lines. I can still not like what and how theyíre doing it, but okay, Itís not really politics related anymore and thats the forum weíre in. Thereís a lot of private institutions that do things I find objectionable in many different ways.

    No idea what youíre now going on about with people > property/money.

    Also, If you are saying we dismissed racism, then you are admitting that your view was racist.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You need to understand that making it always about a race thing and choosing bad ways to fix it is bad. Thatís the point more racism isnít a way to attack solving racism, it adds to the problem. Itís hypocrisy as well to do the thing you claim to have an issue with. Itís the approach of extremists on this board, think about the approach being pushed right now.

    It is when you acknowledge people in low income areas are struggling and need help then single one race out as not worthy of receiving any solely based on their race. Thatís the issue and I was simply using your own words of balancing the scales and getting even. It isnít doing that when you are targeting the most vulnerable then denying benefits due to their race.

    That issues exist doesnít make any answer a good one as covered. This is a bad type of answer and we should instead find and push non racist/better answers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Of course we should find and push non racist answers, but obviously that's not happening. If that were happening this issue of minorities getting left behind wouldnt exist.

    Poor white people were never targeted, nothing was taken away from them, the welfare system is still there for them. It doesnt leave whites behind, it leaves minorities behind, and for that reason an extra step.was taken to help those minorities.

    Do you oppose affirmative action the same?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Racism towards Black people: Locking them up at a much higher rate than any race
    Racism towards Hispanic people: Locking them up in cages and deporting them
    Racism towards Asian people: Going on a killing spree at multiple massage parlours
    Racism towards White people: Not giving them money

    You guys are so far gone lol.
    lol, yup. I dont even agree with this thing, but the fact that people.here arent even comprehending where the city is coming from just reiterates the idea of white privilege.

    Minorities live in a system which is bias against them. White people live in a system bias for them. Stop crying whenever things are targeted to help minorities.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    BoldedÖÖnor had I.

    If it is privately funded then whomever can do whatever they want.

    Of course that leads to the question of ÖÖ If another fund was privately funded to support whites only (because there are poor whites), how would that be portrayed in the media???

    Just wondering.
    It would be portrayed horribly, why would white need another extra leg up when they've already got one?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    But I thought it was racist? So now because it's privately funded it's no longer racist?
    Exactly what I was thinking..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    #1, what do you expect from the state of California and #2, what do you expect from the Democrat Party? Imagine if they did the same thing for just white people; the blacks would burn that **** to the ground!
    Very diff situations. If white people were constantly discriminated against, then your example would make more sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,141
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, yup. I dont even agree with this thing, but the fact that people.here arent even comprehending where the city is coming from just reiterates the idea of white privilege.

    Minorities live in a system which is bias against them. White people live in a system bias for them. Stop crying whenever things are targeted to help minorities.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Uh oh, you just used the two words that shake us whiteys to our core.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,141
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Of course we should find and push non racist answers, but obviously that's not happening. If that were happening this issue of minorities getting left behind wouldnt exist.

    Poor white people were never targeted, nothing was taken away from them, the welfare system is still there for them. It doesnt leave whites behind, it leaves minorities behind, and for that reason an extra step.was taken to help those minorities.

    Do you oppose affirmative action the same?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Don't waste your time. I've already posted links that explain this in great detail. He just responds with hypothetical scenarios that completely divert from the topic at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It's a yes or no question. No need to go on one of your rants while at the same time accusing me of going on said rants. The fact that you're struggling to give a simple yes or no answer shows that you really have no idea how racism works.
    Lol the hypocrisy is astounding even still.

    I clearly explained the differences, the act of singling out a race as not worthy of similar support to others based on just their race is racist. The government pushing this would be racism if it were related to government benefits as it would be different treatment as well.

    The private company would have to have some sort of malicious intent to think they are racist in their approach. This isnít part of the government system to help people singling out a race as not worthy of similar benefits solely due to their race.

    I think the real issue is you donít understand the differences between government and private


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #251
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    My whole premise is people > property/money

    I find it hilarious how everyone was crying racism until they found out it's a privately funded program. This just goes to show that you're all of the property > people mindset yet you get mad when I call you right wingers. Of course you don't understand how racism works. You just dismissed it because of something being privately funded. You're nuts!
    Haha and even more telling us what we must think.

    No property is not greater than people. You just donít understand the argument because you are too busy trolling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #252
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Of course we should find and push non racist answers, but obviously that's not happening. If that were happening this issue of minorities getting left behind wouldnt exist.

    Poor white people were never targeted, nothing was taken away from them, the welfare system is still there for them. It doesnt leave whites behind, it leaves minorities behind, and for that reason an extra step.was taken to help those minorities.

    Do you oppose affirmative action the same?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Initially people thought it was a government t program to help low income families as part of said welfare system. Thatís what it said on the website I linked previously too about it being for low income families (didnít note race aspect). If you have a system designed to help low income families then single out a race as not eligible to receive them (not based on the standard created of financial need but solely due to their race) that would be government not including them in said welfare system which is why people had an issue before that was clarified.

    This isnít an issue as itís just a private company choosing to help some in an area on top of the governments which is different and as many have noted is fine.

    Generally I think there could be better options but I am not overly against it either when needed (depending how done).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,141
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lol the hypocrisy is astounding even still.

    I clearly explained the differences, the act of singling out a race as not worthy of similar support to others based on just their race is racist. The government pushing this would be racism if it were related to government benefits as it would be different treatment as well.

    The private company would have to have some sort of malicious intent to think they are racist in their approach. This isnít part of the government system to help people singling out a race as not worthy of similar benefits solely due to their race.

    I think the real issue is you donít understand the differences between government and private


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look at that. You still tip toed around the question with another nonsensical rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Initially people thought it was a government t program to help low income families as part of said welfare system. Thatís what it said on the website I linked previously too about it being for low income families (didnít note race aspect). If you have a system designed to help low income families then single out a race as not eligible to receive them (not based on the standard created of financial need but solely due to their race) that would be government not including them in said welfare system which is why people had an issue before that was clarified.

    This isnít an issue as itís just a private company choosing to help some in an area on top of the governments which is different and as many have noted is fine.

    Generally I think there could be better options but I am not overly against it either when needed (depending how done).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All my arguments stand just as well if its privately funded or public. Makes no diff. Systemic racism is still the same, the effects of that systemic racism is still the same, and the situations it puts minorities in is still the same.

    I dont think it being private or public has any bearing on any argument me or r johnson put forward.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,141
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Haha and even more telling us what we must think.

    No property is not greater than people. You just donít understand the argument because you are too busy trolling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope, just sharing my opinion.

    No property is greater than people? So what did you think of the rioting and looting as a response to the murder of George Floyd?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •