Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    It it privately funded then the fund can do whatever it wants.

Just like baking a cake.

Yeah but everyone was calling it racist before. Now because it's privately funded it's no longer racist? I'd really like mngopher to give me some clarification here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It it privately funded then the fund can do whatever it wants.

Just like baking a cake.
    I imagine denying a cake to a homosexual couple was exactly what Jesus had in mind.
    Last edited by valade16; 03-29-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Privately funded? No issues from me. As others have said people can do what they want with their own money.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    But I thought it was racist? So now because it's privately funded it's no longer racist?
    Correct, the issue many were noting was excluding white people from government assistance.

Thatís not what this actually is it is privately funded which is different. They are not excluding people they are simply hand picking who they want to give their own $ to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I thought it was racist? So now because it's privately funded it's no longer racist?
    It's against the constitution for the government to do it, it's not for individuals to do it.

It's not that it's racist or not. Though certainly singling out a race for something is a tricky thing. If a Spaniard wants to sponsor college for other Spaniards generally nobody is going to have a problem with it. If the same person said "anybody but asians" people will have a problem with it. But when it's private the issue isn't a legal one.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...checks-1579070

https://oaklandresilientfamilies.org/

The Facts
    The initiative is a privately funded program that will give low-income families of color $500 per month, and with no rules on how they spend it.

I hadn't seen that part before either.
    Hundreds of posts in and someone finally looks underneath the hood and shares a very critical detail.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Correct, the issue many were noting was excluding white people from government assistance.

Thatís not what this actually is it is privately funded which is different. They are not excluding people they are simply hand picking who they want to give their own $ to.

So now because it's private the question of it being racist or not gets thrown out?

I could've sworn a bunch of you guys were claiming not to be right wingers just a page or two ago yet now you're all saying private funding > people.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I imagine denying a cake to a homosexual couple was exactly what Jesus had in mind.
    I dunno.

JC was more of an unleavened bread, manna kind of guy.

No idea what he would have thought about a cake.

So now because it's private the question of it being racist or not gets thrown out?
    Youíre really going to pretend to not know the difference between what you can and cannot do with disbursing taxpayer funded money versus how someone wants to use their own money?

People are allowed to be racist or have racist intentions up to a certain point. And disbursing their own money certainly falls under that category I believe.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I dunno.

JC was more of an unleavened bread, manna kind of guy.

No idea what he would have thought about a cake.
    It's not the cake he would have thought about, it's his followers refusing to bake them for others he wouldn't have been too keen on.

Oakland, CA to give $500 per month to low income non-white families

You can still consider the racial aspect, denying a race of benefits solely based on their race could quite easily be described as such. Thatís what I noted when this first started and is still the same. It is normally thought of as racist to act in this manner.

It is much different when the government takes these actions as a form of creating a safety net for those in need compared to a company hand picking some group they want to give these benefits to though.

That government part was the bigger issue and using race to decide who is deserving would have been an issue if it were done that way. It was private funded though so they can do what they want. I donít think itís malicious nor was that the point, the issue was inserting race based standards on if someone is worth getting govt assistance at poverty levels is what most were against and calling a form of racism.

#1, what do you expect from the state of California and #2, what do you expect from the Democrat Party? Imagine if they did the same thing for just white people; the blacks would burn that **** to the ground!
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Youíre really going to pretend to not know the difference between what you can and cannot do with disbursing taxpayer funded money versus how someone wants to use their own money?

People are allowed to be racist or have racist intentions up to a certain point. And disbursing their own money certainly falls under that category I believe.

My whole premise is people > property/money

I find it hilarious how everyone was crying racism until they found out it's a privately funded program. This just goes to show that you're all of the property > people mindset yet you get mad when I call you right wingers. Of course you don't understand how racism works. You just dismissed it because of something being privately funded. You're nuts!

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast