Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again if this was a redneck white mayor who said they would give only $500 to white low income families, would you consider that racist? Why is it ok to flip it and have it be fine? Why canít they just make it so everyone who is low income qualifies?

Obviously way back in the day the system was rigged against minorities but you really canít say that now. Itís at least much more fairer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its racist either way. It's ok and fine one way because the inherit bias of the system leans the other. They already have welfare for low income.

Today the system is rigged against minorities. Not as much as back in the day, but is that really the bar you're trying to hold up here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Its racist either way. It's ok and fine one way because the inherit bias of the system leans the other. They already have welfare for low income.

Today the system is rigged against minorities. Not as much as back in the day, but is that really the bar you're trying to hold up here?

Itís ok that itís racist because the system was rigged and racists back in the day! Is this really the hill you want to die on? Why canít this include EVERYONE? And again if this was flipped Iím sure we would have national media attention and protests going on

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Itís ok that itís racist because the system was rigged and racists back in the day! Is this really the hill you want to die on? Why canít this include EVERYONE? And again if this was flipped Iím sure we would have national media attention and protests going on

Its rigged against them today. And so, like affirmative action, this is an attempt to tilt it the other way.

The current welfare system already includes everyone. This payment is specifically for minorities who are left behind by the current welfare system. Not for everyone poor. The current welfare system is already there for everyone poor.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Its shouldnt be a race thing, but understand that it became a race thing when a racist system was constructed, not when struggling minorities were given extra assistance.

It's not "getting even" with poor whites, as nothing was taken away from them. They just put together an extra layer of assistance for poor minorities, as they feel minorities are being left behind with the current system.

It's easy to say there's better ways to attack the issues, but where are we right now? These issues clearly persist, and had increased support over this past presidency. Ideally we will get there, but me and you know it's not gonna happen tomorrow.

You need to understand that making it always about a race thing and choosing bad ways to fix it is bad. Thatís the point more racism isnít a way to attack solving racism, it adds to the problem. Itís hypocrisy as well to do the thing you claim to have an issue with. Itís the approach of extremists on this board, think about the approach being pushed right now.

It is when you acknowledge people in low income areas are struggling and need help then single one race out as not worthy of receiving any solely based on their race. Thatís the issue and I was simply using your own words of balancing the scales and getting even. It isnít doing that when you are targeting the most vulnerable then denying benefits due to their race.

That issues exist doesnít make any answer a good one as covered. This is a bad type of answer and we should instead find and push non racist/better answers.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yes. It's pretty ****ing alarming how many poor white people there are out there. Are you saying they are less deserving of help? Because it certainly looks like that's what you've been saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    For starters you're a troll. Secondly, I have absolutely no desire for whites to be a victim.
    You had no problem responding initially while desperately trying to paint white people as a victim? Oh well, I guess you just realized how wrong you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Racism towards Black people: Locking them up at a much higher rate than any race
    Racism towards Hispanic people: Locking them up in cages and deporting them
    Racism towards Asian people: Going on a killing spree at multiple massage parlours
    Racism towards White people: Not giving them money

You guys are so far gone lol.

You can call it...or not call it...whatever you want, but 2 facts remain for however you view it:
    1) impoverished white families will not get the $500/mo for the next 18 months (not sure about situations where 1 but not all in a household are BIPOC)
    2) this program is privately funded (a key distinction)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    The 1960s called, they want their racial sentiments back

Also, you might want to get that victim complex checked out
    The 2020s called.

They want you to be awake and not woke.

Geezus.

And "victim"??? Me??? I'm living life to the fullest. A few problems here and there but I'm doing just fine. Thank you very much.

Do you have a TV (I know intellectuals don't have TVs) or a computer??? Did you watch any of the news reports for the past year??? The supposed "victims" are screamin' and yellin' all over the news. Except for the people being forced out of restaurants, I didn't see anyone like me.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You can call it...or not call it...whatever you want, but 2 facts remain for however you view it:
    1) impoverished white families will not get the $500/mo for the next 18 months (not sure about situations where 1 but not all in a household are BIPOC)
    2) this program is privately funded (a key distinction)
    If it's privately funded then I no longer care. People can do with their money whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If it's privately funded then I no longer care. People can do with their money whatever they want.
    Same, I had no idea this was a privately funded effort either.

Yankees Farm System

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...checks-1579070

https://oaklandresilientfamilies.org/

The Facts
    The initiative is a privately funded program that will give low-income families of color $500 per month, and with no rules on how they spend it.

I hadn't seen that part before either.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The Facts
    The initiative is a privately funded program that will give low-income families of color $500 per month, and with no rules on how they spend it.

BoldedÖÖnor had I.

If it is privately funded then whomever can do whatever they want.

Of course that leads to the question of ÖÖ If another fund was privately funded to support whites only (because there are poor whites), how would that be portrayed in the media???

Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Same, I had no idea this was a privately funded effort either.

So now we have a bunch of American's trying to tell a privatized fund how to spend its own money? That's like the most Un-American thing I've seen yet hahaha.

The Facts

Thatís certainly different than it being done by the city lol. As others noted if itís privately funded then no issues there

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Thatís certainly different than it being done by the city lol. As others noted if itís privately funded then no issues there

But I thought it was racist? So now because it's privately funded it's no longer racist?

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast