Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 322
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again if this was a redneck white mayor who said they would give only $500 to white low income families, would you consider that racist? Why is it ok to flip it and have it be fine? Why canít they just make it so everyone who is low income qualifies?

    Obviously way back in the day the system was rigged against minorities but you really canít say that now. Itís at least much more fairer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its racist either way. It's ok and fine one way because the inherit bias of the system leans the other. They already have welfare for low income.

    Today the system is rigged against minorities. Not as much as back in the day, but is that really the bar you're trying to hold up here?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Its racist either way. It's ok and fine one way because the inherit bias of the system leans the other. They already have welfare for low income.

    Today the system is rigged against minorities. Not as much as back in the day, but is that really the bar you're trying to hold up here?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Itís ok that itís racist because the system was rigged and racists back in the day! Is this really the hill you want to die on? Why canít this include EVERYONE? And again if this was flipped Iím sure we would have national media attention and protests going on


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Itís ok that itís racist because the system was rigged and racists back in the day! Is this really the hill you want to die on? Why canít this include EVERYONE? And again if this was flipped Iím sure we would have national media attention and protests going on


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its rigged against them today. And so, like affirmative action, this is an attempt to tilt it the other way.

    The current welfare system already includes everyone. This payment is specifically for minorities who are left behind by the current welfare system. Not for everyone poor. The current welfare system is already there for everyone poor.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #214
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Its shouldnt be a race thing, but understand that it became a race thing when a racist system was constructed, not when struggling minorities were given extra assistance.

    It's not "getting even" with poor whites, as nothing was taken away from them. They just put together an extra layer of assistance for poor minorities, as they feel minorities are being left behind with the current system.

    It's easy to say there's better ways to attack the issues, but where are we right now? These issues clearly persist, and had increased support over this past presidency. Ideally we will get there, but me and you know it's not gonna happen tomorrow.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You need to understand that making it always about a race thing and choosing bad ways to fix it is bad. Thatís the point more racism isnít a way to attack solving racism, it adds to the problem. Itís hypocrisy as well to do the thing you claim to have an issue with. Itís the approach of extremists on this board, think about the approach being pushed right now.

    It is when you acknowledge people in low income areas are struggling and need help then single one race out as not worthy of receiving any solely based on their race. Thatís the issue and I was simply using your own words of balancing the scales and getting even. It isnít doing that when you are targeting the most vulnerable then denying benefits due to their race.

    That issues exist doesnít make any answer a good one as covered. This is a bad type of answer and we should instead find and push non racist/better answers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yes. It's pretty ****ing alarming how many poor white people there are out there. Are you saying they are less deserving of help? Because it certainly looks like that's what you've been saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    For starters you're a troll. Secondly, I have absolutely no desire for whites to be a victim.
    You had no problem responding initially while desperately trying to paint white people as a victim? Oh well, I guess you just realized how wrong you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Racism towards Black people: Locking them up at a much higher rate than any race
    Racism towards Hispanic people: Locking them up in cages and deporting them
    Racism towards Asian people: Going on a killing spree at multiple massage parlours
    Racism towards White people: Not giving them money

    You guys are so far gone lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,741
    You can call it...or not call it...whatever you want, but 2 facts remain for however you view it:
    1) impoverished white families will not get the $500/mo for the next 18 months (not sure about situations where 1 but not all in a household are BIPOC)
    2) this program is privately funded (a key distinction)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,496
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    The 1960s called, they want their racial sentiments back

    Also, you might want to get that victim complex checked out
    The 2020s called.

    They want you to be awake and not woke.

    Geezus.

    And "victim"??? Me??? I'm living life to the fullest. A few problems here and there but I'm doing just fine. Thank you very much.

    Do you have a TV (I know intellectuals don't have TVs) or a computer??? Did you watch any of the news reports for the past year??? The supposed "victims" are screamin' and yellin' all over the news. Except for the people being forced out of restaurants, I didn't see anyone like me.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You can call it...or not call it...whatever you want, but 2 facts remain for however you view it:
    1) impoverished white families will not get the $500/mo for the next 18 months (not sure about situations where 1 but not all in a household are BIPOC)
    2) this program is privately funded (a key distinction)
    If it's privately funded then I no longer care. People can do with their money whatever they want.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If it's privately funded then I no longer care. People can do with their money whatever they want.
    Same, I had no idea this was a privately funded effort either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,741
    https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...checks-1579070

    https://oaklandresilientfamilies.org/

    The Facts
    The initiative is a privately funded program that will give low-income families of color $500 per month, and with no rules on how they spend it.

    I hadn't seen that part before either.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,496
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...checks-1579070

    https://oaklandresilientfamilies.org/

    The Facts
    The initiative is a privately funded program that will give low-income families of color $500 per month, and with no rules on how they spend it.

    I hadn't seen that part before either.
    BoldedÖÖnor had I.

    If it is privately funded then whomever can do whatever they want.

    Of course that leads to the question of ÖÖ If another fund was privately funded to support whites only (because there are poor whites), how would that be portrayed in the media???

    Just wondering.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Same, I had no idea this was a privately funded effort either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So now we have a bunch of American's trying to tell a privatized fund how to spend its own money? That's like the most Un-American thing I've seen yet hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,768
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...checks-1579070

    https://oaklandresilientfamilies.org/

    The Facts
    The initiative is a privately funded program that will give low-income families of color $500 per month, and with no rules on how they spend it.

    I hadn't seen that part before either.
    Thatís certainly different than it being done by the city lol. As others noted if itís privately funded then no issues there


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Thatís certainly different than it being done by the city lol. As others noted if itís privately funded then no issues there


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But I thought it was racist? So now because it's privately funded it's no longer racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •