Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 322
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,360

    Oakland, CA to give $500 per month to low income non-white families

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not an enigma, just the rare liberal capitalist. I think it is a little odd I'm the only one who supports a UBI.
    Oh I definitely support a UBI and think itís only a matter of time until it is an absolute necessity. The tech revolution is just gearing up and itís reaching a spot where exponential increases are going to really take off and transform things where hours are going to need to be cut back and a VERY significant portion of the workforce is going to be without jobs in the coming couple of decades.

    And thatís not even a bad thing if itís approached correctly (Iím sure it will be bungled tho and the super rich will only become so much more super rich lol).

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't believe I was remotely referring to Oakland when I was talking about indigenous people. And I'd guess there are differences with various tribes around the country. My experience is in South Dakota- 9 reservations of Lakota/Dakota and a large percentage of them are VERY connected to their heritage. That's not to suggest all 75,000 here are impoverished and living on a reservation, just that a large share are.

    I also wasn't suggesting that $31billion would be individually distributed. My hope would be that it be distributed according to population, however- meaning those in South Dakota would get 800milionish to determine ways to best utilize. These reservations represent some of THE poorest counties in the entire country, but just giving each of them $11,000 wouldn't fix nearly as much as strategically using it to create jobs, create a viable food supply, etc.
    Actually giving them all $11k would probably destroy the res.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,099
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Not true, I support it as well
    Okay, I didn't know you and Dew supported it.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,099
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Oh I definitely support a UBI and think itís only a matter of time until it is an absolute necessity. The tech revolution is just gearing up and itís reaching a spot where exponential increases are going to really take off and transform things where hours are going to need to be cut back and a VERY significant portion of the workforce is going to be without jobs in the coming couple of decades.

    And thatís not even a bad thing if itís approached correctly (Iím sure it will be bungled tho and the super rich will only become so much more super rich lol).
    Agreed, and if UBI replaced many of the current in place social support structures it wouldn't even cost all that much more than pre-pandemic budgets.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,741
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Oh I definitely support a UBI and think itís only a matter of time until it is an absolute necessity. The tech revolution is just gearing up and itís reaching a spot where exponential increases are going to really take off and transform things where hours are going to need to be cut back and a VERY significant portion of the workforce is going to be without jobs in the coming couple of decades.

    And thatís not even a bad thing if itís approached correctly (Iím sure it will be bungled tho and the super rich will only become so much more super rich lol).

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See the problem with thinking a UBI is the way to deal with a large number of unemployed is......where exactly is the money coming from? The UBI would be coming from the government who would be using taxes to pay for it....taxes which would come from (wait for it) the people working.

    I'm not saying some form of UBI isn't a good idea...but IF, indeed, your thought is that technology is going to kill a bunch of jobs, the better tact would be....to prevent that by putting money into training people to work in the new areas technology creates.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So you have to combine all different colours of people to come close to the % of white people? Thanks for proving my point of how the welfare system greatly benefits whitey. Much like the article that I posted does as well.
    Lol non-Hispanic whites make up about 60% of the countries population. Blacks are in the low teens 12-13%.

    So blacks on a basis of per 100 people are much more likely to be on welfare than vice versa. Itís just a overall numbers reason which is why there are more overall whites than blacks or other minorities on welfare.

    But then again there are also very good reasons why blacks are more likely to be on welfare, systemic included. Those are the areas we should be looking to address where they can disproportionately be lifted up out of poverty.

    And as we can see if this program was just offered regularly to them, then they would disproportionately benefit from this as well on a rate basis. Which is why this is so dumb and stupid in the first place on so many different levels.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    See the problem with thinking a UBI is the way to deal with a large number of unemployed is......where exactly is the money coming from? The UBI would be coming from the government who would be using taxes to pay for it....taxes which would come from (wait for it) the people working.

    I'm not saying some form of UBI isn't a good idea...but IF, indeed, your thought is that technology is going to kill a bunch of jobs, the better tact would be....to prevent that by putting money into training people to work in the new areas technology creates.
    Computers will be much more efficient and smarter than us and thatís not a bad thing. Theyíll program themselves better, be more precise, not tire, etc.

    The remaining work will become much more desire and passion based and wonít be as monotonous or time consuming as it is now. And there will just be a huge chasm between jobs. Itís not nearly as far down the road as you may think.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No I'm not. I'm for it being all inclusionary. Try to keep along.

    The welfare system needs reformation as well. Who is arguing against that? The only asinine thing here is your attempts to twist things that are never said. Your insinuation sense is tingling though. Must be on high alert to grasp at imaginary straws.
    Okay, so do you support a UBI?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Lol non-Hispanic whites make up about 60% of the countries population. Blacks are in the low teens 12-13%.

    So blacks on a basis of per 100 people are much more likely to be on welfare than vice versa. Itís just a overall numbers reason which is why there are more overall whites than blacks or other minorities on welfare.

    But then again there are also very good reasons why blacks are more likely to be on welfare, systemic included. Those are the areas we should be looking to address where they can disproportionately be lifted up out of poverty.

    And as we can see if this program was just offered regularly to them, then they would disproportionately benefit from this as well on a rate basis. Which is why this is so dumb and stupid in the first place on so many different levels.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty alarming when 60% of the population takes up almost the same amount of space on welfare as the other 40% though. Dontcha think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,084
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Pretty alarming when 60% of the population takes up almost the same amount of space on welfare as the other 40% though. Dontcha think?
    Yes. It's pretty ****ing alarming how many poor white people there are out there. Are you saying they are less deserving of help? Because it certainly looks like that's what you've been saying.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yes. It's pretty ****ing alarming how many poor white people there are out there. Are you saying they are less deserving of help? Because it certainly looks like that's what you've been saying.
    Does it?

    Seems like hes saying that there are enough inherit biases in the system that favor whites, and so putting something in that favors minorities is just a way to try and balance things.

    Doesnt it?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yes. It's pretty ****ing alarming how many poor white people there are out there. Are you saying they are less deserving of help? Because it certainly looks like that's what you've been saying.
    Nope. I'm pointing out how a percentage of the population which is far less than the percentage of whites actually needs close to the same amount government assistance. This isn't including the non white people that don't even qualify for welfare because of petty criminal offences. You'd think if white people make up 60% of the population then they'd be much more present on the welfare system yet that's not the case.

    Nice try though. You just want whitey to be a victim sooooooooo badly.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 03-28-2021 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Pretty alarming when 60% of the population takes up almost the same amount of space on welfare as the other 40% though. Dontcha think?
    Why would it be alarming when more people take up the same amount of space in a program than less people? Do you actually understand what that means? Lol

    Youíre not making the point here I think that you think youíre making. At least not making it well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Nope. I'm pointing out how a percentage of the population which is far less than the percentage of whites actually needs close to the same amount government assistance. This isn't including the non white people that don't even qualify for welfare because of petty criminal offences. You'd think if white people make up 60% of the population then they'd be much more present on the welfare system yet that's not the case.

    Nice try though. You just want whitey to be a victim sooooooooo badly.
    Thatís true that is concerning and points to a series of issues to which I alluded to earlier, which include systemic ones. But itís not the point you were making earlier, and it doesnít mean that we should institute morally, ethically, likely illegal, definitely politically stupid policies that exclude solely using race arbitrarily. Especially when there are simple ways to administer this where they benefit disproportionately to begin with.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Why would it be alarming when more people take up the same amount of space in a program than less people? Do you actually understand what that means? Lol

    Youíre not making the point here I think that you think youíre making. At least not making it well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Usually when there's more white people than everyone else it means they're going to be taking up more space than everyone else. In the US welfare system that's not the case. They're almost equal to everyone else.

    Look at the prison population where white males only take up 29% where as black males make up 34% and hispanic males make up 24%. Adding those numbers into the mix you'd think there should be even less non white people on welfare considering a combined 58% of them are locked up as opposed to only 29% of white males but no, the welfare system has them almost neck and neck. This is why programs like the $500 a month for non white people have come into place. I hope this makes it easier for you to understand why I said what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •