Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Lol giving non white people $500 a month is racist against white people? That's gotta be the nicest form of racism I've ever seen.
    It is when low income white families in Oakland exist. Why are they left out? If you're going to make a measure like this, you should at least make it uniform irrespective of race.

We know that minority families statistically have it tougher for many reasons but that shouldn't just mean we exclude low income white families from getting assistance they desperately need.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It is when low income white families in Oakland exist. Why are they left out? If you're going to make a measure like this, you should at least make it uniform irrespective of race.

We know that minority families statistically have it tougher for many reasons but that shouldn't just mean we exclude low income white families from getting assistance they desperately need.
    I'm not denying their existence. I just see this as more of a cheap version of reparations for a system that's built to keep non white people down. In no way is it racist though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Lol giving non white people $500 a month is racist against white people? That's gotta be the nicest form of racism I've ever seen.
    Creating a standard that needs/deserves financial help then excluding one race from receiving it seems pretty close.

Lets try this, what if everyone that was below the poverty line receives 500 per month. Except in my scenario we are excluding all black people from receiving the 500 (even those meeting poverty line standard) with other races getting it. Is this racist to you?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Creating a standard that needs/deserves financial help then excluding one race from receiving it seems pretty close.

Lets try this, what if everyone that was below the poverty line receives 500 per month. Except in my scenario we are excluding all black people from receiving the 500 (even those meeting poverty line standard) with other races getting it. Is this racist to you?
    It most definitely is. It shouldn't change just because those people are white.

That depends. Is this being done in a country that has systematically torn black families apart for the last century or so? Where the CIA has peddled crack into black communities? Is it also being done in a place where the prison population has waaaaaaaay more black people as opposed to white?

Does anyone here have any experience trying to get a job after serving a prison sentence for a petty crime such as marijuana possession?

Does anyone here have any experience trying to get a job after serving a prison sentence for a petty crime such as marijuana possession?
    Is that the experience of every black mother and father trying to support a household? I mean there are plenty of non criminal reasons why people live in poverty irrespective of race.

That depends. Is this being done in a country that has systematically torn black families apart for the last century or so? Where the CIA has peddled crack into black communities? Is it also being done in a place where the prison population has waaaaaaaay more black people as opposed to white?
    None of that is relevant to the poverty line standard for receiving the help or if help is needed. I am not saying that black families/people haven't had more racism/barriers against them. I am noting that the ones struggling and needing help aren't magically cured because their race hasn't had the same barriers.

Are you saying that white people need to be singled out in negative ways because black people have been before? The way to solve racism is singling out other races than the one that has been treated bad before? What is the point other than not answering and trying to but what about?

To be clear I am not saying plenty of this is true. You still never answered if it would be racist to do that if it were against black people though because you know it would. If you understand that then you get the obvious point of why it is racist. No one is denying that there have been horrible racist things done in this country, I am not sure more bad racist things toward other races is necessarily the way to solve it though is the point.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 03-27-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Is that the experience of every black mother and father trying to support a household? I mean there are plenty of non criminal reasons why people live in poverty irrespective of race.
    So it has to be every single one of them? Yeeeesh

None of that is relevant to the poverty line standard for receiving the help or if help is needed.

Are you saying that white people need to be singled out in negative ways because black people have been before? The way to solve racism is singling out other races than the one that has been treated bad before? What is the point other than not answering and trying to but what about?

To be clear I am not saying plenty of this is true. You still never answered if it would be racist to do that if it were against black people though because you know it would. If you understand that then you get the obvious point of why it is racist. No one is denying that there have been horrible racist things done in this country, I am not sure more bad racist things toward other races is necessarily the way to solve it though is the point.
    lol

Also, nice try at stuffing words into my mouth. That's not what I was saying at all.

lol

Also, nice try at stuffing words into my mouth. That's not what I was saying at all.
    I am not surprised that your only response is a lol and not actually explaining what you were saying then.

I think you understand exactly why singling out a race like that is considered racist.

I am not surprised that your only response is a lol and not actually explaining what you were saying then.

I think you understand exactly why singling out a race like that is considered racist.
    Why bother explaining myself to someone who's attempting to jam words into my mouth? You can read my post to see what I was saying.

My "lol" is in response to you being oblivious to the fact that the system is heavily against people who aren't white.

Why bother explaining myself to someone who's attempting to jam words into my mouth? You can read my post to see what I was saying.

My "lol" is in response to you being oblivious to the fact that the system is heavily against people who aren't white.
    It's hilarious that you are saying this about jamming words in someone mouth when you claim I am oblivious to something I will openly admit to being true. I never once denied this lol. You are a hypocrite as well I see given you do what you wanna whine about.

The real reason is you simply can't explain why it isn't racist or answer that question because it would show you get that it actually is. That one race has had more barriers due to the system is something I literally noted in the edit above before you posted this.

Good way to keep them around

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

There is no point in trying to convince a troll.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast