Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyout market

Do we think Marc Gasol will be waived/bought out before Friday?

He seems very unhappy that Drummond took his starting gig.

If so, where does land?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

If so, where does land?
    He should worry about being in shape first...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    He should worry about being in shape first...
    Lol! I've not watched him much this year. I figured at 36 he'd just be happy to be along for the ride.

Lol! I've not watched him much this year. I figured at 36 he'd just be happy to be along for the ride.
    Lol take a look at him tomorrow against the clippers.

If so, where does land?
    Us stupidly desperate HEAT fans would definitely take him.

Can fill 15 minutes a night, hit an occasional 3, plays enough defense that he's not going to land in Spo's dog house, and can maybe keep Embiid from totally raping us? Sign us up.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Us stupidly desperate HEAT fans would definitely take him.

Can fill 15 minutes a night, hit an occasional 3, plays enough defense that he's not going to land in Spo's dog house, and can maybe keep Embiid from totally raping us? Sign us up.
    We'll see, the 9th is approaching fast.

If so, where does land?
    Dude was juts being honest and direct. Everyone would feel the same way, he just had the guts to call it like it is. He also mentioned this was a possibility when he joined the squad, it is a undesirable situation but not unexpected or out of the realm of possibilities when the ink dried.

Not unhappy per se, but as a competitor we would all want our mins and be a contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Dude was juts being honest and direct. Everyone would feel the same way, he just had the guts to call it like it is. He also mentioned this was a possibility when he joined the squad, it is a undesirable situation but not unexpected or out of the realm of possibilities when the ink dried.

Not unhappy per se, but as a competitor we would all want our mins and be a contributor.
    Well said!

If Gasol gets bought out would he expect to be a starter somewhere? Because this late in the season it's hard to see. Unless he returns to the Tampa/Toronto Raptors he's gonna be a backup. That being said, if he's willing to split backup minutes, the rumor is that the Sixers have been looking for a more offensive minded 5. If he would be willing to put in about 10-15 minutes per night, he would be awesome with a Simmons lead bench unit. Because especially if he's out there with Shake, Thybulle, Simmons, and Scott he could just protect the pain defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If Gasol gets bought out would he expect to be a starter somewhere? Because this late in the season it's hard to see. Unless he returns to the Tampa/Toronto Raptors he's gonna be a backup. That being said, if he's willing to split backup minutes, the rumor is that the Sixers have been looking for a more offensive minded 5. If he would be willing to put in about 10-15 minutes per night, he would be awesome with a Simmons lead bench unit. Because especially if he's out there with Shake, Thybulle, Simmons, and Scott he could just protect the pain defensively.
    I wonder if my Knicks would consider him/he would consider us. He could split the center mins with Noel and probably be an upgrade from Taj Gibson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Wouldnt the Laker just keep him on the bench so he doesn't go to a competitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I wonder if my Knicks would consider him/he would consider us. He could split the center mins with Noel and probably be an upgrade from Taj Gibson

That would be a good option too. It really comes down to the role he's willing to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Wouldnt the Laker just keep him on the bench so he doesn't go to a competitor?

You would think. But mayb with his advanced age and reduced pay they may do him a solid since he went from starting 5 to third string at best with the signing of Drummond.

If he/his agent asked, maybe they grant it. Idk how big his agent is but it could be looked at as a "favor" and maybe that agent steers a client of his to the Lakers in the future as a return "favor" for not holding Marc hostage.

Not a game changer but Ben McLemore was just waived. He has the capability to get hot but I dunno. I gotta assume thereís interest from someone for the Rockets to let him go.

I donít think Gasol is necessarily unhappy. Heís is expressing frustration which every competitor would. I donít expect him to lose his job and just be all smiles. Heís a competitor. However, he should understand his boat has sailed. His days of been a starter are way behind him but can certainly contribute coming off the bench. Heís another big body to throw in for a few mins against big centers when Dru takes a break

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast