Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rockets screwed up big time all time botch

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Rockets screwed up big time all time botch
    Happens when teams try to get cute.

I'd rather have Allen, Levert and Prince over Bradley, Olynyk, Exum, Augustine, and DJ Wilson plus a late future 1st. But that's just me.

Rockets made a great decision in this trade. Especially their 2021 falls out of the top 4 end up with the Miami Heat pick instead of their own. Tank an entire season and end with a pick in the 20s with a team they just made better.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

I'd rather have Allen, Levert and Prince over Bradley, Olynyk, Exum, Augustine, and DJ Wilson plus a late future 1st. But that's just me.
    I assume someone actually thought they could still be a playoff team as constructed.

Whoever that person is, they will probably hold back this tank operation at some point and fumble another important decision.

I don't really want to hear about injuries because everyone has faced health and safety protocols and injuries this season. The fact that not only are they not a playoff team, but they're not even close means someone up top has to much power to go along with shaky judgement.

Wish the Pacers would tank and try to get a good pick instead of making the first round of the playoffs and getting the boot--as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

The Levert swap is a disaster, though I'm not exactly devastated he's not on the roster. I have zero issues with the Allen trade, though. Dude wasn't going ro re-sign with Houston this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet-d View Post
    Rockets made a great decision in this trade. Especially their 2021 falls out of the top 4 end up with the Miami Heat pick instead of their own. Tank an entire season and end with a pick in the 20s with a team they just made better.
    I'm not too worried about that. I'm more than willing to bet the swap next season from Brooklyn to Miami will be greater than whatever value Oladipo brings to Miami in their last 25 games. Plus, it's a moot point if they end up in the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I assume someone actually thought they could still be a playoff team as constructed.

Whoever that person is, they will probably hold back this tank operation at some point and fumble another important decision.

I don't really want to hear about injuries because everyone has faced health and safety protocols and injuries this season. The fact that not only are they not a playoff team, but they're not even close means someone up top has to much power to go along with shaky judgement.
    They waited too long to pick a direction for the franchise, but they're clearly going full tank mode now. It probably only cost them Caris LeVert, who will be 27 next year, has played 60 games once in his career and is probably the 4th best player on a contending team. I'll get over it.

I wish they could get rid of Wall, but he has been really great for the tank. He was 6-25 for 14 points last night. He's next level terrible. I do still like the young core they have on this team, though, and they haven't used a single first round pick. If they end up with that top 4 pick on top of all the other firsts they have the next few years, they could be relevant again in 2-3 seasons.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 03-27-2021 at 08:51 AM.

I think this team is as good a fit as a Victor will find. If he isnít good for the Heat heís just not good anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    They waited too long to pick a direction for the franchise, but they're clearly going full tank mode now. It probably only cost them Caris LeVert, who will be 27 next year, has played 60 games once in his career and is probably the 4th best player on a contending team. I'll get over it.

I wish they could get rid of Wall, but he has been really great for the tank. He was 6-25 for 14 points last night. He's next level terrible. I do still like the young core they have on this team, though, and they haven't used a single first round pick. If they end up with that top 4 pick on top of all the other firsts they have the next few years, they could be relevant again in 2-3 seasons.
    Definitely still have a positive outlook, but if you can trade LeVert for an extra first that's still much better. And I think everyone is in agreement they would have likely been able to get that.

Maybe Dieng can be brought in now that Aldridge is off the board or you all make a push for Drummond?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

His name is Tilman

So I realize it's still an absurdly small sample size, but Kelly Olynyk has dramatically outplayed Oladipo thus far. If Houston ends up re-signing him in the offseason, they could end up winning this trade in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    So I realize it's still an absurdly small sample size, but Kelly Olynyk has dramatically outplayed Oladipo thus far. If Houston ends up re-signing him in the offseason, they could end up winning this trade in the long run.
    I was thinking Olynyk will be a buyout candidate

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    All Houston had to do was keep Jarrett Allen and Caris Levert smh
    This. Nice rebuild.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast