Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Lets see:
    Dante Exum, Rodions Kurucs, Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, 2022/2024/2026 1sts
    OR
    Ben Simmons, 2022/2024 1st

How did the Rockets manage to **** up this trade so royally?
    I don't love this trade by any means, nor did I adore the Harden deal. But I'm not sure I would have preferred the Simmons deal either. Houston needs to tank, and they're a better than coin flip odds away from having a top 4 pick in a draft with elite talent at the top. Plus, Brooklyn's future firsts have way more value on paper than Philly's firsts the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Honestly Houston should just buyout Wall now. Them thinking they're going to redeem his value and flip him later, they're crazy.
    No. The dude is making $90 million the next two years. A buyout of that size is unprecedented. Only way I'd be OK with that is if he waves the player option on his final year. No way he does that.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    No. The dude is making $90 million the next two years. A buyout of that size is unprecedented. Only way I'd be OK with that is if he waves the player option on his final year. No way he does that.
    Well I guess he'll be the tank commander.

Heat sent out Bradley, Kelly O, Chris Silva, and Mo Harkless... Got back Oladipo and Bjelica. Now potentially adding Aldridge via buyout.

Swapped Leonard for Ariza last week. I'd say they're gearing up pretty well for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Heat sent out Bradley, Kelly O, Chris Silva, and Mo Harkless... Got back Oladipo and Bjelica. Now potentially adding Aldridge via buyout.

Swapped Leonard for Ariza last week. I'd say they're gearing up pretty well for the playoffs.
    Definitely.

Probably still not a contender unless everyone jells immediately, but on paper a better team.

Miami still lacks a proper two way 4 who can defend and shoot the 3, but Oladipo will take some play making burden off of others and give a guy who can allow Herro and Robinson to free up for more open looks.

For the record, I do not think this was a good trade for Houston, and I do think Riley hosed Stone a little bit here.

But considering that 10 minutes prior to the deal going through, I was under the impression that Oladipo was going nowhere and we lost him for nothing, I'll take a pick swap for a higher first rounder in 2022 and expiring players who aren't Oladipo clogging up the back court rotation.

Also, if you're a Heat fan, I know you guys are excited for this deal and for the value the trade represents. And you should be. But I would really temper my expectations if I were you. This is not the All-Star version of Oladipo you think you're getting. This is the Oladipo who's missed a third of Houston's games with a half dozen random *** excuses, shot 32% from the 3-point line and has like five plays a game where he randomly drives at the rim with no plan whatsoever what he's going to do with the basketball and something bad happens.

This could go well for Miami, and I like Oladipo, so I wish him no ill will. But don't be surprised if you're cursing his name in a week and he has a 5-24 game in the playoffs that single-handedly loses you a playoff series. That's a very real possibility with this guy.

All Houston had to do was keep Jarrett Allen and Caris Levert smh

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    All Houston had to do was keep Jarrett Allen and Caris Levert smh
    To be fair, Allen had nothing to do with the Oladipo swap. Point taken on LeVert, but I'm trying not to dwell on that at this point. And Caris LeVert is not going to be the reason Houston recovers and rebuilds properly from the Harden fallout moving forward. It's going to take great drafting and talent evaluation. LeVert is, at best, a No. 3 or No. 4 guy on a playoff team, and that might be generous.

Rockets screwed this up BIG. They basically gave away Oladipo to the Heat for free LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Not a fan of that return for Houston.

The Harden return has to look weaker in hindsight after this move, yes?
    They pretty much screwed the selves when they move LeVert for Oladipo, who obviously wanted to be in a flashy market - not to mention losing Allen, who would have made a dominant defensive front court with Wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Lets see:
    Dante Exum, Rodions Kurucs, Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, 2022/2024/2026 1sts
    OR
    Ben Simmons, 2022/2024 1st

How did the Rockets manage to **** up this trade so royally?
    It was Ben and Thyb and those firsts... Remember they told both guys to pack up that they were likely traded.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

they were never going to just roll over this year. Dangerous *** team come the playoffs... Sixers/Nets/Bucks/Heat could beat anyone... The celtics if they fix their ship could be a problem as well... There is no gimme series outside the first round anymore in the east... You also have the hawks to worry about too. Its gonna be lit.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I don't love this trade by any means, nor did I adore the Harden deal. But I'm not sure I would have preferred the Simmons deal either. Houston needs to tank, and they're a better than coin flip odds away from having a top 4 pick in a draft with elite talent at the top. Plus, Brooklyn's future firsts have way more value on paper than Philly's firsts the next few years.
    could have traded ben for a ton in the off season though. How is the pick situation better? The nets are gonna bomb out every year for the next 4 years with their guys as well.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    could have traded ben for a ton in the off season though. How is the pick situation better? The nets are gonna bomb out every year for the next 4 years with their guys as well.
    Because Philly is a young team that's going to be damn good the next few seasons with Daryl Morey running the helm and an MVP caliber player having a career year in Embiid at 27 years old. Brooklyn is probably better right now, but Durant's constantly banged up, he and Harden are both 32, and Kyrie is a basket case who always feels like he's a week away from doing something insane that alienates him from his team.

Brooklyn is talented, but if you're looking for a team with major injury risks, age concerns and "implosion" factor, those are all very real issues. I'm not excited about the picks while those guys are all there and playing well; I'm excited about the picks when those guys are gone. Those firsts and swaps from 2024-27 could end up being extremely valuable, similar to the haul that Boston got when they dealt their stars to Brooklyn years ago.

I like Victor. Nice young man. Followed him through college and with the Pacers. Have to say though, he is injury prone and kind of drifts off at times. Not really sad he isn't a Pacer any more, but do wish him well.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast