Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something. I'm expecting Miami to get a key free agent this summer that narrows the gap between Brooklyn and themselves.

It's definitely a positive, but I'm not sure how much they'll be moving up. Definitely better than losing Oladipo for nothing I guess.
    I think the likelihood that Miami catches Brooklyn in the talent department is insanely unlikely. Could Brooklyn be banged up again next year? Sure. But they've been really banged up this year, put their roster together mid-season and still are 7.5 games ahead of the Heat.

I think it nets the Rockets at least 3-5 picks, but more than likely somewhere around 6-8 picks, similar to this season. Given a full season and relative health, though, I think the Nets are easily a 60-win team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think the likelihood that Miami catches Brooklyn in the talent department is insanely unlikely. Could Brooklyn be banged up again next year? Sure. But they've been really banged up this year, put their roster together mid-season and still are 7.5 games ahead of the Heat.

I think it nets the Rockets at least 3-5 picks, but more than likely somewhere around 6-8 picks, similar to this season. Given a full season and relative health, though, I think the Nets are easily a 60-win team next year.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

imagine if they had butler/harden/bam/dragic... HERRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for the win. Butmler/harden/bam/herro smacks all teams

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Yeah he'd definitely have a much bigger impact than Oladipo, and I can also see him being one of those guys who's able to scrounge and scrape his way into pretty much always being a positive impact guy until he retires - I just don't know how needle moving he is at this stage.

I think we're agreeing with each other more or less, we just have different interpretations on how needle moving Lowry would be in this theoretical situation. And you could be right, he could have a much larger impact than I'm suggesting, but I tend to err on the side of caution with players his age.
    yeah we are lol

Now I could be reading too much in to this but I thought Id share it, basically Butler goes on to say that Kyle is his fav player to play against, and then wanted to elaborate but stopped him self said I would say something else but then the NBA is going to look at this and be like Oh my God, hes tampering, Butler said.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/jim...W2xvhQtJT0l5sH

This is why I think its almost a forgone conclusion, but again I could be reading too much in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    yeah we are lol

Now I could be reading too much in to this but I thought Id share it, basically Butler goes on to say that Kyle is his fav player to play against, and then wanted to elaborate but stopped him self said I would say something else but then the NBA is going to look at this and be like Oh my God, hes tampering, Butler said.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/jim...W2xvhQtJT0l5sH

This is why I think its almost a forgone conclusion, but again I could be reading too much in to it.
    Even if Lowery starts to or is declining having him will never be a bad thing. Like having old J Kidd. Hes just too ****ing smart and nasty not to be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Even if Lowery starts to or is declining having him will never be a bad thing. Like having old J Kidd. Hes just too ****ing smart and nasty not to be good

That's a pretty realistic outlook. He definitely is a plus and will be a plus player for about as long as he wants to play but he's still IMO not gonna greatly increase the Heats chances of winning a title.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    What a fall from stardom.

Was he ever really a star though? Or just severely overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Was he ever really a star though? Or just severely overrated?

By who? He's made 2 all-stars. I think he is his career numbers. An 18-19 PPG player, who has solid defense, average passing, and a shaky 3Pter. He's a fringe all-star.

I felt his efficiency may thrive when placed as a 3rd option, and could make Miami a contender. But I don't think anyone thought he was a real superstar, even Pacers fans.

Super disappointed because Oladipo is exactly what we needed defensively and as a back-up for Butler against the Nets. I really like Oladipo but his injury concerns and him being an explosive guard is a huge question mark for me in the future. 29 years old and the guy is coming off injury after injury.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    By who? He's made 2 all-stars. I think he is his career numbers. An 18-19 PPG player, who has solid defense, average passing, and a shaky 3Pter. He's a fringe all-star.

I felt his efficiency may thrive when placed as a 3rd option, and could make Miami a contender. But I don't think anyone thought he was a real superstar, even Pacers fans.
    He was an elite defender before his injury. Quick footed and great on-ball defender. Sadly, the injuries he's dealing with will heavily impact his explosiveness so I don't think he's going to be able to ever be that same defender. All-NBA defensive first team just two years ago. He's never going to see big money because of those injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Super disappointed because Oladipo is exactly what we needed defensively and as a back-up for Butler against the Nets. I really like Oladipo but his injury concerns and him being an explosive guard is a huge question mark for me in the future. 29 years old and the guy is coming off injury after injury.
    There is a report that VO may miss next season. I don't know how accurate that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    There is a report that VO may miss next season. I don't know how accurate that may be.
    I saw that as well but early estimates are still too early to tell. If that is the case, I wonder what Oladipo does. Take a low contract knowing that you're at least getting some money or will a team take the risk and offer him a decent contract in the hopes he can recover? He could have easily fetched a 9 figure contract when he was fully healthy... same situation Cousins was/is in. Unlucky!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

nobody is disagreeing. The problem is the heats best player is only getting older and now they add lowry to beat whom exactly? They aint beating the bucks or nets... They match up perfectly with the sixers but they aint beating the bucks or nets. Now imagine if they had harden for herro/robinson/nun/picks... bam/butler/dragic/harden is god tier.

dont worry their fanbase was much like the sixers... we had ben stains who has insane more value then herro plus thyb and better picks and our fanbase didnt want to do it. Their fanbase didnt want to do herro in anything with picks and robinson lol. Both teams have their stans and both teams **** the bed but one team **** the bed more and that is the team that wasnt getting screwed over because morey joined their team. Heat could have easily had harden and now they are ****ed.

i tried to warn heat fans when they got dipo... nobody listened. Dude is trash. Luckily you didnt give up anything though. If you give hima contract LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nobody is disagreeing. The problem is the heats best player is only getting older and now they add lowry to beat whom exactly? They aint beating the bucks or nets... They match up perfectly with the sixers but they aint beating the bucks or nets. Now imagine if they had harden for herro/robinson/nun/picks... bam/butler/dragic/harden is god tier.

dont worry their fanbase was much like the sixers... we had ben stains who has insane more value then herro plus thyb and better picks and our fanbase didnt want to do it. Their fanbase didnt want to do herro in anything with picks and robinson lol. Both teams have their stans and both teams **** the bed but one team **** the bed more and that is the team that wasnt getting screwed over because morey joined their team. Heat could have easily had harden and now they are ****ed.
    Nets would have traded Harden for 1 first round pick, and a package built around Herro and Robinson? If that's the case, please link the article.

Miami only had the ability to trade 1 future pick, the rest could have only been swap rights. I don't need to be an NBA insider to know that 1 guaranteed pick wasn't enough, and Miami was only being used as leverage if anything.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789