Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    So I realize it's still an absurdly small sample size, but Kelly Olynyk has dramatically outplayed Oladipo thus far. If Houston ends up re-signing him in the offseason, they could end up winning this trade in the long run.
    Lol, rinse and repeat with your talk after the Harden trade and the Rockets defense and potential season outlook in the honeymoon period. You don't give up, Lmao.

Anyway, Olynyk could average 25/10 thru the end of the season, we know those are empty stats. He really wasn't helping Miami win this season, and he's not staying unless he's overpaid which defeats the point of trying to flip him later.

Oladipo's defense has been huge along with Ariza for Miami in this 2 game sample. The team feels like they're on a string defensively for Oladipo's games so far. Whatever offense he provides will be bonus for now. He's finally in his proper role as a 3rd option. I expect him to bounce back at some point.

If Dragić and Herro can get hot from 3 in these last few weeks and Robinson maintains this run, along with Ariza getting to a consistent 35%+, Miami is going deep in the playoffs again. Their defense is that legit, and they could have 3 solid offensive figures with the needed spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Lol, rinse and repeat with your talk after the Harden trade and the Rockets defense and potential season outlook in the honeymoon period. You don't give up, Lmao.

Anyway, Olynyk could average 25/10 thru the end of the season, we know those are empty stats. He really wasn't helping Miami win this season, and he's not staying unless he's overpaid which defeats the point of trying to flip him later.

Oladipo's defense has been huge along with Ariza for Miami in this 2 game sample. The team feels like they're on a string defensively for Oladipo's games so far. Whatever offense he provides will be bonus for now. He's finally in his proper role as a 3rd option. I expect him to bounce back at some point.

If Dragi and Herro can get hot from 3 in these last few weeks and Robinson maintains this run, along with Ariza getting to a consistent 35%+, Miami is going deep in the playoffs again. Their defense is that legit, and they could have 3 solid offensive figures with the needed spacing.
    Guess it depends how the seeds shake out. The Heat defense against the Nets offense would make for a good series.

Dipo is a trash can... Why dont people get this? How many years is left on his deal etc because if he is a free agent the heat should let him walk man.

If Dragić and Herro can get hot from 3 in these last few weeks and Robinson maintains this run, along with Ariza getting to a consistent 35%+, Miami is going deep in the playoffs again. Their defense is that legit, and they could have 3 solid offensive figures with the needed spacing.
    Me defending the Rockets is crazy, but you praising Oladipo's defense after he missed his first two games with Miami and then went 5-21 the next two is completely sane? Who's the homer here exactly?

I said it before and I'll say it again: Miami re-signing Oladipo to a long-term deal worth a ton of money would be a mistake. The guy is insanely inefficient on offense, and not remotely good enough on defense to make up for it.

I could be wrong, though. We'll see how it plays out in the postseason. But if you're actually encouraged by what you've seen from Dipo through two games, you must have had super low expectations.

Me defending the Rockets is crazy, but you praising Oladipo's defense after he missed his first two games with Miami and then went 5-21 the next two is completely sane? Who's the homer here exactly?

I said it before and I'll say it again: Miami re-signing Oladipo to a long-term deal worth a ton of money would be a mistake. The guy is insanely inefficient on offense, and not remotely good enough on defense to make up for it.

I could be wrong, though. We'll see how it plays out in the postseason. But if you're actually encouraged by what you've seen from Dipo through two games, you must have had super low expectations.
    Homie, you're clearly the homer. You're banking your hopes and dreams in Kelly Olynyk's pony tail, stressing about who won the trade when your team has been straight trash, and he's going to be a 30yr old UFA.

I'm just glad Oladipo gives Miami another good defender, who is a much better two way option than Nunn & Herro when needed. I don't care at all about the trade or Oladipo I just want to see my team win.

Miami didn't trade anything of any value for Oladipo. This is his tryout. If he doesn't do well they don't have to resign him. They have cap for a max player & can still use Bird Rights to resign Robinson & Nunn who have tiny cap holds. Miami isn't as invested in Oladipo as much as mightybosstone is invested in Kelly "Jay from Jay and Silent Bob" Olynyk and proving the Rockets front office didn't lose a top 5 player for peanuts.

Homie, you're clearly the homer. You're banking your hopes and dreams in Kelly Olynyk's pony tail, stressing about who won the trade when your team has been straight trash, and he's going to be a 30yr old UFA.
    So a few things here. First, I never once have put my "hopes and dreams" into Olynyk. I've always liked his game and would have loved him here at the peak of the Harden era, but at best he's more than likely a 20-25 minute rotational big on a playoff team.

That being said, he's unquestionably been the best player thus far in a small sample size in terms of performance post trade. Dude has averaged a hyper-efficient (73.3% TS%!!!) 18/5/3/1/1 through five games in Houston with elite advanced stats, and the Rockets have just looked like a much better basketball team since they added him to the roster.

Also, Oladipo's barely a year younger than Olynyk and has a far worse injury history, so I'm not sure why him being 30 is all that relevant. You're also not upsetting me by calling the Rockets "straight trash." You know I want them to be terrible, right? Every Rockets fan on the planet is on board with Team Tank at this point.

I'm just glad Oladipo gives Miami another good defender, who is a much better two way option than Nunn & Herro when needed. I don't care at all about the trade or Oladipo I just want to see my team win.
    If you don't care about the trade, why are you going out of your way to instigate something that's not necessary? I was just making a point about who's playing the better basketball and that Houston might get better long-term value of of this deal, and you felt the need to insult me totally unprovoked. Kinda feels like you do care, chief.

And Oladipo's defense has never been an issue. I never had major problems with him on that end of the floor. It's his atrocious play on the offensive side of the floor that's the problem.

Miami didn't trade anything of any value for Oladipo. This is his tryout. If he doesn't do well they don't have to resign him. They have cap for a max player & can still use Bird Rights to resign Robinson & Nunn who have tiny cap holds.
    Cool. And that's fine. And as I've said MULTIPLE times in this thread, Miami clearly won that trade from a value standpoint. But I still think it's possible Houston could win the long-term if Oladipo either doesn't re-sign with Miami or does re-sign, but it ultimately doesn't benefit the franchise. I just think people were really overrating Dipo's value at the deadline and acting shocked by the return Houston got, when clearly they hadn't watched him play much this season. He has not been a plus basketball player this year, period.

Miami isn't as invested in Oladipo as much as mightybosstone is invested in Kelly "Jay from Jay and Silent Bob" Olynyk and proving the Rockets front office didn't lose a top 5 player for peanuts.
    I'm not invested in Olynyk or trying to prove anything. I 100% agree that I didn't like the LeVert for Oladipo swap at the time, and especially not now in hindsight. But I don't think losing LeVert is a huge loss, and I don't think he's a stellar young prospect either.

It really feels like you're taking this personal, dude. I'm just trying to talk basketball here, and I've hardly said anything outlandish or shocking to warrant the animosity you're pushing right now.

So a few things here. First, I never once have put my "hopes and dreams" into Olynyk. I've always liked his game and would have loved him here at the peak of the Harden era, but at best he's more than likely a 20-25 minute rotational big on a playoff team.

That being said, he's unquestionably been the best player thus far in a small sample size in terms of performance post trade. Dude has averaged a hyper-efficient (73.3% TS%!!!) 18/5/3/1/1 through five games in Houston with elite advanced stats, and the Rockets have just looked like a much better basketball team since they added him to the roster.

Also, Oladipo's barely a year younger than Olynyk and has a far worse injury history, so I'm not sure why him being 30 is all that relevant. You're also not upsetting me by calling the Rockets "straight trash." You know I want them to be terrible, right? Every Rockets fan on the planet is on board with Team Tank at this point.

If you don't care about the trade, why are you going out of your way to instigate something that's not necessary? I was just making a point about who's playing the better basketball and that Houston might get better long-term value of of this deal, and you felt the need to insult me totally unprovoked. Kinda feels like you do care, chief.
    You're clearly invested in Olynyk. You have a tanking team that's going to be rebuilding and nowhere near good for several years, and you're already piecing together scenarios in your head in how to resign and flip said player to somehow make the trade outlook seem better for your team in your head. Lol, clown work of a front office homer.

Cool. And that's fine. And as I've said MULTIPLE times in this thread, Miami clearly won that trade from a value standpoint. But I still think it's possible Houston could win the long-term if Oladipo either doesn't re-sign with Miami or does re-sign, but it ultimately doesn't benefit the franchise. I just think people were really overrating Dipo's value at the deadline and acting shocked by the return Houston got, when clearly they hadn't watched him play much this season. He has not been a plus basketball player this year, period.
    How do you win anything when we're 1) talking 2-4 games in for each player 2) Neither player has resigned anything.

Exactly how do you envision Olynyk helping your team this year? Oladipo MIGHT help Miami advance father in the playoffs, Olynyk AT BEST will take minutes away from young players in a rebuild, and over-inflate his market value.

How do you envision Olynyk helping your team next year? Still taking minutes from younger players? Still helping command the tank? Tell me in specifics?

But they will win the trade long-term? This is a TOTAL waste of time.
    Last edited by beasted86; 04-05-2021 at 12:31 PM.

You're clearly invested in Olynyk.
    No more so than I was Oladipo. He's a solid player who could be a good veteran presence on a rebuilding team. I don't see him as a core piece of a rebuilding team anymore than I did Oladipo, who (again) is only a year younger and comes with a lengthy injury history.

You have a tanking team that's going to be rebuilding and nowhere near good for several years, and you're already piecing together scenarios in your head in how to resign and flip said player to somehow make the trade outlook seem better for your team in your head.
    Nope. Not really. Just commenting that he's played really well in Houston and I think he could end up having a role here in the long run more so than I felt like Oladipo did.

Lol, clown work of a front office homer.
    Cool. Please refer to my previous comments about you being a tool for no reason.

How do you win anything when we're 1) talking 2-4 games in for each player 2) Neither player has resigned anything.
    They haven't. Nobody's won anything yet. Notice I use "long run" and "long-term" a lot when I'm talking about this.

Exactly how do you envision Olynyk helping your team this year?
    By providing a veteran presence and helping the flow of the offense on a team that has really struggled to figure out what it wants to do offensively. I don't expect they're going to win a lot more games because they signed Olynyk, but I don't want them to win many games the rest of the season. But I think he could have value and help them win the long-term.

Oladipo MIGHT help Miami advance father in the playoffs.
    Maybe. I'm not saying he will or won't. Just stating that Olynyk has outplayed him thus far.

Olynyk AT BEST will take minutes away from young players in a rebuild, and over-inflate his market value.
    Mmm... Not really. Houston's depth in the front court depth was hot garbage before he came along. The only guy whose minutes he's taking away have been DJ Wilson, but Wilson is still getting minutes right now. Those are the only three true bigs they have on the roster.

How do you envision Olynyk helping your team next year? Still taking minutes from younger players? Still helping command the tank? Tell me in specifics?
    See my notes above. I think he adds a skillset that will benefit this team in the long run, and given the lack of depth and talent in the front court outside of Christian Wood, I don't see him taking away a ton of minutes from younger bigs. Maybe that changes if they were to add a talented young big, but I think having a few quality veterans on the roster can't hurt.

Also, if this ends up being a quicker turnaround, I could see him being a part of a winning team in Houston down the line. He may be 30 next year, but if they're winning games again in 2-3 years, he'll still have plenty of miles left in his legs.

But they will win the trade long-term? This is a TOTAL waste of time.
    I don't know. I don't know if they're going to good in 2 or 5 or 10 years from now. I don't know if they're going to draft a young stud big man who makes him irrelevant, or if he'll even re-sign here at all.

I just know he's playing really good basketball right now, and I like what he's brought to the table in his short time in Houston. And if I had to pay Kelly Olynk $10 million-$12 million a season for the next 2-4 years to be a quality bench big or Victor Oladipo $25 million-$30 million-plus for the next 2-4 years to be my starting SG, I'd rather have Olynyk.

God I really hope Kelly O is not part of the future, thatís not what we had in mind when we traded Harden. The idea is to reset and rebuild not add veteran role players. Iím pretty sure Kelly will sign with a new team in free agency. For now heís been a pretty good pick up for my fantasy league lol.

Houston really needs to scout well and focus on building through the draft. The only piece I see on the roster that can remain beyond next season is Christian Wood, being that heís only 25 and on a great contract value wise I think he can be apart of the next era or Rockets basketball. Aside from him I do like Kevin Porter Jr, and maybe Martin Jr. And thatís about it. Everyone else can go. Iíd like for Stone to try and trade Eric Gordon & House. And maybe we could move Wall next year as he only has two years remaining but weíll see what happens there. We might be stuck with him for a while yet.

It would be cool if the Rockets bough Kelly out and my other team could sign him. The Raptors need a veteran big and Kelly can go home to Canada. Might be a good fit for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    God I really hope Kelly O is not part of the future, thatís not what we had in mind when we traded Harden. The idea is to reset and rebuild not add veteran role players. Iím pretty sure Kelly will sign with a new team in free agency. For now heís been a pretty good pick up for my fantasy league lol.

Houston really needs to scout well and focus on building through the draft. The only piece I see on the roster that can remain beyond next season is Christian Wood, being that heís only 25 and on a great contract value wise I think he can be apart of the next era or Rockets basketball. Aside from him I do like Kevin Porter Jr, and maybe Martin Jr. And thatís about it. Everyone else can go. Iíd like for Stone to try and trade Eric Gordon & House. And maybe we could move Wall next year as he only has two years remaining but weíll see what happens there. We might be stuck with him for a while yet.
    I'll be interested to see how their 3 first rounders in 2021 play out.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I'll be interested to see how their 3 first rounders in 2021 play out.
    Iím optimistic about the draft class. Seems like thereís some decent talent coming out. Just hope the new GM has an eye for talent and can draft well.

No Jae'Sean Tate? Have you watched much Rockets basketball this season, dude?

Iím optimistic about the draft class. Seems like thereís some decent talent coming out. Just hope the new GM has an eye for talent and can draft well.
    The last time they had 3 first rounders was the Lamb, Jones, Royce White draft, right?

If so, oof lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The last time they had 3 first rounders was the Lamb, Jones, Royce White draft, right?

If so, oof lol
    Yeah, but it's worth noting that Lamb was a pretty big part of the Harden trade, so I can forgive the Royce White and Terrence Jones selections. Jones at least had a few productive years in Houston. Worth the 18th overall pick? probably not, but not a complete bust.

Ultimately, though, the Rockets' draft capital will depend on what happens with the lottery. If they end up with a top 4 pick, I like their odds at getting a franchise cornerstone, as the top 5 players in this draft as as strong as any draft class in years. If that pick goes to OKC and they end up with Miami's pick instead, they'll probably end up with three picks in that 18-26 range. At that point, it's a total crapshoot.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast