Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Well yeah the tin foil hats speak for them selves lol
    Tin foil buttplugs. Canada is about to adminster them

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I keep seeing that narrative thrown around, and half of it's wrong. Jarret Allen had literally nothing to do with Victor Oladipo in that part of the Harden trade. Allen went to Cleveland for Exum, Kurucs and a 2022 1st rounder from Milwaukee. In terms of LeVert, yes, I agree that I'd much rather have had him in the deal than Dipo. It seemed like a bad move at the time, and it seems much worse in hindsight.

But for what it's worth, Houston got out while they still could, they got another first round swap out of it next year that could be pretty valuable (the difference between Brooklyn and Miami right now is 11 spots), and the deal has not made Miami any better. In fact, Miami has been worse since the Oladipo trade, and I'm not sure he's going to play another game in a Heat jersey.

Also, you could make the argument that by taking on no decent players in the Harden trade, it helped the tank. Does adding LeVert make them a .500 basketball team? Definitely not, but it might have made them good enough to not be in the bottom 3-4. For the Rockets, the priority has to be keeping their first round pick this season, which only happens if it's a top 4 selection. If they end up tanking, though, and not keeping that first round pick? It's going to be a very rough next couple of seasons.
    IDK much about the pick swaps but I'd rather have Jarret Allen tbh. You can stealth tank with better players, even by that logic, as sad as it is to say, fortune would have smiled on them since Lavert had to miss time anyways and hasn't been looking like his old self just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah, the asset is lost and the same reason why I wasn't so high on Miami acquiring Dipo was the same reason I scratched my head at what Houston did to go out of their way to avoid getting the best players in this 3 team trade.
    Seems full tank was the motivation. As I've mentioned before though, drafting 3 first round picks in one draft is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    IDK much about the pick swaps but I'd rather have Jarret Allen tbh. You can stealth tank with better players, even by that logic, as sad as it is to say, fortune would have smiled on them since Lavert had to miss time anyways and hasn't been looking like his old self just yet.
    They didn't get a pick swap for Allen, though. They got Milwaukee's first next year, Exum and Kurucs. Also, Allen was expiring after this season. Just like with Dipo, re-signing him was always going to be a challenge.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567