Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    One guy: Hereís my take on something.
    Other guy: I disagree with your take and think youíre an idiot for thinking this.
    First guy: As of right now, thatís my take. Not sure why youíre ripping in to me for an opinion.
    Other guy: I think you're probably best suited to getting some sunshine, and disconnecting from online for a few weeks at minimum.

Lol, how pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think you're probably best suited to getting some sunshine, and disconnecting from online for a few weeks at minimum. You take everything way too seriously and personally dealing with total strangers online. It's unhealthy to invest so much attention to what somebody you'll never meet has to say about a team that doesn't know you exist. You find an axe to grind with everything included the perceived trade off comparison of a player who's going to leave in less than 2 months, and isn't helping the team win or build for the long term.

I say these things totally human to human. Whatever you still think of me, I'm just glad I tried to help the only way I know how. Be safe.
    You're the one who instigated in the first place, chief. And given your nutjob conspiracy theory takes on things other than sports, I'm not sure you have any room to suggest anyone else on PSD "needs sunshine."

Donít look now but Oladipo left the Lakers game on a non-contact play. All he did was jump up for an uncontested two handed dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Donít look now but Oladipo left the Lakers game on a non-contact play. All he did was jump up for an uncontested two handed dunk.
    Looks like the X-rays he had yesterday came back negative, but he was also supposed to get an MRI today. I know I've talked crap about him in this thread a lot and don't think super highly of him as a player, but I'd never wish ill will on an athlete who's a decent human being and tries hard to be good at what he does.

While I do selfishly hope Miami's picks this year and next are as poor as they reasonably can be for Houston, I do truly hope Oladipo can get healthy again and be the player he once was at his peak in Indiana. He seems like a good dude, and he's certainly talented and a hard worker.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Looks like the X-rays he had yesterday came back negative, but he was also supposed to get an MRI today. I know I've talked crap about him in this thread a lot and don't think super highly of him as a player, but I'd never wish ill will on an athlete who's a decent human being and tries hard to be good at what he does.

While I do selfishly hope Miami's picks this year and next are as poor as they reasonably can be for Houston, I do truly hope Oladipo can get healthy again and be the player he once was at his peak in Indiana. He seems like a good dude, and he's certainly talented and a hard worker.
    Agree with everything you say. Iíd be very wary of giving him a big contract this coming offseason. Miami lucked out by not really giving up much for him but that was due to Houston waiting too long to cash him in.

I don't believe the injury was serious. Oladipo is expected to missed 4-5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I don't believe the injury was serious. Oladipo is expected to missed 4-5 games.
    It's going to be at least that long. He stayed back in Miami to get his knee evaluated. He was supposed to have an MRI on Friday. Considering we haven't heard the results and he's not traveling on the road trip, I wouldn't imagine that he got great news.

Hopefully he returns this season. If he doesn't, I have to question his decision to turn down that 2 year, $45 million extension Houston offered him. I can't see him getting that in free agency given his performance and injury history this season.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You're the one who instigated in the first place, chief. And given your nutjob conspiracy theory takes on things other than sports, I'm not sure you have any room to suggest anyone else on PSD "needs sunshine."
    Idk what you guys are talking about but conspiracy theorists tend to get alot of sun. Its one of the conspiracies....

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Idk what you guys are talking about but conspiracy theorists tend to get alot of sun. Its one of the conspiracies....
    Lol

glad someone got a chuckle out of it

People still think Oladipo is good? Lol he's been *** this year

I still canít believe Houston took on Oladipo instead of LeVert and Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    I keep seeing that narrative thrown around, and half of it's wrong. Jarret Allen had literally nothing to do with Victor Oladipo in that part of the Harden trade. Allen went to Cleveland for Exum, Kurucs and a 2022 1st rounder from Milwaukee. In terms of LeVert, yes, I agree that I'd much rather have had him in the deal than Dipo. It seemed like a bad move at the time, and it seems much worse in hindsight.

But for what it's worth, Houston got out while they still could, they got another first round swap out of it next year that could be pretty valuable (the difference between Brooklyn and Miami right now is 11 spots), and the deal has not made Miami any better. In fact, Miami has been worse since the Oladipo trade, and I'm not sure he's going to play another game in a Heat jersey.

Also, you could make the argument that by taking on no decent players in the Harden trade, it helped the tank. Does adding LeVert make them a .500 basketball team? Definitely not, but it might have made them good enough to not be in the bottom 3-4. For the Rockets, the priority has to be keeping their first round pick this season, which only happens if it's a top 4 selection. If they end up tanking, though, and not keeping that first round pick? It's going to be a very rough next couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    glad someone got a chuckle out of it
    Well yeah the tin foil hats speak for them selves lol

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Yeah, the asset is lost and the same reason why I wasn't so high on Miami acquiring Dipo was the same reason I scratched my head at what Houston did to go out of their way to avoid getting the best players in this 3 team trade.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast